+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
My masters was distance learning course and WES has assessed this as a 3 year bachelor... I don’t think there’s any issue if you’ve done a distance education bachelors or masters
There's no issue unless one's fine with losing out on additional points that masters degree provides one with. Also, regular masters (or any course) scores more than distance learning courses, so if one's not bothered about losing out on those points too, then there's no issues whatsoever.

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
If my wife retakes Ielts and I can reach 470 too. Fingers crossed
Same here ... I have scope of 4 additional
Don't take chances and therefore don't delay in scoring those extra points. I've missed twice due to lack of 1 point. 468 (when cutoff was 469) & then gave IELTS to maxout to 472 (cutoff was 473).
Though I'm hopeful for the upcoming draw but then 1st of February, I lose 5 points due to increase in age and don't forget, PNP is soon gonna kick-in too.

Last edited:

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Don't take chances and therefore don't delay in scoring those extra 4 points. I've missed twice due to lack of 1 point. 468 (when cutoff was 469) & then gave IELTS to maxout to 472 (cutoff was 473).
Though I'm hopeful for the upcoming draw but then 1st of February, I lose 5 points due to increase in age and don't forget, PNP is soon gonna kick-in too.
any chance the score bring down to 470? is that a pattern from three draws on Jan? thx

prateek2108

Dec 24, 2018
Don't take chances and therefore don't delay in scoring those extra 4 points. I've missed twice due to lack of 1 point. 468 (when cutoff was 469) & then gave IELTS to maxout to 472 (cutoff was 473).
Hi brother, what do you reckon the chances for 465 ? My current IELTS score is 8.5777. should I sit the test again or wait till Jan end ? I'm 26.

prateek2108

Dec 24, 2018
One of my friend has been predicting the cut-offs and since the time ive known his predictions it’s been very accurate... it’s been at least 4 - 5 draws now. According to him Next draw prediction: 468, 469 expected 22 Jan
Hello

Could you pls check with him regarding the chances for 465 ?

Thanks.

Afra88

Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi brother, what do you reckon the chances for 465 ? My current IELTS score is 8.5777. should I sit the test again or wait till Jan end ? I'm 26.
If you can,retake Ielts and aim to max out - you’ll then be sitting comfortably at 474 waiting for ITA

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
If you can,retake Ielts and aim to max out - you’ll then be sitting comfortably at 474 waiting for ITA
IELTS is not an easy exam, I retook it once and my score got lowered. There is no consistency in the difficulty of the exam. I am short 3 points and cannot afford to retake it for now.
I will watch the trend and if it does not go below 460s I will have to sit the exam once again...

XSY_ghostlike

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
with all the afflux of pnp what will be the safe score in 2020
475 should be safe.

When the cutline is too high, PGWP holder gonna have difficulties to get PR, which will cause Canada to be less attractive for international students. The funding of major universities depends heavily on International students. Trust me this is the ONLY motivation government do not want cutline to become too high. Outland applicants are just irrelevant.

Canada Bachelor's, 2 year exp, elb 10,10,9,8 (CRS473)
Canada Bachelor's, 2 year exp, elb 10,10,9,9 (CRS493)

Last edited:

abbieh

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
I am hopeful the scores will drop this January based on past trends.

We might be hitting the 460’s range this month

Let’s be hopeful

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
IELTS is not an easy exam, I retook it once and my score got lowered. There is no consistency in the difficulty of the exam. I am short 3 points and cannot afford to retake it for now.
I will watch the trend and if it does not go below 460s I will have to sit the exam once again...
I completely agree and it’s misrepresentation if you’ve scored less the second time and still produce the 1st results to claim more points

Afra88

Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It’s entirely up to you.

I on the other hand have to think of PNP with my current scores.

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I completely agree and it’s misrepresentation if you’ve scored less the second time and still produce the 1st results to claim more points
It is not mispresentation to produce the higher score of IELTS as long as the exam is valid. Just you cannot combine the scores from two exams.

But as I have said there is absolutely no guarantee to score higher in next sitting of the exam...