+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 136th Draw

Moe.chattha

Dec 4, 2019
You can retake IELTS to get an additional 3 points

You can choose to go for French as well
Thanks a bunch....Which sections do i have to improve to gain those extra 3 points? And how much margin is there in losing points if any other sections deteriorate?

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi I also started from scratch around Oct 2019 and now I'm somewhere at A2.

I listen to RFI radio (pure radio app on iPhone) everyday & I practice on Duolingo everyday as well.
I started with lessons at Alliance Francais and then at Institut francais 3x per week. But I've switched to start private lessons with a tutor now.

Some more resources:
- inner French (YouTube)
- France 24
- comment se prépare au TCF/TEF Canada (Facebook group)
-Prepmyfuture.com is very very helpful. (The website gives mock TEF exams. It costs 39 euros per year to subscribe)
- TEF 250 activities books

Some practice websites below.

https://savoirs.rfi.fr/en
https://french.kwiziq.com/learn/writing
https://apprendre.tv5monde.com/fr/tcf/test-dentrainement-au-tcf?tcf_lot_id=68#tcf_header

Bonne chance!
Thanks @vvik33 .

All the interested people,
Let's not spoil this ROH thread with french fries :D and connect here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/français-de-zéro.676119/

Reactions: zee90999 and vvik33

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
There's a margin of 3 points. Gain or loss.
Hi there,
I just saw your signature. I had a query regarding ICES for Master's up gradation, as my MBA (2 year) was not recognised by WES. I will be applying ECA through ICES again to get additional 7 points. Do you have any idea about the process and how much time it takes.

Thanks for your time.

sachief

Jan 16, 2020
It will stay below 480 for sure.

Actually, 479 is an invisiable cutline cap.
1. It is almost not possible for outland applicants to reach 479 without a job offer.
2. It is almost not possible for inland applicants to reach 479 without bachelors degree/LMIA/PNP.

Thus headcount density beyond 479 is very sparse. There are basically only 2 kinds of people within 479-500: PGWP holder & PHD outlanders.
This is a very good assessment, but even PhD outlanders are not guaranteed an ITA. I am a good case in point: An outland applicant with a PhD, maximum score in IELTS and 10 years of foreign work experience. My wife (a Chartered Accountant) and I are only on 466. Unfortunately I am 35 so age is not on my side. Its really tough to get into the 470s!

Reactions: chouku

leblord

Star Member
May 23, 2019
please update my score , i pass from 455 to 485 and also i am waiting WES to send my wife bachelor report so i'll pass to 493: my only fear for the 136th draw is getting my TRFnumber before wednesday

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Guys need your help,

I used a consultant for making GCKEY profile and now he is not giving me password

Can i make another profile by own aa now i am aware of the process and i dont dont to use it further

leblord

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Guys need your help,

I used a consultant for making GCKEY profile and now he is not giving me password

Can i make another profile by own aa now i am aware of the process and i dont dont to use it further
if you have the email , send a forgotten pasword request, i had the same problem , but i decided to do another profile because i didnt hav the email

Last edited:

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
WES is supposed to send my report today. Do they usually deliver on time or should I expect delay, of how long?

Thanks

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
if you have the email , send a forgotten pasword request, i had the same problem , but i decided to do another profile because i didnt hav the email
I have ID also i had received a mail when profile was generated
Does it mean that my mail id is linked with gckey

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Is it ok to create two profiles for same applicant