+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 140th Draw

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Do you or anyone else know if I can get my proof of work experience and proof of funds letters before I get an ITA?
Is it alright if they are dated tomorrow, and then I get an ITA, say, on 1 April?
CEC applicants don't need proof of funds.

Letters of Employment just need to be dated after you finished working for the employer.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
The next draw could be either a FST or a general one.
Let's hope for the better.
I'm just not quite sure if they're planning one for April 1st, or only April 8th.

I just upgraded my score to 475 (FSW), and can't wait any longer for my ITA. This process is just so stressful, adding all the uncertainties of COVID-19 only make things worst.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – March 23, 2020
Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued: 3,232Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,232st or above
Date and time of round: March 23, 2020 at 16:12:27 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 467
Tie-breaking rule: November 25, 2019 at 14:00:35 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Footnotes
Footnote *
Candidates from the Canadian Experience Class were eligible for this round of invitations.

pedromeucci

Oct 18, 2019
CEC applicants don't need proof of funds.

Letters of Employment just need to be dated after you finished working for the employer.
Will this work?

I have a past experience that falls under NOC A back in my country. My letter of employment for this job is dated "worked from January 2015 to January 2017".

My current experience is in NOC B here in Canada. It is still my current job, so my employer wrote: "worked from March 2019 until the day of this letter" which is signed being March 2020.

Do I need to put the day also?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Will this work?

I have a past experience that falls under NOC A back in my country. My letter of employment for this job is dated "worked from January 2015 to January 2017".

My current experience is in NOC B here in Canada. It is still my current job, so my employer wrote: "worked from March 2019 until the day of this letter" which is signed being March 2020.

Do I need to put the day also?
The day is certainly useful, albeit, I don't know if it is essential. If you can get it on the letters try to.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
CEC are not necessarily inland.

My guess is that the virus spread has brought a huge setback for the economy. Therefore, it makes more sense to invite only those candidates who are more likely to find a job in Canada in the foreseeable future. Those categories are people whose occupations are in demand (PNP) and those who already have Canadian experience (CEC).
I think they should just compile a list of in demand NOC's and do only NOC specific draws since they will have a high chance of getting a job in the future and the candidates will not have to go through the hassle of getting a PNP nomination.

Saradeen+

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I just got an ITA!!. Yayya. However, I submitted my PNP application Thursday and paid $1500, not sure if they will refund me. Any idea!.

Magjo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
hello! I just got invitation as well ( I am sooo happy)! I thought the first thing i am gonna do is book for my medical exam. I have been trying to find it but i can not see where to update. Could you please tell me where to find ?

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hello guys,

I’m at 468 and already received ITA today (very unexpectedly) as most of you I imagine.

I’ve been reading a lot of comments and bugs my mind that people feel so entitled to receive an ITA while they have never put their foot on this country.

I just want to point out a few things for people who are awaiting an invitation and did not qualify under the PNP/CEC program:

A LOT of international students with valid and skilled work experience (like me) or foreign workers already in Canada have been struggling to get an ITA lately since the raise in the score.

We have spent a LOT of time/money and effort to be able to live here already. Our commitment of being great and contributing to this society need to be part of the criteria when selecting EE candidates. We pay taxes and contribute in so many different ways.

This CEC-only round should have been done a a long ago to give people ALREADY here a pathway to permanent residence. We have made a commitment to be here and make our lives here. Not all of us have perfect scores but we do meet requirements set to settle permanently.

I have been waiting for a long time and I have a great IELTS score (overall 8) so it’s not fair that we are put in the back burner to bring people who have no idea where they are going.

I still think that, of course, we must give a path to very skilled applicants to apply, however, priority should always be for applicants with Canadian education and work, which in my opinion is not weighted properly.

My question for those outside: Why do you think you should be prioritize over people who are already here?

It’s a bit unfair in my opinion to allow people who just for the fact of having “more experience” Or even a bit more language proficiency (which I also think it goes past a 2 hour exam) to come here, and guess what. Many of them cannot adapt quickly and find a job in their field.

My thought is for all people who are already here and have been waiting! Be patient and your ITA will come!

Last edited:

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hello guys,

I’m at 468 and already received ITA today (very unexpectedly) as most of you I imagine.

I’ve been reading a lot of comments and bugs my mind that people feel so entitled to receive an ITA while they have never put their foot on this country.

I just want to point out a few things for people who are awaiting an invitation and did not qualify under the PNP/CEC program:

A LOT of international students with valid and skilled work experience (like me) or foreign workers already in Canada have been struggling to get an ITA lately since the raise in the score.

We have spent a LOT of time/money and effort to be able to live here already. Our commitment of being great and contributing to this society need to be part of the criteria when selecting EE candidates. We pay taxes and contribute in so many different ways.

This CEC-only round should have been done a a long ago to give people ALREADY here a pathway to permanent residence. We have make a commitment to be here and make our lives here. Not all of us have perfect scores but we do meet requirements set to settle permanently.

I have been waiting for a long time and I have a great IELTS score (overall 8) so it’s not fair that we are put in the back burner to bring people who have no idea where they are going.

I still think that, of course, we must give a path to very skilled applicants to apply, however, priority should always be for applicants with Canadian education and work, which in my opinion is not weighted properly.

My question for those outside: Why do you think you should be prioritize over people who are already here?

It’s a bit unfair in my opinion to allow people who just for the fact of having “more experience” Or even a bit more language proficiency (which I also think it goes past a 2 hour exam) to come here, and guess what. Many of them cannot adapt quickly and find a job in their field.

My thought is for all people who are already here and have been waiting! Be patient and your ITA will come!
@ALEALB
In addition, the amount of money an international student pays to study here(Avg of $30,000 for 2 years) plus living expenses- then to get your PGWP status and then you look to see your permit drawing closer to the expiry date with no ITA! I agree that everyone should be considered but I dont see where people should be complaining if there is a CEC/PNP specific draw!
For people already here- we pay taxes and contribute to the economy while still being exempt from some benefits. In addition PNP is not free ($1500 for OINP, $700 for BC PNP), Plus we have to spend so much money to get documents from back home- FEDEX cost for police reports PLUS police reports from RCMP.
It is a lot- so if you dont get an ITA, dont bash the categories that did

craigb2424

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Pure speculation, but I wonder how they will go about verifying occupations and employment history with so many companies closed due to Covid-19?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hello guys,

This CEC-only round should have been done a a long ago to give people ALREADY here a pathway to permanent residence. We have made a commitment to be here and make our lives here. Not all of us have perfect scores but we do meet requirements set to settle permanently.

I 100% agree with you. Majority of the CEC candidates spent a lot of money for studying there contributing to the economy and they will have better chance securing a job after they graduate as they have already adapted to living in the country. I hope the government realises this and favours inland applicants only from now on more so due to the current pandemic situation.