+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
"The argument is a person who comes as a student needs to be given a preference." I agree, and this is already reflected in the system where you can claim additional points for Canada degree. This "preference" comes from the fact that foreign students studying in Canada has the merits of culture integration and network etc. Indeed, the additional score awarded to Canada study (and workers as well in Canadian Experience Class).

What I disagree is that the argument of paying tuition makes the student have the right to immigrate, when the purpose of tuition is for education, not immigration. This sounds too entitled to me.
But isn't that a fact that a person who has spent his time and money establishing himself should get a preference. I don't see anything wrong with that. Yes a person who has a Canadian Degree gets additional points but as I said the battle doesn't end there. They have to prove in a IELTS exam that they can read, write and speak english even though they have received a Canadian Degree and probably working in Canadian environment. And then find a NOC A or B job which might not be that easy.

I understand people coming from different parts of the world may not understand that and I do not blame them but trust me I know many people who have studied and worked here who share the same frustration. The good thing is ultimately most do get PR so that is what should be important.

ArsiSt

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
It looks like they are following the 2018s trend, with only two draws in January and they also waited three weeks from the last Feb 2018 draw (21 feb) to the first March draw (14 march). I was thinking that they did this in 2018 because it coincided that March had 5 wednesdays, but now its starting to look like a pattern :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just a theory! :p

ArsiSt

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
And, it looks like they want to issue 4500 ITAs again but if they did it today the scores would drop under 470, something they do not desire apparently :confused:

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
It looks like they are following the 2018s trend, with only two draws in January and they also waited three weeks from the last Feb 2018 draw (21 feb) to the first March draw (14 march). I was thinking that they did this in 2018 because it coincided that March had 5 wednesdays, but now its starting to look like a pattern :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just a theory! :p
Sincerely, the IRCC is unpredictable. There have been draws in the past which were either Between 8,14,12, 20 and even 21 days . Now we can’t tell the pattern they intend following .

sri8707

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I am at 473 and hoped that there will be a draw today.. since there is likely no draw today, will my score be sufficient for the next draw?
Most likely yes, but noone can confirm though. But 473 is a very good score and you should be through in next 2 draws maximum

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I am at 473 and hoped that there will be a draw today.. since there is likely no draw today, will my score be sufficient for the next draw?
I would say you should be fine, if not for the next then for the coming draws for sure.

callisto

Mar 4, 2020
Can skipping this round be about the deadline for the settlement fund update? Since it was Feb, 25th, maybe they are updating the pool?

ArsiSt

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Sincerely, the IRCC is unpredictable. There have been draws in the past which were either Between 8,14,12, 20 and even 21 days . Now we can’t tell the pattern they intend following .
I know that but this is me just trying to create a pattern or something :rolleyes: though who knows, there is still time for a draw today, if I am not mistaken the first draw of this year happened at very late unusual hour.

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
When we update our details for the EE profile, before the final submission, how can we check/ensure that the total score is what we got basis the CRS calculator?