+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Well, we're just a few hours away from the draw, so let's hope for 4,500 ITAs again, and good luck to all of us!

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
My score is 467 and I could get 3 more points if I achieve max points in ielts. Wondering if I should write it again given the high crs scores in the draws recently...Any thoughts?
I really think getting the max for IELTS has little to do with one's English anymore. Apart from getting the CRS points, you have nothing else to gain. Why not learn French? This is certainly a plus for your career.

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I had the same challenge with my wife, she didn't trust herself to take the IELTS... I had to sign her up for it, she sat it thinking about getting 5s and even 4.5. Oh surprise, she got 6.5 overall, boom, 12 points added to our profile.
Just sign him up for the exam and encourage him by explaining the structure of it, the rest will follow...
Yes iam trying hard.. Even i hope he should also get a surprise score as your wife.. Iam trying my level best to make him sign up but lets see

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
By the way at what time the draw is expected?Though my score is miles away from crs cut off still iam eagerly waiting for todays draw..

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hey don’t give up hope.Not happening why?which modules are you facing a problem?if it writing -did you get your written essays corrected by an Ielts examiner ?if it’s reading -did you continue to do exercises .Ielts is tough ,I strongly believe they more towards how well you understand what strategy they need you to follow versus how good your English is ..(ofcourse your level of English matters).I am telling you by experience ..seek professional help and see the difference.
Hey
You are definitely giving me motivation to write ielts again.
By saying not happening, I meant to say that I’m trying everything possible to improve my ielts but it is not working. I have problems reading ...

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Can anyone suggest or advice any source or medium by following which i could acheive 8.5 in L, 7.5 in W, 7.5 in speaking?
I have current 8877 score..
I need to acheive clb 10 to increase crs so kindly i request the experts over here to suggest any tips

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Can anyone suggest or advice any source or medium by following which i could acheive 8.5 in L, 7.5 in W, 7.5 in speaking?
I have current 8877 score..
I need to acheive clb 10 to increase crs so kindly i request the experts over here to suggest any tips
You got 8877 is already a good score, My friend had 8777 and he started evaluating his writing and speaking with professionals and got 8.5 7 7.5 and 7.5 You will know where you're making mistake after proper evaluation.

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
You got 8877 is already a good score, My friend had 8777 and he started evaluating his writing and speaking with professionals and got 8.5 7 7.5 and 7.5 You will know where you're making mistake after proper evaluation.
Before i got 8876.5 n i went to professionals but effort turned out futile..
Somehow by watching few youtubers i got 7 in writing or by gods grace i dont know the exact reason as such
But now these scores arent enough though hence i need clb 10

Reactions: Maik

Mehsaz

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
One more important query that i have is
For applying to pnps like ontario, saskatchewan, british columbia n alberta.. Do i have to apply on their specific website or those pnps wiill pick my profile from express entry?

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Before i got 8876.5 n i went to professionals but effort turned out futile..
Somehow by watching few youtubers i got 7 in writing or by gods grace i dont know the exact reason as such
But now these scores arent enough though hence i need clb 10
I wouldn't focus that much on getting plus 0.5 in speaking, it's 3 points in exchange for stress, money and time. You should really sign up your husband for the next IELTS date and just walk him through the process of sitting the exam:

Top tips
- Speaking: introduce yourself, plan the 2nd part and speak freely, follow a thought process... etc
- Writing: you know all about it
- Reading: explore interesting novels and exciting books, forget about news and articles, they'll just increase anxiety
- Listening: "tune in" app, your best friend to listen to English-speaking radio

Stay away from YouTube "IELTS score a 9.0" videos, they'll also undermine your confidence and self-motivation!! As I've told my wife, this is the exam structure, follow it to your best effort and we'll be successful!!

Last edited:

Nuzhat Ali

Nov 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-03-2020
The CIC website usually remains unavailable between 1 am to 6 am EST on tuesdays for maintenance. Which was the case yesterday as well. But now IRCC has put up a website maintenance notice on their twitter account for tomorrow 1 am to 6 am as well. I hope this has nothing to do with today’s draw and everything is carried out like it’s supposed to today.

Reactions: jrossi