+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding how to calculate my work experience
Employer 1: Jan 19, 2015 - Aug 7, 2015 (Technically this is 6 months and 20 days) but Express entry system is mm/yyyy, so it calculates 7 months
Employer 2: Sept 25, 2017 - March 31, 2018 ( 6 Months and 7 days) but Express entry system calculates 7 months.
Employer 3: April 1 2018 - Present (1 year 7 months 21 days) but express entry systems calculates 1 year 8 months.

So in total i technically have 2 years, 8 months and 18 days and my CRS is 452, but my applications calculates mm/yyyy, so it becomes 2 years and 11 months of experience which would increases my CRS TO 475 next month (Considering 3 years). I understand that with 475 i am more likely to get ITA in the first draw in December. So should i decline the ITA and wait till i reach exact 3 years based on days counted towards my experience which will be on march 5 2020 or can i accept the ITA.

I have posted this question before and got different opinions. Today i called the IRCC and the representative told me i can go ahead and accept the ITA as long as the information provided on my profile is truthful and the officer's looking at your application will be well aware of the system limitations. I also did ask them if this was posted anywhere in the website and the representative did send me the below email.

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2019-11-21

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Invitation to apply - How IRCC calculates the one year work experience

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.

I have been in a same situation and never got the clear answer whether to accept /Decline ITA before work anniversary. It's highly debatable topic:

[1] If you have ample work visa left, I would suggest to get your work anniversary(1st/2rd/3rd) completed first and then accept ITA. Very safe option.
[2] If you accept ITA before work anniversary, it's up to the officer to take a final call. That's the nice declaimer IRCC sent me in their response to my query. There are success stories even taking the risks but one will end up worrying during whole PR application.
[3] When you have enough visa (more than 2 years) and If still you want to take a risk (accepting ITA before work anniversary) -- If unlucky and In the worst case, PR will get rejected but you would still be able to apply again. But this would be a bad choice.
[4] If you must need to file bridging WP due to the max-out, then only option is to take the risk [2].

It's your choice in the end, good luck !

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Unless of course he gets an ITA on the basis of tie breaker .. Then if officer looks at when he created profile he’ll see that he wasn’t actually eligible as at profile creation date . This scenario may not happen but why risk it over couple days ?

My advice , delete that profile and create a new one so when you get your ITA , you can accept it with peace of mind

Oh yes, Deleting profile today and creating on/after 12th Nov makes sense!

eld43

Nov 18, 2019
Toronto,Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
What are the chances of getting ONIP, I just want to keep it as a backup, if the score won't go down after January? Anyway, I am going to give the IELTS this Saturday, I am having 6 :p and wife has 7.5 overall, there is a lot of room to max out IELTS. But CRS is going higher it seems since We Created the EE profile.:confused:

Islander5548

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Sri Lanka
my passport expires in April 2021, I am yet to receive my ITA. If I renew my passport before I get the ITA and update my new passport details in my profile, there won't be any issues when they assess my application right?

My IELTS and ECA are based on my old passport. So I am worried. Besides my old passport was taken when I was 15 years old and now I am 22 years old and my face is not exactly what it looks like in my passport lol.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
my passport expires in April 2021, I am yet to receive my ITA. If I renew my passport before I get the ITA and update my new passport details in my profile, there won't be any issues when they assess my application right?

My IELTS and ECA are based on my old passport. So I am worried. Besides my old passport was taken when I was 15 years old and now I am 22 years old and my face is not exactly what it looks like in my passport lol.
Why are you renewing your passport now if it's expiring in 2021?

Reactions: Islander5548

Islander5548

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Sri Lanka
Why are you renewing your passport now if it's expiring in 2021?
it was taken when I was small and having a passport with an extended expiration date will be easier for me. if my pr application is delayed and i don't meet the 6 month gap required to issue PPR, i do not want to put myself into unnecessary trouble at that time. it is safe to have the new passport and my old passport details will be mentioned in my new passport as well.

the passport expires on April 2021. If I get ITA in say December and E-APR in Janary 2020, it gives me only until August 2020 to wait for PPR. If all goes well then I don't mind. But if it gets late, i need to be ready, hence why I planned to do this now before I get ITA.

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
I am french guy , so sorry for my english , ill speak in french : ce que je veux dire c est que l objectif fixé pour 2019 est de 81400 invitation , on est déjà a 75000 invitation, donc il reste 6400 invitation qui peuvent etre fait en 2 draw seulement
donc, les crs notes resteraient en hausse

Atri

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hi friends,
Here is my issue, WES report for me is expected by 28th, got my idp IELTS online results just now. My bday falls on 5th December. My queries
1. How many days TRF takes to reach home
2. Can I expect WES to deliver reports before time
3. How late I can be, for profile to be picked up for Wednesday draw (as I neee to wait)

If I don’t, then post my bday my CRS will drop to 466, else with 471 and other stuffs still in queue I am loving it

badri.sri139

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Hi friends,
Here is my issue, WES report for me is expected by 28th, got my idp IELTS online results just now. My bday falls on 5th December. My queries
3. How late I can be, for profile to be picked up for Wednesday draw (as I neee to wait)

If I don’t, then post my bday my CRS will drop to 466, else with 471 and other stuffs still in queue I am loving it
Yes, they usually give it in advance. May be on tomorrow or on Monday?

Richu1989john

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi friends,

My Wes report date was 26th nov and I received it yesterday.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi friends,

You don't need your WES paper report to be invited, just the reference number which can be found on the website of WES. Similarly, you don't need your paper TRF report to know your TRF number. As long as you still know your IELTS exam candidate number and test center, you can work out your TRF number.