+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Hi everyone

quick question, i do not remember which amount i entered for proof of fund. How i can check. ?
And if it was less than the requirement a you will be disqualified immediately right?
If you haven't received an ITA you can change it in the Family section of Personal Details.

Reactions: samirsam

Bobbyj

Mar 3, 2020
I am stuck on 468. Will start learning french, hopefully I should be at intermediate level by December and will attempt the TEF with the view of scoring a CLB7, that puts me on 505.
I think this will be way to go for me as well (i'm at 468). If i max out my IELTS (CLB 10 in every category it would lead me to 474, for now I have CLB 10 only in L and S). I'll still try IELTS, but if the score keeps increasing, there's no way around having to learn french.

ssltml

Nov 3, 2019
Few questions to check I’ve understood correctly:
I guess your ITA was under CEC/FSW? You previously applied via OINP but did not get your ITA after PNP? You haven’t also applied to QSW and don’t intend to apply?

I don’t understand the urgency to leave QC for ON. It’s going to take 5-6 months to process your application. What are your fears about the negative impact on EE process from staying in QC?

If you need to write a covering letter then suggest you just say exactly what you did above:
- You currently have a secure job and apartment in Quebec. Your health coverage is in Quebec. Your intention is to move to Ontario. Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on domestic policies and employment opportunities, you have delayed your plans to re-locate to Ontario. Depending on what happens with COVID-19, you would still like to re-locate to Ontario whilst you’re PR application is in progress. You will update IRCC with any new address and employment details in future.
- if there’s family in another province you could stay with in future, you could perhaps mention that too.

This seems entirely reasonable. The immigration officers might raise a flag if you haven’t moved outside of QC prior to CoPR. But they have no grounds to reject your application.
Thanks for your apply. Your assumption is partialy right: I received Interest of Letter under Ontario human capital stream (on Jan), but I didn't apply because I thought I would be invited in short time (470 and invited on Feb). I also applied QSW last year (received material list ), but I switched to EE....

Your suggestion is very practical, I do think quiting job and leaving is not smart idea.

Reactions: ingoingoingo

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
How long does it take to get ITA email/notification after the draw?
I've read on some other threads on this forum that some people have received theirs within a few hours after the draw. Not sure what time today's draw will be. It's currently only 10.30 am in Ottawa. Waiting patiently for my ITA. :)

ssltml

Nov 3, 2019
I've read on some other threads on this forum that some people have received theirs within a few hours after the draw. Not sure what time today's draw will be. It's currently only 10.30 am in Ottawa. Waiting patiently for my ITA. :)
around 2 hours from my experience

toskay17

Oct 1, 2019
I think this will be way to go for me as well (i'm at 468). If i max out my IELTS (CLB 10 in every category it would lead me to 474, for now I have CLB 10 only in L and S). I'll still try IELTS, but if the score keeps increasing, there's no way around having to learn french.
Please max out your IELTS, I have already maxed out mine and also claimed sibling points together with 2 or more degrees and I am at a 468. French or bust from here on out.

Reactions: Bobbyj

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Few hours after the day, on the same day itself!