+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 133rd Draw

aikay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I am now in pool at CRS470 with CLB 10,10,10,7(speaking).

I screwed up speaking since I was too nervous talking to a computer(CELPIP).
I thought 470 should be sufficient but obviously thats not the case.
I will retake the test again, hopefully I can max it to CRS 499.
Wow , 499 is really high . I wish I had the luxury of options .. unfortunately , I have to go tru the hardest path ( learning French ) to improve my 462 crs

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
got spouse's ielts score today. maxed out to 469, valid till April when i lose 5 points.
hoping for a draw this or next week. altho seems to be an unlikely event.

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Ok I read your 2 posts and just to clarify some things to you I'll explain quickly how this works....

I'm in NZ at the moment, have friends in AU and getting the PR here is very VERY difficult, Canada is way more easy and have less restrictions in general terms. Then, everybody has specific reasons why some things are better here or there and so... it's more a personal choice. Because of your post I can tell you may have not travel much (which is perfectly OK) but once you go to Canada you'll see people from around the world, not just third world countries... people from the UK, US, Europe, etc etc are also in Camada and AU and NZ because everybody wants something different in life, not just "escape" from a poor nation. I've met a lot of people from the UK here and they came and did all the PR process just because they like the "beach, relaxing life" NZ offers for instance. You might judge the decisions others take based on your own experience but trust me, people migrate for simple reasons as well (sometimes too simple to understand to be honest).

So, to conclude, YES, people from 1st world nations also want to go to Canada and they have really good profiles we need to compete with. Also, Canada has maybe the easiest immigration path all over the world and it makes it very attractive to a lot of people.

Cheers
Oh come on. Let’s call a spade a spade. Other than folks from developing countries or those in troubled areas of Europe, no one wants to immigrate to Canada. The best parts of Canada are cold and wet for half the year.

Now don’t get me wrong - it’s a beautiful and welcoming country for those that wish to immigrate, just that it doesn’t offer anything special if you are already in a developed western country. Great place to take a vacation but not live.

On that note I would like to add another point - those in here that think their lives will automatically become better by just moving to Canada, please have a rethink. Focus on your skills and career. Unless you find a decent paying job in Canada (minimum of 100K per year), you will struggle to find decent accommodation in any good city / neighborhood nor afford spending money for fun. Yes it can sound nice to say I live in Canada to your neighbors but in reality your life could suck more than it did in your home country where you at least had the comfort of a home cooked meal. Remember the grass isn’t always greener.

krio1

Dec 16, 2019
Many people life depends on this draws and outcomes. It is hard to enjoy Christmas when most of candidates are inland and about to loose their work/and/or legal status and forced to come back. One thing if you have TIME, according to stats most candidates just on the edge...

Arod

May 15, 2017
Oh come on. Let’s call a spade a spade. Other than folks from developing countries or those in troubled areas of Europe, no one wants to immigrate to Canada.

I've been to Canada for about 6 months now and I have met people from places such as Spain, Italy, Ireland, Lithuania, UK and other non-troubled countries.

They all agree on one thing, their life conditions are better here than in their countries of origin.

Many people who lived in the US are here as well and don't plan to go back.

It is not true that you need to make $100k to have a decent life, I make way less than that and was able to get a decent place in a very nice neighborhood in the Toronto suburbs. Also, if both the husband and wife work it is way easier to make that kind of money.

I do agree that if you don't like the cold weather you will go through a lot of pain here, but it is not much different from cities such as Boston, Chicago or Minneapolis.

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Oh come on. Let’s call a spade a spade. Other than folks from developing countries or those in troubled areas of Europe, no one wants to immigrate to Canada. The best parts of Canada are cold and wet for half the year.

Now don’t get me wrong - it’s a beautiful and welcoming country for those that wish to immigrate, just that it doesn’t offer anything special if you are already in a developed western country. Great place to take a vacation but not live.

On that note I would like to add another point - those in here that think their lives will automatically become better by just moving to Canada, please have a rethink. Focus on your skills and career. Unless you find a decent paying job in Canada (minimum of 100K per year), you will struggle to find decent accommodation in any good city / neighborhood nor afford spending money for fun. Yes it can sound nice to say I live in Canada to your neighbors but in reality your life could suck more than it did in your home country where you at least had the comfort of a home cooked meal. Remember the grass isn’t always greener.
I cannot stress how much I disagree with the first para of this post.

I have been in Canada for 8 yrs now and I know MANY Europeans from UK, France Italy Germany etc. as well as from US who have migrated here through permenant residency, like all of us are trying to do.

So no, it's not just people from troubled countries trying to migrate here.

There are many many reasons and motivations for people to migrate and you cannot put everyone in the same bracket.

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018

You sound very bitter and negative, I sure hope you don't live in Canada with that kind of whiny attitude because it would truly make no sense.

I have several friends and colleagues who are from the US, the UK, Ireland, Japan etc. who left their families and (in the case of the US) better paying jobs to live in Canada where they feel more welcome and safe, or because they love the nature, the diversity... The Americans have already become dual Canadian citizens. Of course, there are also those who came and left. Canada, much like any other country, is not perfect. If you value climate so much, consider Victoria or another country altogether.

On that note I would like to add another point - those in here that think their lives will automatically become better by just moving to Canada, please have a rethink. Focus on your skills and career. Unless you find a decent paying job in Canada (minimum of 100K per year), you will struggle to find decent accommodation in any good city / neighborhood nor afford spending money for fun.
Very few adults are naive enough to believe that everything will fall into their hands as soon as they step foot on Canadian soil. Also, in which country can you have a good life without a decent paying job, please name one? You certainly don't need 100k per year unless your life goals include spending money on random expensive crap. Living in Vancouver and Toronto is expensive for sure, but you don't have to live in those two cities, but even if you do you can find decent accommodation options. Again, it seems your criteria revolves around money and climate, in which case you should consider California, Florida or Australia. Cheerio!

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
You sound very bitter and negative, I sure hope you don't live in Canada with that kind of whiny attitude because it would truly make no sense.

I have several friends and colleagues who are from the US, the UK, Ireland, Japan etc. who left their families and (in the case of the US) better paying jobs to live in Canada where they feel more welcome and safe, or because they love the nature, the diversity... The Americans have already become dual Canadian citizens. Of course, there are also those who came and left. Canada, much like any other country, is not perfect. If you value climate so much, consider Victoria or another country altogether.

Very few adults are naive enough to believe that everything will fall into their hands as soon as they step foot on Canadian soil. Also, in which country can you have a good life without a decent paying job, please name one? You certainly don't need 100k per year unless your life goals include spending money on random expensive crap. Living in Vancouver and Toronto is expensive for sure, but you don't have to live in those two cities, but even if you do you can find decent accommodation options. Again, it seems your criteria revolves around money and climate, in which case you should consider California, Florida or Australia. Cheerio!
Very true, I agree with you. Just to add my 2 cents, $95k base plus bonus etc bringing total package to $100k is too easy in Toronto for software developers. This is from my personal experience as well as my interactions with other newcomers with similar background as me

Reactions: Melchett

joker2209

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I have done MBA from University business school, Panjab University,India
I applied for wes and got double degree
Which institute should i.apply for with minimal time and can get MBA equivalency with full assurance??
Iqes,icas or anything else