+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Guys,

Last week I attempted the TCF test, and just after finishing the test I already received a Preliminary Report, with my Reading/Listening scores. Now, I'm waiting for the final report to come out, with my Speaking/Writing scores. That preliminary report has a Code Number.

Question is: CIEP (owner of the TCF test) has a message on their website stating that their services might face delays due to COVID-19. Also, IRCC states that if any document is delayed due to COVID-19, they will accept it later on.
So... do you think I could already use my Reading/Listening scores on my profile? And then later on update it with Speaking/Writing? (asking this because I believe I could already achieve the cutoff score by simply adding my Reading/Listening scores).

I did a bunch of research to try to understand if I can use the scores presented on the "preliminary report", but simply didn't find anything related to it.
If the Code Number is the same for Preliminary and Final reports it could work. But it's definitely a risk. I'm assuming you'll need to enter the issue date for the report, and if the dates don't match it could be an issue during review.

The allowance for late documents seems to be geared more towards documents required post-ITA, ie. medical report, biometrics, police certs, and employment history. ECA and Language results are required pre-ITA in order to calculate an accurate CRS.

Hopefully you get the report on time.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Guys,

Last week I attempted the TCF test, and just after finishing the test I already received a Preliminary Report, with my Reading/Listening scores. Now, I'm waiting for the final report to come out, with my Speaking/Writing scores. That preliminary report has a Code Number.

Question is: CIEP (owner of the TCF test) has a message on their website stating that their services might face delays due to COVID-19. Also, IRCC states that if any document is delayed due to COVID-19, they will accept it later on.
So... do you think I could already use my Reading/Listening scores on my profile? And then later on update it with Speaking/Writing? (asking this because I believe I could already achieve the cutoff score by simply adding my Reading/Listening scores).

I did a bunch of research to try to understand if I can use the scores presented on the "preliminary report", but simply didn't find anything related to it.
Is the TCF test difficult?

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Is the TCF test difficult?
For me, a native Portuguese speaker, relatively easy. French and Portuguese share a bunch of words, so even someone with almost zero knowledge of french, but knowledge of portuguese, is capable of achieving a A2 ou B1 level (CLB5).

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I updated mine a couple of times yesterday and today, usually less than 2 minutes of processing.
I've heard people complaining about a delay (sometimes of more than 1 day) between updating their profiles and actually seeing the new CRS score.
Does anyone know if the new score actually chances after submission of profile, or only after the new score shows up on the website?
Asking this because CIEP could potentially release my final TCF report tomorrow morning, maybe 30 minutes before the draw. Would my score change instantly (even if the website doesn't show that change immediately)?

rscape

Mar 2, 2020
I've heard people complaining about a delay (sometimes of more than 1 day) between updating their profiles and actually seeing the new CRS score.
Does anyone know if the new score actually chances after submission of profile, or only after the new score shows up on the website?
Asking this because CIEP could potentially release my final TCF report tomorrow morning, maybe 30 minutes before the draw. Would my score change instantly (even if the website doesn't show that change immediately)?
just my own experience, yesterday I updated my profile, signed and waited less than 2 minutes until the system says updates are submitted. scrolled down and seeing a new CRS.

Reactions: jrossi

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
The idea of the quarantine/lockdown is to flatten the curve and not overwhelm healthcare systems. It's been reported that up to 70% of the world's population will get COVID-19, and the majority of those will be mild. Older people and those with underlying conditions are most at risk, so the idea is to spread the number of cases out over a larger period of time, rather than have one big spike, so that those that need medical treatment can receive it. Once cases reduce to manageable levels things will return as much as possible to how they were before all of this started. Cases have already started to decline in China and Italy.
It has declined because of the quarantine. And its not quarantine like here in Canada. In my country people are banned to leave house after a certain time and private cars are banned from circulation. This way they are keeping it under control. Not even tiny amount of population is infected and the health-care system is already under huge pressure. You can dream for best scenario though, I don't mind after all, this is not a health forum. (1 month before people were joking calling it a Chinese virus that will affect only China) Best advice we can give to people now is, save lots and lots of money. You are going to need it, once you lend in Canada (if you do lend). The issue is not the health related part, it's the economic depression that is approaching now.

Reactions: mammu.529

Rohit22

Dec 20, 2017
If that article isn't a valid source then what makes you think your opinion on a forum is anymore valid? lol

Instead of stoking fears about what you think IRCC might do, have a look at their website. That will be the first place they release any information. At the moment all indications are there is no change to normal processing operations. Allowances have been made for applicants in affected areas, and COPR traveling to Canada are still accepted.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

As for the economy, you do understand why Canada has the immigration targets it has, right?

My opinion is as valid as yours, any one else's and the person who wrote the advertisement. Lol.

What are the 'indications that there is no change' you speak of please elaborate and COPR has to be accepted once issued just like a visa. But how many new COPRs have been issued in last week?

Do you really think Canada's economy depends on immigration targets? Or are u implying that the economy won't be affected by COVID19?

