+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 134th Draw

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Anyone who has applied for the PEI PNP ? I feel I could be hopeful there but don't see any other area where I can increase my scores !

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Anyone who has applied for the PEI PNP ? I feel I could be hopeful there but don't see any other area where I can increase my scores !
Unlike you have ties to PEI, namely working, living or studying there, it's almost impossible for you get PEI PNP because PEI knows the place has zero attraction for outland applicants and as soon as they get PR, they'll move to another province.

Reactions: tani90

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Kindly, add me at 466. I don't know if I should hope for a feasible draw or leave all hopes... :( Going for ICES Assessment again so that my Master's degree is realised and I get additional 7 points, but that will take another 4 months ! Let's see...
Once you get the additional 7 points, you will be above cutoff for sure and will receive ITA

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Unlike you have ties to PEI, namely working, living or studying there, it's almost impossible for you get PEI PNP because PEI knows the place has zero attraction for outland applicants and as soon as they get PR, they'll move to another province.
Yes, that's true. Do you feel there is any other way to increase scores or maybe get a PNP nomination even when I don't have any ties in Canada or previous educational background from the country ? My younger brother is based out of Sudbury (Ontario), pursuing his higher studies. But apart from that I have no one !

P.S: I am stuck at 466 ! With an 8 in IELTS (L:8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7 and S:8) and my Husband Score is 7 in IELTS (L:7, R:6.5, W:6.5, S:7)

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Once you get the additional 7 points, you will be above cutoff for sure and will receive ITA
Hopefully yes. WES actually messed up my score. I wish I knew about ICES earlier, wouldn't have wasted 5 months in the WES process. But it's okay. Its a learning phase, hehe !

Reactions: alexross

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Yes, that's true. Do you feel there is any other way to increase scores or maybe get a PNP nomination even when I don't have any ties in Canada or previous educational background from the country ? My younger brother is based out of Sudbury (Ontario), pursuing his higher studies. But apart from that I have no one !
Learning French is always the last resort. If you're just a few points away from ITA, you can just learn French part-time and get the extra few points within a matter of a few months. If you're really determined, you may learn French full-time and eventually get as many as 39 points from French. Besides, there are PNP especially for French-speaking people.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019

P.S: I am stuck at 466 ! With an 8 in IELTS (L:8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7 and S:8) and my Husband Score is 7 in IELTS (L:7, R:6.5, W:6.5, S:7)
Well, I assume you need several months to ICES, so to be on the safe side, I guess your husband should take more IELTS and you should learn some French. Trust me, it's not hard at all for an English-speaker to get a few points from the reading section of TEF.

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Well, I assume you need several months to ICES, so to be on the safe side, I guess your husband should take more IELTS and you should learn some French. Trust me, it's not hard at all for an English-speaker to get a few points from the reading section of TEF.
Hi @tony87. Really thankful that you raised this part of the process. I was actually contemplating of this, but was not sure. But, now I feel I should look into this area. Thanks again !
Also, what is the proportion of increase in scores one can expect if one scores low in TEF ? (like after a month long preparation), any idea ? :) Thanks !