+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Français de zéro

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Few resources shared by one of our friend @vvik33 on one of the other thread are here:

Some more resources:
- inner French (YouTube)
- France 24
- comment se prépare au TCF/TEF Canada (Facebook group)
-Prepmyfuture.com is very very helpful. (The website gives mock TEF exams. It costs 39 euros per year to subscribe)
- TEF 250 activities books

Some practice websites below.

https://savoirs.rfi.fr/en
https://french.kwiziq.com/learn/writing
https://apprendre.tv5monde.com/fr/tcf/test-dentrainement-au-tcf?tcf_lot_id=68#tcf_header

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
this is definitely a good idea, and I think people can add their success stories here to motivate others.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Anyone joined French classes? I feel the tution fees are quite high. Is there any cheaper resource to study? Maybe if we can enough people and out timezones match, we can arrange a private tutor for a batch of 3-4 people for classes on Skype? Just a suggestion.

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
Anyone joined French classes? I feel the tution fees are quite high. Is there any cheaper resource to study? Maybe if we can enough people and out timezones match, we can arrange a private tutor for a batch of 3-4 people for classes on Skype? Just a suggestion.
Sounds good. I am in.

However you also want to consider working hours since most of us are working professionals with various time commitments.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
Is it a must to join french classes to give TEF exam, or can we do this on our own?

kelyjay

Aug 11, 2019
For those of us starting new
1)The first step is to download delf syllabus for a1
2)follow the syllabus extensively
3)Download any french material online that has any topic in the syllabus
4)Check youtube for alicia French a1 videos
5)Download duolingo and start practicing what you have learnt

For listening download duolingo podcast
If you are a beginner..

Download french 1 conversation videos on YouTube to get familiar with some useful phrases

Bonne chance!

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
For those of us starting new
1)The first step is to download delf syllabus for a1
2)follow the syllabus extensively
3)Download any french material online that has any topic in the syllabus
4)Check youtube for alicia French a1 videos
5)Download duolingo and start practicing what you have learnt

For listening download duolingo podcast
If you are a beginner..

Download french 1 conversation videos on YouTube to get familiar with some useful phrases

Bonne chance!
All of this sounds like Greek and French to me :(

Sudhakar92

Jul 20, 2018
Is it a must to join french classes to give TEF exam, or can we do this on our own?
Certainly yes. Saying it based on the blogs I read through and conversations had with some people. It is highly unlikely to get to B1 level in French by preparing ourselves as it requires immense dedication and study plan. As we are total beginners (I guess), we will definitely require a third person to help us out on understanding the linguistic nuances. And yes, the French classes are expensive.

Sudhakar92

Jul 20, 2018
Certainly yes. Saying it based on the blogs I read through and conversations had with some people. It is highly unlikely to get to B1 level in French by preparing ourselves as it requires immense dedication and study plan. As we are total beginners (I guess), we will definitely require a third person to help us out on understanding the linguistic nuances. And yes, the French classes are expensive.
I had an opportunity to interact with one of the French tutors via LinkedIn. The cost on online class is 1500 INR per hour.

I assume most of the people in this conversation are from India.

Reactions: Apoorva_1987

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
How many we get by achieving B1 level?? Is there any points table which shows level wise points??

Moe.chattha

Dec 4, 2019
May be a stupid question..but how far can one get with duolingo?
Also plz recommend any other authentic good apps on android for learning french.