+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's tough, people are getting discouraged. It's hard for them because basically, there are so many candidates coming into the pool with high scores, that get cleared and then get replaced by other candidates with high scores.

And basically the people below them, maybe just by a few points, are still stuck in the pool despite being there for longer.

It's hard, i understand why people when seeing the cut-off score this high, seem to be demotivated especially if they're missing the mark by 10 points or more.

I'm hoping with a new president in the U.S, the H1Bers will have their restrictions eased, and it will go back to how it was before, and that will leave the people who want to stay in the states with a relatively straightforward path to remaining there, and the people who genuinely want to come to Canada as their first choice will be the ones mainly in the pool.

Last edited:

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hey everyone! When I get ITA, do I need to submit document PLUS Fingerprints? Or I first send documents and then they request Fingerprints?

The reason why I am curious is that I might get ITA earlier (March 18) and my full year of experience will be counted on May 7th, so I would like to sit with that invite and submit documents on May 8th.

So just wanted to know if I will be safe doing this.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I remember ray of hopes threads used to be 140-150 pages sometimes more than that, People used to answer so quickly, Draws after draws, threads are becoming shorter and people becoming desperate. Not pointing anybody just stating the fact. It will go more and more ugly. I hope at least people above 460 make it through in 2020
More of an inland thing now. The outlanders are struggling badly with the process now and many are giving up already as a result of this exasperation

sidpat1

Feb 21, 2020
Hi, I have one doubt in mind.
My individual score is 459 but when I mention wife is accompanying it drops to 455.
So is it possible that I apply individually for PR and when I get ITA then I edit the option and add that wife is accompanying me.
Plz tell is it possible to do so after ITA or will it affect my PR.

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
My individual score is 459 but when I mention wife is accompanying it drops to 455.
So is it possible that I apply individually for PR and when I get ITA then I edit the option and add that wife is accompanying me.
It is possible to edit that information after ITA. However, when you edit after ITA (add your wife), CRS will be recalculated (455) anyway. You can still submit the PR application but will rejected. So there is no point in doing that.
For the sake of a higher CRS, the only option left is mention that you are married but your spouse is not accompanying (with a good reason stated in LOE). After you land in Canada as PR, sponsor your spouse to come with you (this process can take 12 months).

sidpat1

Feb 21, 2020
It is possible to edit that information after ITA. However, when you edit after ITA (add your wife), CRS will be recalculated (455) anyway. You can still submit the PR application but will rejected. So there is no point in doing that.
For the sake of a higher CRS, the only option left is mention that you are married but your spouse is not accompanying (with a good reason stated in LOE). After you land in Canada as PR, sponsor your spouse to come with you (this process can take 12 months).
Ok thanks a lot.
But what valid reason I can give for wife not accompanying me.
And once I sponser my wife will she get PR or spouse visa ?

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
459 is much lower than the current cut off. You can keep your spouse as accompanying and try for PNPs.

Reactions: sidpat1

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
More of an inland thing now. The outlanders are struggling badly with the process now and many are giving up already as a result of this exasperation
Not all inland bro, Most of the inlands are also struggling including me, only those with master degree or experience back home are at peace. People with bachelors or married or 12th graders are often crying

VaniRohit

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Is there anyone who got ielts score increased in revaluation from IDP Ielts
If yes..then after submitting your old TRF to the IDP head office
.in how many days you got your new TRF with increased score couriered at your place by idp???or is there any way after submitting your old TRF they tell you increase score and new TRF number

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Not all inland bro, Most of the inlands are also struggling including me, only those with master degree or experience back home are at peace. People with bachelors or married or 12th graders are often crying
It is well. Keep pushing and at the end, it might worth it

sidpat1

Feb 21, 2020
Is there anyone who got ielts score increased in revaluation from IDP Ielts
If yes..then after submitting your old TRF to the IDP head office
.in how many days you got your new TRF with increased score couriered at your place by idp???or is there any way after submitting your old TRF they tell you increase score and new TRF number
Hi. My IELTS score was increased by .5 in writing by IDP and British council both. It took around 1 month for BC and 15 days for IDP. Your TRf no. will be same only.