+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Guys I have a question regarding me surname not being on my passport. I have used my full name for both, LAST NAME and FIRST NAME, twice on EE Profile. I hope this is correct?
This should be fine, but best to include a letter of explanation for this explaining why you have entered it this way. Also, if you are from India, you should get a reissue of passport with name split. It is an easy process. Otherwise after moving to Canada also you will face a lot of problems for not having a surname. Even booking international flights will be a pain, each airline has its own rules for no surname people to follow. If you don't follow the format as per the specific airline you will not be allowed to board

Landrover88

Feb 23, 2019
This should be fine, but best to include a letter of explanation for this explaining why you have entered it this way. Also, if you are from India, you should get a reissue of passport with name split. It is an easy process. Otherwise after moving to Canada also you will face a lot of problems for not having a surname. Even booking international flights will be a pain, each airline has its own rules for no surname people to follow. If you don't follow the format as per the specific airline you will not be allowed to board
Thanks but is it easy to change your passport after getting the PR? I mean you might have the correct name on the new passport, but won't the PR have the old format? I wonder how difficult would that be.

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
hi I have 468 and i have been working in canada on WP for around 5 years. since i cannot work more thana 5 years my company applied LMIA to extend and LMIA is approved. however my company is not giving me offer letter as i am working with them for over 12 years (5 in Toronto). Can you advise if in this case i can get the 50 points or i cannot because of no offer letter. i do have the Verification of employment letter though.
HI,
Looking at your query I got little confused, as I was having low CRS score of 442 and I was planning to ask my company to apply for my work permit for Canada and issue me a new job offer letter.
Could you please let me know that my work permit experience in Canada without any new job offer will get me any additional points for working in Canada?If yes,then how many minimum points I can expect for myself to increase in future only on basis of my Canadian work permit experience..
As I am also working from a long time in same company,I too feels like my company will not provide me with any new job offer letter.
TIA

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
HI,
Looking at your query I got little confused, as I was having low CRS score of 442 and I was planning to ask my company to apply for my work permit for Canada and issue me a new job offer letter.
Could you please let me know that my work permit experience in Canada without any new job offer will get me any additional points for working in Canada?If yes,then how many minimum points I can expect for myself to increase in future only on basis of my Canadian work permit experience..
As I am also working from a long time in same company,I too feels like my company will not provide me with any new job offer letter.
TIA
You will have to work in Canada for at least 1-year to claim any points for the employment. 35 for 1 year and add 25 more for another year. Getting just the work permit does not give you any points to add up.

Reactions: Sharot

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
You will have to work in Canada for at least 1-year to claim any points for the employment. 35 for 1 year and add 25 more for another year. Getting just the work permit does not give you any points to add up.
Thanks for clarifying !! It really helps!!

Rangana

Jul 23, 2015
Hi,

anyone using the Canada PR app knows if the predictions made by it have always been accurate in the past? Right now it’s showing 469-474 for the next draw.

thanks

Apoorva_1987

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-2019
IELTS Request
12-Nov-2019
Hi all, my husband's sister will get her PR by April. Can I get the 15 points of sibling PR right away or is there a condition on it?

Please throw some light on sibling PR marks.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks but is it easy to change your passport after getting the PR? I mean you might have the correct name on the new passport, but won't the PR have the old format? I wonder how difficult would that be.
Not sure about the process to get it corrected after getting PR. But once you come to Canada you will start accumulating a whole bunch of documents here immediately upon arrival like SIN number, name with Tax license depyo, health insurance card maybe other documents. Getting it corrected later will mean a lot more work than doing it before moving

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi all, my husband's sister will get her PR by April. Can I get the 15 points of sibling PR right away or is there a condition on it?

You can claim 15 points after they land in Canada. You will have to submit their PR card or stamped CoPR and proof of Canadian address like utility bill

Reactions: jsingh172

jsingh172

Aug 25, 2019
Chandigarh, India

Your husband can claim points 15 as soon as they land in Canada and get their COPR stamped. Then you need to attach 3 proofs:
- proof of PR - stamped COPR will do
- proof of your relation with them - passport copy of both showing same parents' names
- proof of presence in Canada - utility bill/bank statement/phone bill etc. any of those will work

jsingh172

Aug 25, 2019
Chandigarh, India
hi All. for wife's 12th degree (high school degree) I get 2 points. literally on last mile trying to squeeze in maximum. do I need her 12th to be evaluated by WES or just having marksheet/certificate will be enough. Everywhere I read it says only graduation or more needs evaluation.
If you are claiming points for it, then it has to be verified