+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 140th Draw

AP7887

Nov 13, 2019
i just saw that. i wont question their assumptions as they're merely "assumptions"
however upon checking the figures in each bracket, if next draw is above 3,000 it will for sure touch 468-469 at least.
Agree. although the prediction keeps changing - probably as and when new profiles get added to the pool / tracker and then extrapolated

max04

Mar 21, 2020
i just saw that. i wont question their assumptions as they're merely "assumptions"
however upon checking the figures in each bracket, if next draw is above 3,000 it will for sure touch 468-469 at least.
Any scope for 466 ?

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hello everybody. I have a question :

I am on a one-year work permit following a one-year study permit. I have worked 45 weeks for 40 hours in Canada, Ontario and have to fulfill another 7 weeks by June 13th to be qualified under CEC. Due to COVID19 my workplace (Childcare) is shut down untill unknown!!! I applied for EI after my employer submited my ROE form to Service Canada, but I will go back to work as soon as the government annonce that the childcares can start working.

I am at 467 and I need the score for my one year Canadian work experience to get an ITA.

My question is whether the period of time that I have not been working is going to be counted in my work experience. If not, will I be able to extend my work permit for as long as I was obliged to stop working to make up for the missing weeks?

Thx

brokenira

Feb 27, 2020
Hello everybody. I have a question :

I am on a one-year work permit following a one-year study permit. I have worked 45 weeks for 40 hours in Canada, Ontario and have to fulfill another 7 weeks by June 13th to be qualified under CEC. Due to COVID19 my workplace (Childcare) is shut down untill unknown!!! I applied for EI after my employer submited my ROE form to Service Canada, but I will go back to work as soon as the government annonce that the childcares can start working.

I am at 467 and I need the score for my one year Canadian work experience to get an ITA.

My question is whether the period of time that I have not been working is going to be counted in my work experience. If not, will I be able to extend my work permit for as long as I was obliged to stop working to make up for the missing weeks?

Thx
without your current Canadian work experience, is your score 467? If so, retake ielts or celpip to boost your score.

According to the website of the government,
Employment Insurance (EI) provides regular benefits to individuals who lose their jobs through no fault of their own (for example, due to shortage of work, seasonal or mass lay-offs) and are available for and able to work, but can't find a job.

Always apply for EI benefits as soon as you stop working. You can apply for benefits even if you have not yet received your Record of Employment (ROE). If you delay filing your claim for benefits for more than four weeks after your last day of work, you may lose benefits.

In other words, you are currently unemployed and will receive EI from the government instead of paycheque from your ex-employer. It means you are 7 weeks short from completing 1 year Canadian work experience.

Regarding to your question about if your work permit is extendable, it depends. If you are currently holding a post-graduate open permit, then the answer is no. But who know, IRCC may extend your due to COVID-19. Another way to extend is would be your employer get a LMIA approved and apply a work permit for you.

These are just my thoughts may not be accurate.

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Many reports claim that the draw on 25th March is likely to be cancelled. COVID-19 is really messing up the world. Pray for everyone's safety.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
would you mind to share the link to the folk who asked about it?
[/https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html?fbclid=IwAR2-LP4AEXiSpu-A8L50kgE2fDX-i3pMmIfS13MC8ubQFIvQhTTh-4VEjuo

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
without your current Canadian work experience, is your score 467? If so, retake ielts or celpip to boost your score.

According to the website of the government,
Employment Insurance (EI) provides regular benefits to individuals who lose their jobs through no fault of their own (for example, due to shortage of work, seasonal or mass lay-offs) and are available for and able to work, but can't find a job.

Always apply for EI benefits as soon as you stop working. You can apply for benefits even if you have not yet received your Record of Employment (ROE). If you delay filing your claim for benefits for more than four weeks after your last day of work, you may lose benefits.

In other words, you are currently unemployed and will receive EI from the government instead of paycheque from your ex-employer. It means you are 7 weeks short from completing 1 year Canadian work experience.

Regarding to your question about if your work permit is extendable, it depends. If you are currently holding a post-graduate open permit, then the answer is no. But who know, IRCC may extend your due to COVID-19. Another way to extend is would be your employer get a LMIA approved and apply a work permit for you.

These are just my thoughts may not be accurate.

thank you for your reply.
My thoughts are the same as yours. I m going to try for CLB 10.

bhagatkhaira95

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Yeah, I've seen no such reports yet. IRCC has explicitly said they're continuing to process applications. I don't see why there wouldn't be a draw on the 25th.
If not on 25th March, atleast hopefully there is regular draw on 1st April because I saw that PEI have cancelled provincial draw and other provinces might cancel the Draws in future. But when things get normal lots of people will come in pool quickly. Therefore, hopefully draws continue to come regularly. Otherwise later on when things will be normal CRS score would go very high

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
If not on 25th March, atleast hopefully there is regular draw on 1st April because I saw that PEI have cancelled provincial draw and other provinces might cancel the Draws in future. But when things get normal lots of people will come in pool quickly. Therefore, hopefully draws continue to come regularly. Otherwise later on when things will be normal CRS score would go very high
Will be rescheduled to a later date. That was written clearly on their post. Pls do not say “cancel”

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes, if not, then 1 April would be great. But the sooner, the better. Remaining positive for 25 March. :)

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
this outbreak will probably last 8 or 9 months. assuming all services like ECA and IELTS are operating at 50% capacities hard to see regular draws.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
this outbreak will probably last 8 or 9 months. assuming all services like ECA and IELTS are operating at 50% capacities hard to see regular draws.
Yes. It might persist till around July-September but that is much reason why the draws will continue maybe not as usual but in a more controlled manner. The uncertainty surrounding the pandemic is huge and as time goes on, some countries may be forced to resume life as usual in order to escape economic hardship and Canada is no exemption