+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 138th Draw

SJ24

May 2, 2019
I would assume so, but I can't say for certain. I am just basing this on my own experience having completed 2 ECAs. I did a lot of research prior to the results being sent to me.

It seems to come down to credit hours that are equivalent to at least 1200 hours over an academic year (8 months / 2 semesters). As the Canadian institutions seem to work within the Bologna process if you can figure out how many credits your qualification is equivalent to on the European Framework it will give you a good sense of things. This framework was established to provide equivalency between all the different European countries and has been adopted by many countries and organisations outside of the EU, such as ENIC-NARIC. 60 ECTS credits are the equivalent of 1 academic year, and 1 ECTS can be between 20-30 hours depending on the country.

If your qualification comes from a recognised institution it basically means there is an equivalency framework in place.
Thank you for your reply.

yash.m0723

May 9, 2019
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Hello,

I raised few doubts in another thread, but somehow didn't get a proper clarity. Requesting all if anyone can help me to clear doubts I have. I have received ITA on 19th Feb draw

Does embassy authorities visit previous and current residence address and companies applicant worked with?
I heard that embassy call applicant as well as employer and ask to describe job duties in details, is that true?
What is the exact process once applicant submit all the documents like PCC, medical, reference letter, experience letter, etc.
Lastly do we get any extra time to submit papers as collecting documents apart from employers is getting difficult due to outbreak of virus.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Hello,

I raised few doubts in another thread, but somehow didn't get a proper clarity. Requesting all if anyone can help me to clear doubts I have. I have received ITA on 19th Feb draw

Does embassy authorities visit previous and current residence address and companies applicant worked with?
I heard that embassy call applicant as well as employer and ask to describe job duties in details, is that true?
What is the exact process once applicant submit all the documents like PCC, medical, reference letter, experience letter, etc.
Lastly do we get any extra time to submit papers as collecting documents apart from employers is getting difficult due to outbreak of virus.
All of the above / any of the above can happen to determine authenticity.
I received ITA in the 19th Feb draw as well - just today my deadline to continue application has shot up from 31 days remaining to 61 days remaining, which means that IRCC has added an additional 30 days considering the current Coronavirus crisis. The same will be applicable to you and everyone else.

Ali08

Apr 8, 2020
Hi I had a small query. Anyone who got an invitation in this round can you confirm me one thing? Is your account showing 30 extra days for application? Mine is showing that I still have 41 days to apply.

Ali08

Apr 8, 2020
I received ITA in the 19th Feb draw as well - just today my deadline to continue application has shot up from 31 days remaining to 61 days remaining, which means that IRCC has added an additional 30 days considering the current Coronavirus crisis. The same will be applicable to you and everyone else.
I enquired about the sudden increase of deadline to ircc and this is the reply they gave me.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Your Express Entry invitation to apply is valid for 60 days only. You should start filling out the online form right away so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.

If you do not apply within 60 days and you have not declined the invitation, your invitation will expire and you will need to create a new EE profile and be accepted again in the pool to be considered in future rounds.

Lastly, it is important to provide each document in order for your eligibility to be assessed. However, if you are unable to provide a document from the list, we invite you to upload a detailed letter explaining why you are not providing the document.

You can upload this letter instead of the requested document in order to be able to continue your online application.