AOR Received.
June 1, 2019
Med's Done....
July 10, 2109
Passport Req..
December 6, 2019
LANDED..........
January 17, 2020
No one is jealous of you or any on else. Logically and morally you should not claim points if you have not completed number of years. For example Would you claim you are 30 years old when you are 29 years and 9 months?

Now if you decline the ITA, you have taken someone else's place when you dont meet the criteria.

On a personal note I wish you and everyone the best if your score if within cutoff provided one does not misrepresent
Read my message again. Nobody claims and nobody even able to claim points! Did you even create your profile? You only state that, for example, you started to work today. There is no end date for your current position, you know. And the system will give you points for one year in January 2021. 42 dyas before. Not even in February. Should I blame you then?

Last edited:

shrunarula

Jul 30, 2019
Why not retake IELTS rather than wait for the scores to come down.

Remember we have 471,470 before 469, I will advise you retake if you have not maxed out.
I am stuck at 468 and IELTS is not an option since I already struggled to get 7 in writing. Do you think waiting right now is a good idea?
Is there anything else I should do?
NOC 1111

XSY_ghostlike

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
I am stuck at 468 and IELTS is not an option since I already struggled to get 7 in writing. Do you think waiting right now is a good idea?
Is there anything else I should do?
NOC 1111
Retake a test wont make your previous results invalid. Why not give it a try and max it out? I took 6 CELPIP tests in 6 continuous weeks to get the ITA.

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Any chance for 465 before May? Lost 5 points last Sunday.
Next TEF is on April and results will take a month, so will be stuck at 465 until May or June.
Maxed out everything else, NOC 1123.

Last edited:

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
No one is jealous of you or any on else. Logically and morally you should not claim points if you have not completed number of years. For example Would you claim you are 30 years old when you are 29 years and 9 months?

Now if you decline the ITA, you have taken someone else's place when you dont meet the criteria.

On a personal note I wish you and everyone the best if your score if within cutoff provided one does not misrepresent
The thing is their profiles have been on the system for a while like mine since last June and the score went up to 470+ after this Feb. They have nothing to do with “taking someone else’ spot”. How could they withdraw the profile after months of waiting and create a new one then face with another problem named “tie breaking rule”?

Reactions: Fantastica

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi! I'm in a similar situation. I have 45 days left to 3 year work experience. But the system gave me 25 points for 3 year experience and I got ITA.
Should I also decline it?
Don't decline it. Simply wait for 46 days before submitting your eAPR and you'll be fine. 100% sure of this.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hi All. I need some help. I Got an ITA but i checked my work history section and I had put my work experience as Associate manager from Apr-2015 until now. However, the issue is that i was an associate manager From April 2015 until Nov 2018 and then a Manager from Dec 2018 until now.

The overall Canadian work ex or global work experience years etc doesn't change but the only discrepancy will be that the latest designation on m,y profile shows as Associate manager whereas my company letterhead will call it as manager and it can invite trouble. Can I change this information when I continue with the application (i am still allowed to edit it). Please advise.

AJ0239

Nov 12, 2019
Hi All,

I am applying under NOC 2173. Could someone please confirm if the below roles and responsibilities looks good?

This is to certify that Mr. XYZ was employed with XYZ companies in location.

Details of his employment are given below:

• Designation:
• Date of Joining:

• Termination Date:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment:
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Annual Salary (USD):

Duties and responsibilities handled by Mr. XYZ are as follows:

• Met with the consumers in order to understand their requirements for the required web and mobile based applications.
  • Documenting the technical, logical and physical specifications for the APIs and microservices required in web and mobile based applications.
  • Designed and developed the REST APIs using APIGEE tool.
  • Performed testing for the APIs and microservices using Rational Integration Tester tool.
  • Designed and Developed architecture and infrastructure to support our build system which will support the continuous integration and deployment process using Atlassian Bitbucket, Bamboo tools.
  • Standardized the CI/CD setup for the APIs, microservices for automated deployment.
  • Codes and maintains components of information systems and develops shell scripts to end to end DevOps setup.
Worked as a team lead and coordinated, end to end process of designing, development, integration and implementation of the APIs and microservices for the web and mobiles based applications

Galsam

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Hi All. I need some help. I Got an ITA but i checked my work history section and I had put my work experience as Associate manager from Apr-2015 until now. However, the issue is that i was an associate manager From April 2015 until Nov 2018 and then a Manager from Dec 2018 until now.

The overall Canadian work ex or global work experience years etc doesn't change but the only discrepancy will be that the latest designation on m,y profile shows as Associate manager whereas my company letterhead will call it as manager and it can invite trouble. Can I change this information when I continue with the application (i am still allowed to edit it). Please advise.
You can make the amendment when completing your application post-ITA and raise a letter of explanation stating the above.

Reactions: zee90999

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
People are not 'claiming' these points. The system is automatically awarding it to them since the system uses number of months. Do you know of any way to not 'claim' these points?
Yeah ... there’s a way ... round off the number of years of work experience to complete one year experience. e.g.: if you have 2 years and 10 months of experience you update only 2 years as IRCc wants you to have completed year experience for you to be able to be eligible to claim points. If you get an ITA you can explain this in your LOE, and if you don’t get an ITA, you still have the opportunity to update your profile and claim points for the 2nd year or 3rd year of work experience once you have completed that many years of working in that NOC.

It’s a better thing to do than burning ITAs and taking away someone else’s opportunity.

Hope that helps.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Yeah ... there’s a way ... round off the number of years of work experience to complete one year experience. e.g.: if you have 2 years and 10 months of experience you update only 2 years as IRCc wants you to have completed year experience for you to be able to be eligible to claim points. If you get an ITA you can explain this in your LOE, and if you don’t get an ITA, you still have the opportunity to update your profile and claim points for the 2nd year or 3rd year of work experience once you have completed that many years of working in that NOC.

It’s a better thing to do than burning ITAs and taking away someone else’s opportunity.

Hope that helps.
I don't think that is possible. You need to put the start and end date of the employment. So when the person inputs the start date, the system will automatically calculate the points as per the months and not as per actual dates. This is something that IRCC has to fix.

dreamer7775

Feb 13, 2020
Guys,any idea on when FST draw will be conducted this year (april or may )? I just realized april this year has 5 wed, VS may (5 wed -generally when fst draw took place in last 5 years) .