Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
That exceeds all the reasonable worst case scenarios being used by epidemiologists in modelling. The case fatality rate has been nowhere near 50% in any region. This isn’t like Thanos in Marvel universe! But take it seriously, follow general precautions (hand washing, respiratory etiquette and cleaning) and any further measures as advised by local public health agency.

It may affect people flying in to Canada. But visas and expiry dates will very likely be automatically extended during peak of COVID (as other countries have done). It makes zero sense to suspend EE. It’s a computerized system!
Agreed. Thanos's snap would have been immediate, and yes, IRCC have already said something like what you quote here, about visa extensions and other things.

On a different note, have you guys played a game called plague.inc?
Eerily similar to what we see on the pandemic world map.

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hey Buddy,
I have a question. I believe you have an MBA and got MBA equivalency for that. If yes, from where did you get the MBA degree and did you opt CES to get the ECA done?
I studied MBA from Anna Univ (2 Years Distance Education) and my certificate reads MBA - Technology Management. I have sent mine to CES with a hope that they will give Masters Equivalency.
Do you think I will get the Masters

Equivalency from CES if you have idea on this
I have also sent for ces,can you share your no.

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
On the topic of the pandemic, WES has issued a notice that the evaluations might take longer.

I am not sure if the draws would be affected in the future.

Immibug

Mar 15, 2020
Cancellation of ielts at some places plus delay from wes should bring cutoff down a lil atleast for 1 or 2 draws. What say?

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
As a matter of fact, from the top 10 biggest providers of immigrants, 5 have IELTS restrictions in place.

TOTAL restrictions:
China
Saudi Arabia

PARCIAL restrictions:
USA (6 locations)
UK (1 location)
United Arab Emirates (2 locations, but probably the biggest ones)

I do think all of these will result in less than a 3% impact in the overall pool, based on the distribution of percentages of each of these countries. To be quite honest, the only way for us to see a major impact would be if both USA and India stopped applying IELTS tests across the entire country.

Reactions: Arry2019

Akrial

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Let's not base our hope on the spread of Covid-19. We should pray that the world comes out of this trauma as soon as possible.
This virus will bring a severe economic recession and would affect negatively even if we are able to land a PR.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Let's not base our hope on the spread of Covid-19. We should pray that the world comes out of this trauma as soon as possible.
This virus will bring a severe economic recession and would affect negatively even if we are able to land a PR.
Very well said sir.

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Reactions: chirkut

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Based on IELTS restrictions, it doesn't seem to be the case, since the only major country that had IELTS sessions cancelled was China, and they count for only about 2% of the outland applicants, so... almost irrelevant. As a matter of fact, I think it can actually INCREASE the score.
If I haven't done IELTS yet, I would probably jump ahead and schedule my text ASAP, in the fear of this pandemia getting worst and worst.

My biggest fear is, if indeed IELTS starts to get cancelled in major EE countries, such as Philippines, India, USA and Canada, then... maybe IRCC will consider stopping issuing ITAs as a way to be fair with the new candidates trying to enter the pool.
This won’t happen unless IRCC shuts down . IRCC is not there to favour any country , regardless of whatever happens der . If ielts gets cancelled in INDIA, then there I’ll be a huge drop in CRS.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Is it possible that they make CEC applicant eligible only for the round or they cancel or delay the draw for this week. Just asking !! dont be upset

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
-PPR UPDATE-

Hold your breath guys; the most awaited PPR is finally here! :)

ITA – July 24, 2019
AOR – July 29, 2019
MEP – August 22, 2019
BIL – August 22, 2019
Ghost Update – March 6, 2020
PPR – March 12, 2020 (3.05 PM IST)
Visa Office – New Delhi

Thank you everyone for your overwhelming blessings and support, always. God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it’s worth the wait.

Like I say always – It’s not over until you WIN. And when you win, it never hurts!:)

God bless you everyone and I wish you good luck for your PPR journey!
Congratulations!!!!

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hi everyone! For those of you wondering where I went for last few months. I started having panic attacks and was experiencing high anxiety due to score going up continously. Due to negative content and discouraging messages in ray of hope threads my psychiatrist advised me to take a break and avoid these threads completely.

Anyways, I took some time to work on my mental health and on my IELTS score. I now have L9 R9 W7 S9. I am waiting for my TRF currently. On April 1st my score will jump from 456 to 470. Hoping for the best. :)

Mar 15, 2020
Is there any chance to skip/stop draw in coming dates due to corona as i heard that toronto is almost shut down? I hope not, i am sitting at 470 and desperately waiting for 18th march. What do you think?