+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Who told
IRCC does not owe you anything. Being able to apply for PR is a privilege, not a right. Of course à country should be able, and they do, to chose who they want to welcome as immigrats into their territory. I think the CRS is pretty good at doing this.

You can't seriously be expecting to buy a PR just because you spent X amount of money in education and then because you failed just think they are lying to everyone. Guess what, IRCC does not owe you an explanation whatsoever. If next draw they want to make the cut-off 490, so be it, it's FAIR PLAY.
Who told you that they owe me anything? Or that I expect a PR because I paid money.
what I expect is a transparent system. I expect transparency when it comes to the number of applicants between 450-600, why are they hiding data? What greater benefit do they have for such behavior?
and one last thing, I expect that morons who keep declining ITAs for no reason get blocked for a period of time so others can have their opportunity.
every Ray of hope, I read that some people declined their ITA because they did not finish the years of experience while senior members assure them that waiting and accepting ITA is the best solution. But they still insist on declining, sometimes up to 3 times!
so no, Canada does not owe me anything, but they sure as hell can make it much easier for me to follow their system or opt out for other countries immigration system. Money wise, effort, and time.

ArsiSt

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Hi everyone,
How would you answer this question "Has <Name> applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?"
I have never applied for anything to IRCC, the only thing is that I had another EE entry profile before this one, do you know if it does count?
Many thanks!

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Hi everyone,
How would you answer this question "Has <Name> applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?"
I have never applied for anything to IRCC, the only thing is that I had another EE entry profile before this one, do you know if it does count?
Many thanks!
Have you ever applied for Canadian visa before? If yes, answer yes otherwise no. Express entry profile and recieving ITA doesn't count, so say no even if you declined the ITA

If you do say "Yes", it will ask you for your UCI number, which is only generated once people actually apply.

Reactions: ArsiSt

ArsiSt

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Have you ever applied for Canadian visa before? If yes, answer yes otherwise no. Express entry profile and recieving ITA doesn't count, so say no even if you declined the ITA

If you do say "Yes", it will ask you for your UCI number, which is only generated once people actually apply.
No I havent applied for any Canadian visa. The only thing that got me confused is that at the EE profile details there is something named Unique Client Identifier (UCI): CAN000.... but maybe this is another thing.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
No I havent applied for any Canadian visa. The only thing that got me confused is that at the EE profile details there is something named Unique Client Identifier (UCI): CAN000.... but maybe this is another thing.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Say yes if you previously had an account. The UCI is generated for every account, if you dont remember, I think it is not mandatory to write down. However, you should say yes as far as I know.

Reactions: ArsiSt

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Can someone help me with accurate info?
If iam applying for ee with spouse not accompanying, then can my 2 yr old son accompany me?
Iam thinking of me n my son immigrating first then sponsor my husband later on
Can my child accompany me or not if iam filling the profile individually without spouse accompanying?
Because there is no detail asked about my child in it?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Can someone help me with accurate info?
If iam applying for ee with spouse not accompanying, then can my 2 yr old son accompany me?
Iam thinking of me n my son immigrating first then sponsor my husband later on
Can my child accompany me or not if iam filling the profile individually without spouse accompanying?
Because there is no detail asked about my child in it?
Yes you can travel with your child without your spouse. Just need a no objection notice from the spouse, and a mention in letter of explanation.

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Thankyou for the reply
One more thing what i was thinking is
While my application gets processed, can my spouse apply for a work visa?
And if yes, can he go to canada before us or after we land?

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I never said it's easy to find a skilled job in Canada; I meant NOC 0, A, and B jobs when I said 'skilled jobs.' It is a challenge for everyone including Canadian citizens and permanent residents who have been in Canada longer than recent graduates (international students). In fact, it is the biggest obstacle one has to go through.

I don't talk a lot about my experience here, but if it motivates others, I have no problems writing it here. I got a full-time NOC B job right out of school after jumping through several hoops in school just like other students. Just when I got myself a beautiful place to live, I lost my job; it lasted for six weeks. I went from employed to unemployed in a day; I had to work two part-time (NOC D) jobs to put food on my table for the following three weeks. Eventually, I got a fly-in-fly-out opportunity (NOC B) to work at a remote gold mine, which had an unusual schedule. I did not even know if I would make enough money to pay my bills that month, but I left anyway. After working for a few days there, I received a contract job offer to work for an MSP at the largest mining MNC in my city. This was also a NOC B job; I kept my head down and worked for six months. Just before the end of my contract, I accepted a permanent position at a local company, and this is the first job that was relevant to what I learned in school.

So, I worked six jobs in 7 months to just survive. Before anyone asks me if I had survived out of dumb luck, I have to say that I graduated with multiple academic excellence awards, a perfect GPA, tons of recommendations from my faculty, and part-time work experience complementing my profile.

My point is you need to find your will to push through the obstacles that come in your way to settle down in this wonderful country. You might think that you have done everything within your power to deserve better, but life is unfair. You need to go beyond your limits to be comfortable here. This applies to newly landed permanent residents and other temporary residents in Canada. Getting an ITA is only a small part of the journey. The good thing for former international students is they get to struggle before PR while permanent residents struggle after landing in Canada.

Also, a fun fact, I live in one of the communities participating in RNIP, and I was asked to apply through Express Entry because of my IELTS score (CLB 10), educational background, and skilled work experience. I finish my one year of Canadian work experience come May, and there's no guarantee that I would get an ITA with my projected score. Feels unfair, right? They want to focus on people with experience in NOC C and D as they would not qualify for permanent residence through Express Entry.

There is a good chance that I would not get an ITA due to rising scores. Am I worried about it? Am I frustrated about it? Nope, I will learn French if I have to get an ITA. French might take a while, but it will give me a boost of 43 (with CLB 7), and an extra year of job experience will add another 13 points. So, I suggest people stop panicking and focus on what they can do. This might come across as insensitive, but the system does not care about those who don't make the cut-off, it is what it is. I wish everyone the very best to keep working towards their dream of making Canada their home.
One should not run away from struggles and challenges. I am confident you will get the ITA. All the best.

Reactions: indianstudent96

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
One should not run away from struggles and challenges. I am confident you will get the ITA. All the best.
Thanks, I hope everything goes well in your PR process.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
All my hope is the cancellation of IELTS tests globally for few months due to coronavirus. It is cancelled already in some countries. It may push the CRS score down a bit. I faced an injustice by WES, my ECA report for upgrading with a UK degree was delayed for 4 months. I was 464, could have easily got ItA in summer 2019 but got my report in October and lost 5 points in November. I am now at 459 and blaming WES every morning.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
All my hope is the cancellation of IELTS tests globally for few months due to coronavirus. It is cancelled already in some countries. It may push the CRS score down a bit. I faced an injustice by WES, my ECA report for upgrading with a UK degree was delayed for 4 months. I was 464, could have easily got ItA in summer 2019 but got my report in October and lost 5 points in November. I am now at 459 and blaming WES every morning.
Same boat . Was 467 but WES took 6 months to evaluate our degrees.
2019 was easy peasy but not anymore . Have to max IELTS to reach 470s