+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I have few doubts, as due to date of submitting all papers are coming close, it would be a big help if someone can guide me through. Following are the doubts:

Is it advisable to do medical check up during such outbreak time?
I heard that embassy call applicant as well as employer and ask to describe job duties in details, is that true?
What is the exact process once applicant submit all the documents like PCC, medical, reference letter, experience letter, etc.
My question is can you collect all these documents before the deadline ? I’m having a really hard time contacting relevant offices as most of them are closed down due to the corona outbreak :(
WHere are you from btw ?

yash.m0723

May 9, 2019
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
My question is can you collect all these documents before the deadline ? I’m having a really hard time contacting relevant offices as most of them are closed down due to the corona outbreak :(
WHere are you from btw ?
I am from India.

Luckily I have only 1 employer from which I need these papers and they are still operating. That's why I am trying to complete all papers by end of this month. My main concern is what will be the impact of this outbreak on our visa process. Will we get some buffer time to land their or extended deadline to submit papers etc?

Also, it would be great if some information regarding how Embassy will going to do check on our current and previous jobs.

Looking for some informative input on this. :)

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
The score may go down to 420 levels in coming months as IELTS has closed all the center, WES closed so no new people can come in the pool and it may make the score down to 460 then 450 .... 420 levels...
Waiting for a 415 miracle by June. Lol

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
There may not be any draw tomorrow because of the covid-19 epidemic and if that happens score will rise. Hmm 2020 is such a weird year.
All evidence to the contrary suggests IRCC is business as usual until otherwise stated. As of right now, IRCC hasn't even indicated there would be delays in processing PR applications. COVID-19 is more likely to affect people who have just received COPR, as they are more likely to be traveling there soon, and IRCC has contingencies in place for those individuals.

Reactions: dayocanny

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Ontario just declared state of emergency. It's not business as usual for anyone. This virus is dramatically affecting the economy and there's no way it won't affect immigration intake and/or processing times to some extent. Obviously when this will be over things will get back to normal, but for those who already live in Canada and were planning on becoming PR in the near feature, this virus is really bad news. I can't stand being on work permit here anymore.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Ontario just declared state of emergency. It's not business as usual for anyone. This virus is dramatically affecting the economy and there's no way it won't affect immigration intake and/or processing times to some extent. Obviously when this will be over things will get back to normal, but for those who already live in Canada and were planning on becoming PR in the near feature, this virus is really bad news. I can't stand being on work permit here anymore.
Ok, then... everyone keep jumping to conclusions. I've literally being saying the same thing over and over again. Wait until we have more information. IRCC has literally outlined its targets and their response to this only a week ago. Until they update us with more info it's business as usual. IRCC isn't just located in Ontario, and there are VACs located across the world. Slowing down EE draws doesn't address the situation right now. Those applicants will be processed after this situation has been curtailed

But, sure, hearsay and assumptions work too. Whip up panic. There hasn't been enough of that throughout the pandemic. #toiletrolls

Reactions: babygigix

OMK2810

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
What are the chances for someone with type 2 diabetes to clear Medicals for PR ? How the medical test process will go ? Will he /she gets PR ?

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
What are the chances for someone with type 2 diabetes to clear Medicals for PR ? How the medical test process will go ? Will he /she gets PR ?
Just make sure the person has been on medication and will continue; they will be fine
Not a big deal

ash_diaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I am from India.

Luckily I have only 1 employer from which I need these papers and they are still operating. That's why I am trying to complete all papers by end of this month. My main concern is what will be the impact of this outbreak on our visa process. Will we get some buffer time to land their or extended deadline to submit papers etc?

Also, it would be great if some information regarding how Embassy will going to do check on our current and previous jobs.

Looking for some informative input on this. :)
I am hoping that if we explain to them that it's really difficult to collect all the documents on time (because offices are closed and etc) due to the corona outbreak, they will extend the submission deadline. because it's not just a problem specific to India or Sri Lanka right ? it's a global issue and they are aware of it.

regarding your query about the embassy calling employers, I think that sometimes VOs from IRCC who are processing your application may call your employer and verify that you actually work there although I don't think this happens to everyone. They may call if they have any suspicions or if you failed to provide enough supporting documentation. That's my understanding about it based on what some senior members have said on this forum. Don't worry just get the reference letter in the format that they want and you'll be good to go :)

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Due to COVID-19 (a global pandemic), there're chances that CIC may skip tomorrow's draw. But if in case, draw happens (let's be hopeful), below is my prediction for tomorrow:

PREDICTION FOR MAR 18 DRAW:

ITA’s: 3,900
CRS: 469-471

Reactions: Issygn