+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 134th Draw

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi @tony87. Really thankful that you raised this part of the process. I was actually contemplating of this, but was not sure. But, now I feel I should look into this area. Thanks again !
Also, what is the proportion of increase in scores one can expect if one scores low in TEF ? (like after a month long preparation), any idea ? :) Thanks !
You need CLB 5, CLB 7 and CLB 9 to gain 1, 3 and 6 points for each of the four sections. CLB 5, CLB 7 and CLB 9 are roughly like IELTS 4.5, 6.0 and 7.5. To be honest, although I've learned French for a while, I haven't taken the TEF so I'm afraid I can't give you more details about TEF preparation. But through my learning experience, sample TEF exams online and other accessment of French level, I'm fairly confident to say after a few months' part-time French learning (no matter you take a French course or teach yourself), you can expect to gain 1 or 3 points from listening and 3 points from reading.

But I seriouly doubt you can get any point after just one month's studies. Normally, a beginner can only expect to achieve A1 level French within a month while your goal is to be at least B1, which is a equivalent to CLB 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: tani90

Afra88

Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Another 2 hour wait and it might be tomorrow...

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
What if there is no draw today... :(
Then maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Be patient and confident. If the pattern of 2019 is of any indication, then there should be 26 draws for 2020, 2 of which are FST draws and 3 of which in January.