App. Filed.......
27-08-2019
Passport Req..
17-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2019
LANDED..........
22-10-2019
I get it mate. I understand why anyone would be pissed at this. But I don’t know anyone who got through with this sort of issue. The people who say they got will not come and vouch for me if i get refused. I entered the pool in September. I never knew this would happen to me before i get the three years completed. This is a problem with the CIC system and i do not want to take advantage of it nor do i want to risk it. Hope everyone gets my point of view.
Ignore that guy, he's just being salty.

Same thing happened to me. ITA arrived 5 days before 1 year employment completion. Their dumb CRS calculator does not count employment length by days, but by months. I did some research and saw some people got rejected because they accepted an ITA a few days before work anniversary. I decide I don't want to risk it and went back to the pool. However I did have to re-take IELTS to improve my CRS (otherwise I would never receive an ITA given the increasing score). But I do not regret my decision.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I get it mate. I understand why anyone would be pissed at this. But I don’t know anyone who got through with this sort of issue. The people who say they got will not come and vouch for me if i get refused. I entered the pool in September. I never knew this would happen to me before i get the three years completed. This is a problem with the CIC system and i do not want to take advantage of it nor do i want to risk it. Hope everyone gets my point of view.
No worries, i took the ITA 1 month before my anniversary and my eligibility is recommended pass now

as long as you submit after your anniversary and you are good

Reactions: Fantastica

Secil

Oct 23, 2019
Hi guys,

I am trying to improve my CRS as well. I am planning to go and work in Canada to improve my score which is about 13 points or so. This is kind of a scrifice for me as I might lose some rights at my current work in my country. However even by doing that ( and also improving my french) I will be only 467. (And I can only complete this by 2021).

With this new cut off of 471, I am starting to think that this is useles struggle. Any advice?

aikay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys,

I am trying to improve my CRS as well. I am planning to go and work in Canada to improve my score which is about 13 points or so. This is kind of a scrifice for me as I might lose some rights at my current work in my country. However even by doing that ( and also improving my french) I will be only 467. (And I can only complete this by 2021).

With this new cut off of 471, I am starting to think that this is useles struggle. Any advice?[/QUOTE
I don’t understand what you are trying to say tho ..

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Hi guys,

With this new cut off of 471, I am starting to think that this is useles struggle. Any advice?
What rights are you referring to?

kal91

Nov 4, 2019
Do what is best for you, as you said nobody will vouch for you if you get rejected and it's not like you faked your profile, you have every right to decline your ITA and re-enter the pool for a new one.

Sure you will annoy some people here but hey, I wouldn't worry about that. Follow your gut!

Best of luck man

Last edited:

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Quit whining and reject it already. :)

Reactions: Islander5548

badri.sri139

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Hi All

I have a question about education section in the EE profile. I have got my highest education evaluated by WES (PhD). Do I also enter my other degree details that have not been evaluated (like for bachelors and high school) by WES? If I update this information will my date of submission change on my EE profile (incase of tie)?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hi All

I have a question about education section in the EE profile. I have got my highest education evaluated by WES (PhD). Do I also enter my other degree details that have not been evaluated (like for bachelors and high school) by WES? If I update this information will my date of submission change on my EE profile (incase of tie)?
only highest is needed and that date is not for tie breaker, it shows the time when the profile was updated last

luzan

Oct 27, 2019
New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
So I do not enter any details of the lower degrees and diplomas under the education section in the EE profile?
Not if you don't have an ECA for them.
Instead, you will declare them in the "personal history" section when you complete your full PR application post-ITA.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
i am going to decline my ITA i got on November 27th. i was planning on accepting it and submitting the docs after i complete my three years as I received the ITA a week before i completed my third year on the job. its simply not worth risking my PR application based on a petty thing like this. my CRS is 471 and i am positive i will get the ITA on the next draw.

I completed three years yesterday ( 5th of December).

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/section-11.2.html

"Visa or other document not to be issued

• 11.2 (1) An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.
  • Marginal note:Exceptions

(2) Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document if, at the time the officer received their application,
    • (a) the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued; or
    • (b) the foreign national did not have the qualifications they had at the time the invitation was issued and on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), but
      • (i) they met the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e), and
      • (ii) they occupied a rank that is not lower than the rank that a foreign national was required to have occupied to be invited to make an application."
Accept the ITA and wait the extra time for your 3 years to be complete before submitting your application. It's not a problem at all