+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 134th Draw

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Yes, that's true. Do you feel there is any other way to increase scores or maybe get a PNP nomination even when I don't have any ties in Canada or previous educational background from the country ? My younger brother is based out of Sudbury (Ontario), pursuing his higher studies. But apart from that I have no one !
Learning French is always the last resort. If you're just a few points away from ITA, you can just learn French part-time and get the extra few points within a matter of a few months. If you're really determined, you may learn French full-time and eventually get as many as 39 points from French. Besides, there are PNP especially for French-speaking people.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Yes, that's true. Do you feel there is any other way to increase scores or maybe get a PNP nomination even when I don't have any ties in Canada or previous educational background from the country ? My younger brother is based out of Sudbury (Ontario), pursuing his higher studies. But apart from that I have no one !

P.S: I am stuck at 466 ! With an 8 in IELTS (L:8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7 and S:8) and my Husband Score is 7 in IELTS (L:7, R:6.5, W:6.5, S:7)
Well, I assume you need several months to ICES, so to be on the safe side, I guess your husband should take more IELTS and you should learn some French. Trust me, it's not hard at all for an English-speaker to get a few points from the reading section of TEF.

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Well, I assume you need several months to ICES, so to be on the safe side, I guess your husband should take more IELTS and you should learn some French. Trust me, it's not hard at all for an English-speaker to get a few points from the reading section of TEF.
Hi @tony87. Really thankful that you raised this part of the process. I was actually contemplating of this, but was not sure. But, now I feel I should look into this area. Thanks again !
Also, what is the proportion of increase in scores one can expect if one scores low in TEF ? (like after a month long preparation), any idea ? :) Thanks !