+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 140th Draw

Rangana

Jul 23, 2015
It's candidates with experience working in Canada. If you have work experience in Canada you enter the CEC stream.

I'm CEC but not currently in Canada. :oops:
I’m in same situation. CEC @ 468 but currently not in Canada. Please let me know if you have received an ITA

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Ya. I'm expecting I still will.

I have all my documents already. Medical done, IELTS, WES, Police certificates, employment letters. I had a previous application that was withdrawn when an ex-employer would only give me a "standard reference" instead of one as per IRCC guidelines.
Do you or anyone else know if I can get my proof of work experience and proof of funds letters before I get an ITA?
Is it alright if they are dated tomorrow, and then I get an ITA, say, on 1 April?

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
So if they want to ignore people outside of the country for upcoming draws ; they should do some draws for none residing candidates after covid19 pandemic. Meanwhile the virus is "pandemic" and it may take several mounts or a year to resolve.By then many countries include Canada will engage this issue and no matter where you belong to

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
So if they want to ignore people outside of the country for upcoming draws ; they should do some draws for none residing candidates after covid19 pandemic. Meanwhile the virus is "pandemic" and it may take several mounts or a year to resolve.By then many countries include Canada will engage this issue and no matter where you belong to
I understand why you are worked up. They are probably trying to come up with ways to handle outland applications. Inland applications are less complicated and don't need verification services outside Canada for the most part. IRCC probably relies on third-party services to do background checks in countries like China, India, Nigeria, and so on. With COVID-19, these services are affected, so this is likely temporary.

Also, CEC candidates are able to score above 470 easily, so by removing them from the pool, the score could drastically drop if they choose to do an FSW draw when things get better. Personally speaking, achieving anything over 440 is extremely hard for FSW candidates while anything over 470 starts to get hard for CEC candidates. So, doing separate draws for these categories makes the playing ground level.

I never thought the CRS cut-off will drop below 469, it did; so, stay positive!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I understand why you are worked up. They are probably trying to come up with ways to handle outland applications. Inland applications are less complicated and don't need verification services outside Canada for the most part. IRCC probably relies on third-party services to do background checks in countries like China, India, Nigeria, and so on. With COVID-19, these services are affected, so this is likely temporary.

Also, CEC candidates are able to score above 470 easily, so by removing them from the pool, the score could drastically drop if they choose to do an FSW draw when things get better. Personally speaking, achieving anything over 440 is extremely hard for FSW candidates while anything over 470 starts to get hard for CEC candidates. So, doing separate draws for these categories makes the playing ground level.
CEC are not necessarily inland.

My guess is that the virus spread has brought a huge setback for the economy. Therefore, it makes more sense to invite only those candidates who are more likely to find a job in Canada in the foreseeable future. Those categories are people whose occupations are in demand (PNP) and those who already have Canadian experience (CEC).

Reactions: indianstudent96

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
CEC are not necessarily inland.

My guess is that the virus spread has brought a huge setback for the economy. Therefore, it makes more sense to invite only those candidates who are more likely to find a job in Canada in the foreseeable future. Those categories are people whose occupations are in demand (PNP) and those who already have Canadian experience (CEC).
I know that all CEC candidates are not inland, but most are. I don't think it is practical for IRCC to conduct draws only for "inland candidates." This explains the PNP and CEC draws. We both agree on this :) It is going to be extremely hard for anyone to find a job due to this pandemic.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
It is going to be extremely hard for anyone to find a job due to this pandemic.
Oh yeah, it's a disaster right now. Both Ontario and Quebec are shutting down "non-essential" businesses as of tomorrow, leaving only groceries, pharmacies and maybe take-outs/delivery open.
Government dismissed workers a week ago.