+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
okay so 90% sure they are skipping a draw.
Hope I am dead wrong, but can someone guess/estimate what the next draw will look like?
Should be in 475ish.

srin881

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi all,

I have a question regarding eligibility.So this May ,my husband will complete his 2 years in Canada.He is on ICT visa and his work permit has been renewed for the next 24 months (expiring on 2022).With the job offer if we apply in May our CRS score will come to 531.But the problem is his wp extension letter doesnot have the line "that the job offer will be valid for 1 year after the PR is issued".Nowadays many people are facing rejection because of this.So after applying if cic doesnot consider the job offer then our score will reduce to 481.So will our application get rejected, even if our score remain above the cutoff over which we had received the ITA?
Or it will be best for us to wait till May and apply without the job offer.Since with all the unpredictability of the crs score cutoff we are not sure what to do.These forums have been really helpful.I follow it on a regular basis and it will be really great if anybody can answer my query.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
in my opinion its not biased enough. some international students pay up to 100K cad for a 4year degree and while PR is not a right but a priviledge , if anyone deserves it , its them . Imagine contributing so much to the economy and an outland applicant gets PR while you have to go home
I surely do understand you guys feelings. You have studied in Canada this lovely country for many years and you wanna stay after graduation. I have been there.

However, the argument of paying tuition fee should make the student have the right of immigration does not hold. The tuition fee you paid is for the education, together with other things like opportunity to network and experience new things etc. When you applied for the Study Permit, you cannot say thing like intention to stay after graduation. If you show any intention of staying after graduation, your Permit application will be rejected. The Canada authority issues Study Permit only for study.

The argument of tax is LOL, you are a student, not a working person. How much tax have you paid? Not to mention there is a thing called “tax return”.

Reactions: toskay17

shroud_ak

Sep 4, 2019
I surely do understand you guys feelings. You have studied in Canada this lovely country for many years and you wanna stay after graduation. I have been there.

However, the argument of paying tuition fee should make the student have the right of immigration does not hold. The tuition fee you paid is for the education, together with other things like opportunity to network and experience new things etc. When you applied for the Study Permit, you cannot say thing like intention to stay after graduation. If you show any intention of staying after graduation, your Permit application will be rejected. The Canada authority issues Study Permit only for study.

The argument of tax is LOL, you are a student, not a working person. How much tax have you paid? Not to mention there is a thing called “tax return”.
It's not about what you deserve. It's all about who will fit in the culture and society better. Who will make more profit for the country that's what CIC is considering.

Reactions: zee90999