+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 136th Draw

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Thanks for you reply. I was reading some sources regarding police certificate. See, when I turned 18, I've only been back to China once for a period of 2 months. After I returned to Canada I never left Canada. The source says if after turning 18, if you've stayed in a country other than Canada for 6 months or more. Then you need to provide police certificate. If not, you don't need to provide it. So maybe I don't need it?

Also I think I will need to provide birth certificate? Any other things I need from my home country?

Thanks again for your help.
In your case, I don't think a China police certificate is necessary. Even if a China police certificate is needed, like I just said, it won't be difficult to get one.

No, you don't need to provide birth certificate and if a China police certificate isn't required, I don't think you need anything from China, at least in the first stage of application. Some people say if your application is processed in Hong Kong, you may be asked for Hukou but since you'll apply from inland Canada, I don't think Hukou is necessary either.

Reactions: tang205k

tang205k

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Done....
09-07-2020
In your case, I don't think a China police certificate is necessary. Even if a China police certificate is needed, like I just said, it won't be difficult to get one.

No, you don't need to provide birth certificate and if a China police certificate isn't required, I don't think you need anything from China, at least in the first stage of application. Some people say if your application is processed in Hong Kong, you may be asked for Hukou but since you'll apply from inland Canada, I don't think Hukou is necessary either.
Awesome thank you. Glad I don't need to go back. Also pray for people in China suffering this disease and others who are affected.

sri8707

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Any hopes for 465 or shall I go for pnp ??
I have 467 and choosing PNP. It depends on how long you can wait. As the cutoff for last draw was 471 with tie break being May month, I expect the cutoff for next draw to be 469 at best. With PNP's kicking in, 465 looks a very distant chance to me.

callebe

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Stupid question here:

The last draw of December was 469 that means everybody after that was cleared out.

why was this last one tie break set to may 2019? They were already out by December

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Their
Stupid question here:

The last draw of December was 469 that means everybody after that was cleared out.

why was this last one tie break set to may 2019? They were already out by December
profile might have been created in may, without enough points then, but managed to increase their points since, which doesn’t change the date of profile creation.

Also, the cut of date is only indicating tie-breaker. If two profiles have same points but one has been in the pool longer than the other, that one will win.

yORha_anDrOId

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Stupid question here:

Simple. Some people submitted their profiles on May 2019, but the score was way too low at that time; and then by the time of last draw, they had managed to increase their scores to 471 in some way, probably because they got one more year's work experience, or they maxed out their ielts score, or whatever.

Reactions: callebe