+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

leblord

Star Member
May 23, 2019
475 should be safe.

When the cutline is too high, PGWP holder gonna have difficulties to get PR, which will cause Canada to be less attractive for international students. The funding of major universities depends heavily on International students. Trust me this is the ONLY motivation government do not want cutline to become too high. Outland applicants are just irrelevant.

Canada Bachelor's, 2 year exp, elb 10,10,9,8 (CRS473)
Canada Bachelor's, 2 year exp, elb 10,10,9,9 (CRS493)
474 is a big score ,its not easy to have this score i think score will drop to 465-469 with the afflux of pnp

LouiseV36

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
I am not sure it works like this. I am at 460 and also have french CLB7+ and Ontario selected but i dont think PNPs are as transparent as EE. I guess they selected only people that at least have been to Ontario or are already there. They issue around 200 invitations, that is not much.
Hi there.

Depends on what Ontario are looking for when they do their draws. My score was 440 and NOC 0114. I have no ties to Ontario and have no job offer. I received a NOI on the 15th August and got my nomination 2 months later. I was one of the lucky ones I suppose.

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
any chance the score bring down to 470? is that a pattern from three draws on Jan? thx
I think it'll come down to 470 & maybe approx 467.

Hi brother, what do you reckon the chances for 465 ? My current IELTS score is 8.5777. should I sit the test again or wait till Jan end ? I'm 26.
If your b'day is approaching soon then don't delay re-taking IELTS, otherwise wait till Jan end or 1st draw of February as latter part of Feb will start showing impact of PNP

Afra88

Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi there.

Depends on what Ontario are looking for when they do their draws. My score was 440 and NOC 0114. I have no ties to Ontario and have no job offer. I received a NOI on the 15th August and got my nomination 2 months later. I was one of the lucky ones I suppose.
Your french level? CLB7 too? Did you have to change your profile to be in French instead of English? I heard that is one way to stand out too (not sure).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I completely agree and it’s misrepresentation if you’ve scored less the second time and still produce the 1st results to claim more points
This is 100% wrong.

Reactions: jsingh172

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
I completely agree and it’s misrepresentation if you’ve scored less the second time and still produce the 1st results to claim more points
This is incorrect! You can show any result you wish to as long as it is valid! Validity is 2 years from date mentioned on the trf

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Retook IELTS. Went from 459 to 476. Pretty sure it should be enough for a next draw.
Otherwise, I still can try to boost my writing (from 6.5) and get to 499 in total.

Reactions: alexross

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
Retook IELTS. Went from 459 to 476. Pretty sure it should be enough for a next draw.
Otherwise, I still can try to boost my writing (from 6.5) and get to 499 in total.
Can you please share the details of your application?
I mean, what factor let to what score? CRS breakup basically.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Was it easier to achieve the desired score than in Celpip ?
I wrote CELPIP and got 459 score. Then I wrote IELTS(written) and tanked it (456). Retook CELPIP and got simillar result as 1st try. Last try was IELTS (computer based) and I feel like it was easier for me than CELPIP but I, honestly, did not expect of getting this result because I thought that I did very bad in writing(didn't have time to finish and wrote complete gibberish in part 2) and I was not sure about a lot of stuff in reading and Writing.

Can you please share the details of your application?
I mean, what factor let to what score? CRS breakup basically.
That's from CRS calculator website. Click on Spoiler.
I did not update my application yet. Want to get a certificate first. Will update in the evening.

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 110
  • Level of education = 120
  • Study in Canada = 30
  • Official Languages = 125
    • First Official Language = 125
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 53
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 408

Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 0
  • First Official Languages = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors
Education
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 13
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 25
Subtotal = 38

Foreign work experience
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 0
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 0

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 38

Comprehensive Ranking System formula
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 446

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 30

Sibling in Canada = 0

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 30

Grand total = 476

Reactions: TheTAMAS

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
475 should be safe.

When the cutline is too high, PGWP holder gonna have difficulties to get PR, which will cause Canada to be less attractive for international students. The funding of major universities depends heavily on International students. Trust me this is the ONLY motivation government do not want cutline to become too high. Outland applicants are just irrelevant.

Canada Bachelor's, 2 year exp, elb 10,10,9,8 (CRS473)
Canada Bachelor's, 2 year exp, elb 10,10,9,9 (CRS493)
In my opinion, Canadian universities don't take international students seriously at all compared with those in other English-speaking countries so Canada immigration policies won't take the reduction of international students into account. Besides, a score around 470 still won't hurt international students who are capable to settle in Canada. I mean, you just need a Canadian Bachelor's degree, IELTS 8777, plus two years' Canadian work experience (or just one year's experience if you have a Canadian Master's degree) to boost your score to 480+. As for international students who can't even secure a job in Canada after graduation or get IELTS 8777 after years' living and studying in Canada, they simply don't stand a chance in Canada even if they have PR.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
In my opinion, Canadian universities don't take international students seriously at all compared with those in other English-speaking countries so Canada immigration policies won't take the reduction of international students into account. Besides, a score around 470 still won't hurt international students who are capable to settle in Canada. I mean, you just need a Canadian Bachelor's degree, IELTS 8777, plus two years' Canadian work experience (or just one year's experience if you have a Canadian Master's degree) to boost your score to 480+. As for international students who can't even secure a job in Canada after graduation or get IELTS 8777 after years' living and studying in Canada, they simply don't stand a chance in Canada even if they have PR.
This makes sense. Also, how can IRCC deliberately keep scores high when they are not even doing anything special. The draw size has been consistent and the scores have only risen in the last few draws and the people who got their PR's with scores are low as 420, do the government of Canada suddenly think of them as inferior or somehow less valuable than international students? Makes no sense to me.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I came to Canada as an international student and graduated in spring 2019. I got a job right out of school and I will become eligible for CEC with a CRS score of 479 in the month of May. Do you guys think it will enough then or should I start looking into other options? I maxed out on IELTS in my first attempt. My score is slightly better than CLB 10. Is improving my French worth it? Took French in university, but haven't touched it since then. Let me know. I still think Canadian institutes take international students seriously, it's just the international students who don't take education seriously based on my experience. Most come here to get PR, but they absolutely have no idea about how to get it.

Last edited: