+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I surely do understand you guys feelings. You have studied in Canada this lovely country for many years and you wanna stay after graduation. I have been there.

However, the argument of paying tuition fee should make the student have the right of immigration does not hold. The tuition fee you paid is for the education, together with other things like opportunity to network and experience new things etc. When you applied for the Study Permit, you cannot say thing like intention to stay after graduation. If you show any intention of staying after graduation, your Permit application will be rejected. The Canada authority issues Study Permit only for study.

The argument of tax is LOL, you are a student, not a working person. How much tax have you paid? Not to mention there is a thing called “tax return”.
The argument is a person who comes as a student needs to be given a preference. Getting a job here takes time so it's not like you graduate and get a job in your field. And then once you do get a job you have to wait for a year before one can apply for PR and even then we have to get a good score in IELTS even after having an education here. And then even after being in a country for more than 5 years you are waiting int he same line as people coming from different parts of the world showing 3 or 4 years of work experience. Trust me it is frustrating.

Reactions: callisto

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
IRCC has been crazily unpredictable lately.
kinda impossible to determine what will happen.
We might even have a draw later today (there’s history to back that). Maybe a draw next week, and then a B2B to follow.
It’s really stressful to build a life plan with these circumstances.

Reactions: mvneema10

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
IRCC has been crazily unpredictable lately.
kinda impossible to determine what will happen.
We might even have a draw later today (there’s history to back that). Maybe a draw next week, and then a B2B to follow.
It’s really stressful to build a life plan with these circumstances.
Immigration is a big deal indeed and the entire PR can be stressful sometimes. We can only hope for the best .

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
This usually happens on a Tuesday. If it’s happening on a Thursday, then possibly there can be a draw on this Friday.
Every time there was a shift from the usual Wednesday draw, IRCC ascribed it to maintenance so that could be the case this time

Saleemasif3088

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
I think we should relax now and discuss future possibilities. Todays draw is becoming unrealistic with every minute. Let us discuss 4500 ITAs next wednesday.

toskay17

Oct 1, 2019
So I guess it's safe to say we now know why the last draw was 4,500. They were gonna skip today's and they used that to make up.

SJ24

May 2, 2019
Sorry man, but only a full academic year counts as a completed certificate or qualification.

Generally, these equivalency organisations all seem to follow the European Bologna Process where a full academic year is at least 1200 hours over at least 8 months.
Thank you for your response. In that case, applying to other credential evaluators like CES/ICES with the hope of being considered as PG diploma also is of no use?

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
The argument is a person who comes as a student needs to be given a preference. Getting a job here takes time so it's not like you graduate and get a job in your field. And then once you do get a job you have to wait for a year before one can apply for PR and even then we have to get a good score in IELTS even after having an education here. And then even after being in a country for more than 5 years you are waiting int he same line as people coming from different parts of the world showing 3 or 4 years of work experience. Trust me it is frustrating.
"The argument is a person who comes as a student needs to be given a preference." I agree, and this is already reflected in the system where you can claim additional points for Canada degree. This "preference" comes from the fact that foreign students studying in Canada has the merits of culture integration and network etc. Indeed, the additional score awarded to Canada study (and workers as well in Canadian Experience Class).

What I disagree is that the argument of paying tuition makes the student have the right to immigrate, when the purpose of tuition is for education, not immigration. This sounds too entitled to me.

Reactions: hypervariate123

SJ24

May 2, 2019
I'm glad they responded positively ! U will surely benefit fron the extra points .
However I must also advice you to consult the official CIC/CRS website to confirm it further as WES only evaluates but IRCC will provide a more accurate answer.
Fingers crossed and best of luck
Thank you, I have written to CIC too, hoping for the best. Thanks again for your time and response.