+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 135th Draw

XSY_ghostlike

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Am at 466, but haven't received ECA yet.Wes status shows "received new package" after the secondary verification.It would definitely cross Feb by the time ECA is done & wondering where the scores would be hovering by then.
Is it sure that the CRS will shoot after mid Feb?
It will "shoot up" a little bit, and stay stable around 473-474, until the next 4-week-gap draw comes (May or June).

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
The only part is writing, reading and listening is already

l:8.5, R:8.5, S:7.5, W:7

Thanks for the guidance and inputs anyway:)
If money isn't an issue, give this one last and honest try.7 in writing gets increased t0 7.5 in most of the case in re-evaluations.So sit for one more test, try to get CLB 10 in all, I am sure you will get it. But even you won't, you can use previous scores to stay in the pool at 468 and send the new ones for re-evaluation.Again, IF MONEY ISN'T THE ISSUE, fire all the missiles together.

* The fee for an extra IELTS you can earn back in Canada :)

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
If money isn't an issue, give this one last and honest try.7 in writing gets increased t0 7.5 in most of the case in re-evaluations.So sit for one more test, try to get CLB 10 in all, I am sure you will get it. But even you won't, you can use previous scores to stay in the pool at 468 and send the new ones for re-evaluation.Again, IF MONEY ISN'T THE ISSUE, fire all the missiles together.

Sure I will think over it as yes money is a constraint for me. Thank you so much for all the guidance! :)

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019

The re-evaluation queries are sent to native English speakers in UK & Aus.Native English speakers have different understanding of language than the examiners trained in other countries.Also, when your essays are marked with other candidates in your home country since most of you have the same level of language, it is difficult to stand out so you end up at a 7 band but for re-evaluations only specific cases are sent so you stand a good chance to get your bands increased.

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
The re-evaluation queries are sent to native English speakers in UK & Aus.Native English speakers have different understanding of language than the examiners trained in other countries.Also, when your essays are marked with other candidates in your home country since most of you have the same level of language, it is difficult to stand out so you end up at a 7 band but for re-evaluations only specific cases are sent so you stand a good chance to get your bands increased.
I thought everytime a reval is submitted, the paper goes to examiners in the UK, this is new to me that a few selected cases are sent

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
B/W I didnt know that if a person appears for ielts more than twice then he/she may keep the best score in the pool irrespective of when it came, Thanks again!
you can always keep the best scores as long as it is valid.i
I thought everytime a reval is submitted, the paper goes to examiners in the UK, this is new to me that a few selected cases are sent
i meant only few people apply for re-eval so all those cases are sent to UK(For BC) and Aus (For IDP)

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
@Ramsha Bukhari Thanks for the motivation. But i do hope scores don't remain that high on 472-474. Its hard to get a score as good as this. I can hope it will hover around 468-470.

Ramsha Bukhari

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Please push IELTS to the max.
1. The chance of B2B is low. (30%?)
2. Even B2B will not lower the score to 465.

Note:
by Jan 22,
465-469 range have been accumulating in the pool for 110+ days since Oct 2. (safe to say 1000 person per score)
460-473 range have been accumulating in the pool for 30+ days since Dec 19.

Just do some simple calculation, you will see even if we have TWO draws on Jan 22 ON THE SAME DAY, it cannot lower cutline to 465.

So, what a B2B gonna do even if it happens?
Just a correction:
469-472 range have been accumulating in the pool for 30+ days since Dec19.
473 are only accumulating since Dec 27.

**I lost at the tie-breaking rule.The earlier version was giving me a heart attack :D

lucknath

Jul 25, 2019
Brazil
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
09-11-2021
Well done! You are almost certain to get an invite in the next round.
Thanks, I've received my Ielts Test Report on Jan 9th. Just 1 day after the last draw, prior to that I was at 422. I'll be cheering for you all!

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
I’m at a 470. Do you think I should start to learn French to increase my scores? I’ve already maxed out everything else.

Reactions: sam1994

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Kindly add me at 466.

IELTS Scores - 8.5:L; 8.5:R, 8:S and 7:W. I agree to the fact that writing can be strenuous given the amount of steps they follow to mark the paper. I am struggling at this score because my WES assessment shows me as a postgraduate(one-year) diploma holder instead of a Masters (MBA). Hopefully going to have another assessment done by ICES which will consume 4 more months. Although my husband has given the paper twice I wish some miracle happens and we get in with the current scores at the earliest. Fingers crossed !!

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Kindly add me at 466.

IELTS Scores - 8.5:L; 8.5:R, 8:S and 7:W. I agree to the fact that writing can be strenuous given the amount of steps they follow to mark the paper. I am struggling at this score because my WES assessment shows me as a postgraduate(one-year) diploma holder instead of a Masters (MBA). Hopefully going to have another assessment done by ICES which will consume 4 more months. Although my husband has given the paper twice I wish some miracle happens and we get in with the current scores at the earliest. Fingers crossed !!
WES has done a similar thing for my Masters. They’ve evaluated it as a 2 year Bachelor. With the score I’m at (470) I don’t know if I should consider an ECA from ICES/IQAS etc. Any recommendations/ suggestions?

Reactions: sam1994