+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

Ujaved21

Nov 22, 2019
Lets see how postponed IELTS test affect numbers. I had one scheduled on sat but has been postponed until further notice.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
The real intense competition is from India and Indians. H1Bs too are major players.
So this temporary postponing almost has no effect on the CRS.
CRS anyways is not set to come down below 470 it seems
With strenuous efforts, scaled the score to 467 from 426 and I know that the chances are quite bleak now. Contemplating to write IELTS again but , there is no guarantee from the exam.
What a horrible situation that has become.
May be all the sudden 470s together can in some cruise ship can go to Hawaii or Macedonia, rest there at least 2 to 3 months and possibly come to the EE pool.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The real intense competition is from India and Indians. H1Bs too are major players.
With strenuous efforts, scaled the score to 467 from 426 and I know that the chances are quite bleak now. Contemplating to write IELTS again but , there is no guarantee from the exam.
May be all the sudden 470s together can in some cruise ship can go to Hawaii or Macedonia, rest there at least 2 to 3 months and possibly come to the EE pool.
So true, all of the high point people are from India

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I heard over there it's very common for people to do Engineering then MBA straight away. So this already increases their score alot

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I heard over there it's very common for people to do Engineering then MBA straight away. So this already increases their score alot
Most working people that I have seen don't have a master's degree in India because the salary difference is not much and there are a few distance PG courses here which are evaluated as 1-year Canadian equivalent and a ton of people are doing it while working. So, someone under 29, two certificates, 3 years of foreign work experience and CLB10 in IELTS except in writing = 471 CRS. I have done the same but I lost points because I just turned 30 and I have CLB10 in IELTS so my score came down from 474 to 469 which really sucks.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Oh ok
I don’t think these will affect except if countries like Canada,USA,India, Nigeria and the Phillipeans are included. Lolz
Just kidding anyways. the Top 5 countries applying for PR in Canada are the real competitors to beat not Saudi and its likes
Chinese immigrants to Canada are one of the highest as far as I know. Applicants based there will be impacted by the IELTS test suspension.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Chinese immigrants to Canada are one of the highest as far as I know. Applicants based there will be impacted by the IELTS test suspension.
Most Chinese applicants do not actually reside in China when they apply. They are either already in Canada or US.
If you look at Invitation issued to candidates by country of residence in Express Entry Year Book, the number for China is less than 1000

Reactions: Issygn

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Most working people that I have seen don't have a master's degree in India because the salary difference is not much and there are a few distance PG courses here which are evaluated as 1-year Canadian equivalent and a ton of people are doing it while working. So, someone under 29, two certificates, 3 years of foreign work experience and CLB10 in IELTS except in writing = 471 CRS. I have done the same but I lost points because I just turned 30 and I have CLB10 in IELTS so my score came down from 474 to 469 which really sucks.
Hey Buddy,
I have a question. I believe you have an MBA and got MBA equivalency for that. If yes, from where did you get the MBA degree and did you opt CES to get the ECA done?
I studied MBA from Anna Univ (2 Years Distance Education) and my certificate reads MBA - Technology Management. I have sent mine to CES with a hope that they will give Masters Equivalency.
Do you think I will get the Masters Equivalency from CES if you have idea on this

karmanaut

Mar 11, 2020
I will have a score of 480 come August (3yr work ex). WES and IELTS done. Do people think 480 is safe for latter part of the year?