+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 139th Draw

Malet

Mar 4, 2020
oinp..1013.. no ITA.

anyone know what app people talking about in above posts? Regarding the pnp draw updates that supposedly happened today
Can people who have OINP let us know how their experience is in getting this OINP/ PNP? Thanks

rscape

Mar 2, 2020
I live in Northern Ontario and the situation is getting worse every day. Most people do not show up for work due to fears of contracting coronavirus. The entire economy is coming to a screeching stop due to this pandemic. Due to current circumstances, Express Entry is currently at the bottom of the priority list for the federal government. Again, I am not trying to cause panic here, but being realistic here. No one can know for sure how it is going to be moving forward. We will have to wait and see until the situation gets better. Hopefully, they can get it under control within a month. I would not worry too much about the score going up as more IELTS test centers close every day and ECAs are being delayed as well, so the scores will be stable when they resume after this brief hiatus (if there is going to be one). Until then, y'all wash your hands and stay safe out there!

IELTS Calgary (the largest centre offering CD) is down.. with some luck, I had mine done last week...

danda

Mar 5, 2018
Canada isn't rainbows and flying unicorns at the moment, current students and work permit holders should leave Canada and never come back go back to your families/friends if your countries of origin are safe, Express Entry is doomed from now onwards, unless you have an inland ITA's then you are lucky (somewhat) for those whose work permits are expiring just go back because when this thing is over we will all take the heat by becoming disposable toilet papers cleaning up everyone's mess and then have a removal order in place because the government isn't going to compensate us with anything. Unless the government starts screening every traveller we will have 2000+ cases and no hope.

Reactions: ersandee

MatAb

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Canada isn't rainbows and flying unicorns at the moment, current students and work permit holders should leave Canada and never come back go back to your families/friends if your countries of origin are safe, Express Entry is doomed from now onwards, unless you have an inland ITA's then you are lucky (somewhat) for those whose work permits are expiring just go back because when this thing is over we will all take the heat by becoming disposable toilet papers cleaning up everyone's mess and then have a removal order in place because the government isn't going to compensate us with anything. Unless the government starts screening every traveller we will have 2000+ cases and no hope.
Well that's extreme.. and certainly helps no one right now.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
No one comes to work for minimum wage, they HAVE to as all companies ask for Canadian experience, I've met Indian doctors, engineers and CAs doing that. Of course, things get better with time /experience /network

Exactly, the economy was down anyway with companies shutting down and no jobs even for university graduates , now after COVID19 and recession God only knows how ppl r gonna survive with rental costs 2k+
Anecdotal. I've met both sets of people. If you did not know about this before arriving here, not my problem. Or anyone else's. It's all about adaptability.
Won't deny though that it ain't easy.

Reactions: Canex17

pedromeucci

Oct 18, 2019
Hi everyone,
Please I need your guide;

I received ITA today March 4th score of 471, meanwhile my 1 year Canadian work experience will be April 21st.

Do I accept or deny the invitation to wait till I am exactly 1 year (April 21st)?
I will appreciate your response. Thank you
You will be denied if you do so. The 1 year of experience is counted at the time of the ITA and not at the time you send your application. If you received your ITA on March 4th, you should have 1 year of experience or more by March 4th. Your ITA has a number and this number has a date of issue...I would deny this and remain in the pool for the next round after April 21st.