+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Last edited:

nikhil3072

Aug 21, 2019
I completely agree and it’s misrepresentation if you’ve scored less the second time and still produce the 1st results to claim more points
Even though IELTS is taken a million times it doesn’t matter whether it’s 1st, 2nd or a millionth time result.An Individual has a freedom to choose whatever score he wants to among those million times as long as that IELTS results are valid.Not only Canada throughout the world whether they are applying for permanent residence,Student visa,Family Visa or Investor Visa etc. they can submit any IELTS score. This is absolutely false information.

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-happens-if-second-ielts-score-less-than-first.269148/

I am not making up stories, in addition to the link I’ve also read it from an authentic source, if I find the link I shall share that as well + the question in your express entry form is ‘When did you last attempt IELTS’
Trust us all buddy, your best IELTS needs to be used for providing you with the best CRS score.
The TRF that you mention in the EE profile would need to presented in the documents when you get ITA.

Reactions: zee90999

jskywalker

Oct 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-08-2019
Passport Req..
17-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2019
LANDED..........
22-10-2019
I came to Canada as an international student and graduated in spring 2019. I got a job right out of school and I will become eligible for CEC with a CRS score of 479 in the month of May. Do you guys think it will enough then or should I start looking into other options? I maxed out on IELTS in my first attempt. My score is slightly better than CLB 10. Is improving my French worth it? Took French in university, but haven't touched it since then. Let me know. I still think Canadian institutes take international students seriously, it's just the international students who don't take education seriously based on my experience. Most come here to get PR, but they absolutely have no idea about how to get it.
You'll be fine. Just wait until May comes.

nikhil3072

Aug 21, 2019
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-happens-if-second-ielts-score-less-than-first.269148/

I am not making up stories, in addition to the link I’ve also read it from an authentic source, if I find the link I shall share that as well + the question in your express entry form is ‘When did you last attempt IELTS’
Sorry to know that you were mislead.Any IELTS score card could be chosen irrespective except it has expired.

jskywalker

Oct 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-08-2019
Passport Req..
17-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2019
LANDED..........
22-10-2019

Your "authentic source" is just a random guy's unaccredited post in an online forum. Anyone can say anything on this forum, dude.

If you believe in that post, you might as well self-declare as Canadian Citizen.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This makes sense. Also, how can IRCC deliberately keep scores high when they are not even doing anything special. The draw size has been consistent and the scores have only risen in the last few draws and the people who got their PR's with scores are low as 420, do the government of Canada suddenly think of them as inferior or somehow less valuable than international students? Makes no sense to me.
I think that your opinion is kind of misleading. IRCC does not deliberately keep scores high. It's the number of candidates with high CRS (470+) scores entering the EE pool that sets the cut-off score.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Your "authentic source" is just a random guy's unaccredited post in an online forum. Anyone can say anything on this forum, dude.

If you believe in that post, you might as well self-declare as Canadian Citizen.
Thanks. You don’t need to be rude. You might also want to read what I’ve mentioned. While I may be wrong, I haven’t mentioned anywhere that the link I posted is an authentic source. Anyway - I am not an expert on this and clearly I am only sharing information I have heard or seen - so don’t quote me.

Water under the bridge - ✌

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Saskatchewan invites 308 candidates in latest Express Entry, Occupations In-Demand draw Of which 142 are from the Express Entry pool.

Express Entry candidates who apply for and receive a provincial nomination from the province of Saskatchewan are awarded an additional 600 points toward their CRS.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I think that your opinion is kind of misleading. IRCC does not deliberately keep scores high. It's the number of candidates with high CRS (470+) scores entering the EE pool that sets the cut-off score.
That's what I meant to say. The number of high score candidates in the pool is increasing leading to a high cut off score but this is not IRCC's doing as the other post here was trying to say.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Hello All, is there anyone who has received NOI for Ontario French-Skill program? How long does it take to get one after the news ?
Same waiting here

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
That's what I meant to say. The number of high score candidates in the pool is increasing leading to a high cut off score but this is not IRCC's doing as the other post here was trying to say.
Oh, I misread your original post. You are absolutely correct, it's not like IRCC has done anything different recently.

marinamuricy

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Hi there.

Depends on what Ontario are looking for when they do their draws. My score was 440 and NOC 0114. I have no ties to Ontario and have no job offer. I received a NOI on the 15th August and got my nomination 2 months later. I was one of the lucky ones I suppose.
Well, that is interesting. Maybe I am wrong then.

Hello All, is there anyone who has received NOI for Ontario French-Skill program? How long does it take to get one after the news ?
Theoretically I would be in too but I did not received anything. I am not sure if the french criteria is the only thing they are looking for along with CRS score or if Ontario selects specific individuals who are more interesting for the province. Ex. specific in demand NOCs or any history related to the province. Anyone know how this works?