I'm not stoking fears but giving the ground report which u don't want ppl to know as ure obviously an agent who portrays everything is hunky dory so that more potential immigrants come to u for business

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
My opinion is as valid as yours, any one else's and the person who wrote the advertisement. Lol.
I never said it wasn't. I asked what makes your opinion more valid than the opinion in the article you dismissed. You're an anonymous person on a forum so your info must be trustworthy. Lol
What are the 'indications that there is no change' you speak of please elaborate and COPR has to be accepted once issued just like a visa. But how many new COPRs have been issued in last week?
That's exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing. There are no indications IRCC has changed anything so to assume such without any evidence is just paranoia and stoking fear.

I don't know the number of COPRs. But if you read the coronavirus update page on their site it indicates their measures and contingencies for such things.
Do you really think Canada's economy depends on immigration targets? Or are u implying that the economy won't be affected by COVID19?
Yes. It does. That's the whole point of their high immigration targets. The pandemic will definitely affect things, but Canada still needs immigration. And still has targets to achieve. They wouldn't have confirmed those targets last week otherwise.
I'm not stoking fears but giving the ground report which u don't want ppl to know as ure obviously an agent who portrays everything is hunky dory so that more potential immigrants come to u for business
Ok, tinfoil hat time. I'm basing my opinions on information coming direct from IRCC. I'll continue with that over some random "ground report" found on a forum. But good luck, mate. You believe what you want.

Last edited:

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I think Canada should halt the whole immigration process as the economic recession is just around the corner because of the Corona virus. Job market will be severely impacted and even if someone is able to immigrate, he won't be able to get a job.
If I were an immigration minister, I would have stopped as the real concern for the government should be about its current population.

BTW I am in the line with CRS 460 and I know people will advise me withdraw the profile if the situation is that bad.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
I raised this question from another new thread, but no one responsed. Please help here. Thanks!!!

Hey guys, I know it's a question with the answer "move out of Quebec", but due to Covid-19, I have been in a dilemma. I received ITA last month, and I had decided to move out of QC at the end of this month. In recent one month, I had tried assigning my apartment (not done yet), submmited my resignation letter to HR ( done, but HR said I could stay longer ), and also looking for apt in Ontario ( not done). However, as you know Covid-19 is getting more severe aross from Canada, and it's worse in ON.

Friends suggest me not to quit recently, because it might be hard to get a job in such a situation when companies start wfh and may lay off due to bad economy. Another concern is that after leaving QC, I and my partner (we both need to leave) will lose health care and insurance, I am afraid of the worst senario ( getting infected...)

For sure it's better to leave instead of an explanation letter. Can any one give some comments?
1. Should I just leave in order to make EE process smooth and safe?
2. If I stay, how to explaine in letter to convince visa officer?
3. What's your suggestion?

Thanks in advance!
Few questions to check I’ve understood correctly:
I guess your ITA was under CEC/FSW? You previously applied via OINP but did not get your ITA after PNP? You haven’t also applied to QSW and don’t intend to apply?

I don’t understand the urgency to leave QC for ON. It’s going to take 5-6 months to process your application. What are your fears about the negative impact on EE process from staying in QC?

If you need to write a covering letter then suggest you just say exactly what you did above:
- You currently have a secure job and apartment in Quebec. Your health coverage is in Quebec. Your intention is to move to Ontario. Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on domestic policies and employment opportunities, you have delayed your plans to re-locate to Ontario. Depending on what happens with COVID-19, you would still like to re-locate to Ontario whilst you’re PR application is in progress. You will update IRCC with any new address and employment details in future.
- if there’s family in another province you could stay with in future, you could perhaps mention that too.

This seems entirely reasonable. The immigration officers might raise a flag if you haven’t moved outside of QC prior to CoPR. But they have no grounds to reject your application.

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Quick question.
My score is 468 and I updated my score in my account. However I also applied for a eor.
if for instance, the score comes to 468 before my remark result and my remark is positive and improved to 471/474. Will that have an impact?
No you can edit your profile before AOR

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
I was here in March last year and made prediction for long term

For example, I predicted that the score stayed at 465+ in long term back to June 2019 and look at what happen now

Just look at how many % of Likes I got...I am not BS stuff
Congratulations on being right before. Still the fact remains brother that all you want is panic. And you were not entirely right. In March 2019 it was in 450s only and it jumped to 470s and returned back to 457 in august. Now due to this unfortunate pandemic wes and ielts are slowed down but still you are busy with sensational scary stories. Good luck but Please show up on today's draw and new ray of hope. I request.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Congratulations on being right before. Still the fact remains brother that all you want is panic. And you were not entirely right. In March 2019 it was in 450s only and it jumped to 470s and returned back to 457 in august. Now due to this unfortunate pandemic wes and ielts are slowed down but still you are busy with sensational scary stories. Good luck but Please show up on today's draw and new ray of hope. I request.
you guys make face of reality win each time you respond to to his panic post.