+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 133rd Draw

Skitles

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
The rise of score is so alarming.
Assuming that there are 1000 people who got score above 600 due to PNP
How come there were still 2000 new profiles with scores above 471 within the last 14 days?
That's like they were hiding somewhere all year long and then suddenly jumped out in this last round.

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
So from now if somebody say it is not cic's intention to keep it high then either he is fool or he is moron. So accept the fate, if we want hecking ITA, We must have 470 and above to expect it in near future
Relax. CIC doesn’t care about scores etc. It is just competition.

FYI - A memo went out to the entire research group within Google few weeks back to apply for Canadian PR as a back-up option. The group consists of 150 and more PhD’s. This group easily will have score exceeding 470. This is just one set I know about. There could be tens of thousands of folks doing the same.

Don’t fall into conspiracy theories. No one is out to get you or keep scores inflated. It is just the sign of times. I mentioned in an earlier post that 450’s is the new 430’s. But for a freak occurance there is little chance of it going back. Best to try and improve scores if possible. Good luck to all going forward.

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
people between 460-470 can expect miracle, People between 451-460 can either raise their score or wait till ray of hope #525
people between 440-450 can either raise their score or go to Nepal.

I have no words for this insanity, I spend around 40K for canadian education and now working like dog since last 1.8 years without any vacation yet and now I have to pack my bags and go home. This is not how i should end up after wasting thousands of dollar and wasting almost 4 years of my life
That sucks. They should truly give preference to those who invested and studies in Canada.

nihalpandit

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2020
Maybe they decreased it to 3200 in order to have a b2b draw next week. So they won't exceed the total number of invited for 2019.
I hope this is true, am stuck at 470!

nihalpandit

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2020
the current total for iTA issued in 2019 is 82,100 (89,800 were issued in 2018). Just a tine-tiny ray of hope.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
IELTS, I CHOOSE YOU! Again.
Right now at 459 with SLRW 9898 (Celpip CLB8). If will boost to CLB 9, then my score will jump to 487 and CLB10(which is unlikely because I can't even write properly in my own language, formal) will boost to 499.
I've chilled enough.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's a lot of people applying from the U.S i bet, those on the H1B visa and the like, and with the U.S making it harder to immigrate there permanently under the Trump administration, many of them are looking at the relative ease of applying through EE for PR in Canada and going that route.

There's also been a lot of advertising about immigration to Canada around the world, as one of the few countries that have a straightforward immigration system and process for applying for PR.

Don't take this wrong way, but i think many of you should start looking at Australia especially if you're pretty far from the cut-off score.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Well it clearly isn’t enough as there are still people struggling ! You pay money for a proper degree and study in Canada you should have a clear path to PR and not have to fight it out with people sitting in other countries. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I feel you. After spending over 100k I would expect a little bit more than 30 extra points.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
It's a lot of people applying from the U.S i bet, those on the H1B visa and the like, and with the U.S making it harder to immigrate there permanently under the Trump administration, many of them are looking at the relative ease of applying through EE for PR in Canada and going that route.

There's also been a lot of advertising about immigration to Canada around the world, as one of the few countries that have a straightforward immigration system and process for applying for PR.

Don't take this wrong way, but i think many of you should start looking at Australia especially if you're pretty far from the cut-off score.
Australia has spiders and it's upside down.

Hows the process over there? I feel like Canada has one of the most easiest ways to immigrate. If you have a degree, number of years of experience, family and you are pretty much set, where other countries, like in Europe or Asia have very strict processes (nearly impossible).