+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

badri.sri139

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Please update my score to 478. Third attempt of IELTS results fetched me this score.
I do not think a draw is going to happen tomorrow.
that is not pessimistic but more of a practical thinking boss, Even with these 3 draws it will go as low as 465 +/- 1 as PNP effect is minimized. If they would have continue 3900 it could have gone 462 but their intention is to keep CRS high.
How do you know that the PNP effect is minimized? I feel it is just increasing. Before October 30th draw (after around 3 weeks ), there were ~1200 scores greater than 600, but before November 13th draw (just after 10 days), there were ~800 scores greater than 600. If you extrapolate that the profiles for PNP in November was almost double than that of October. I feel in the upcoming draw it might be the same or it might increase more. What do you think?

arvw

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019

How do you know that the PNP effect is minimized? I feel it is just increasing. Before October 30th draw (after around 3 weeks ), there were ~1200 scores greater than 600, but before November 13th draw (just after 10 days), there were ~800 scores greater than 600. If you extrapolate that the profiles for PNP in November was almost double than that of October. I feel in the upcoming draw it might be the same or it might increase more. What do you think?
We are 14500 short of last year's total invite. I do have a feeling there will be 4 draws before the year ends. (3600x4 = 14400). If they do not plan to meet last year's record, they could have totally maintained the 3900 and have only 3 draws.

Jul 26, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
that is not pessimistic but more of a practical thinking boss, Even with these 3 draws it will go as low as 465 +/- 1 as PNP effect is minimized. If they would have continue 3900 it could have gone 462 but their intention is to keep CRS high.
I can not understand why people say the INTENTION is to keep the CRS score high. It doesn't make any sense. The CRS score is getting higher since we have the scenario that fosters it.

Reactions: Konakova Julia

Anu66

Jun 28, 2019
We are 14500 short of last year's total invite. I do have a feeling there will be 4 draws before the year ends. (3600x4 = 14400). If they do not plan to meet last year's record, they could have totally maintained the 3900 and have only 3 draws.
Assuming there will be 4 draws with one happening today, then next is 27th nov- 11th dec- 18th dec
It’s like 3 b2b draws. Has it ever happened before?

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
It's so quiet here... By the way, what time is it in Canada? Do we need to wait for another hour or so if there's gonna be a draw today, right?

arvw

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
It's so quiet here... By the way, what time is it in Canada? Do we need to wait for another hour or so if there's gonna be a draw today, right?
It normally happens 7:00-8:00 am EST but doesn't get updated until later. Last week's was updated at 2:00 pm EST. And right now is 12:15 pm EST. So yea; maybe another hour if there was a draw.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017

Even though they reduced ITA to 3600 score dropped

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
It is right now 12:15pm EST in Canada. Last week the draw came out at around 2:30pm EST so I would say to wait until then to be certain. However, the chance of a draw today is very slim, probably 10-15%.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
I can not understand why people say the INTENTION is to keep the CRS score high. It doesn't make any sense. The CRS score is getting higher since we have the scenario that fosters it.
reason behind saying intention is plain and simple. Since EE started they never made gap in FST OCTOBER, When score could have dropped more in last draw ITAs were reduced to 3600(usually that always happen after first draw in January. On several occasion it could have gone low but then also draws were irregular so it remain high and very high number of PNPs were issued this year makes me believe that their intention is to keep CRS high. That is my personal belief. I am not forcing anybody to tune up with me

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
reason behind saying intention is plain and simple. Since EE started they never made gap in FST OCTOBER, When score could have dropped more in last draw ITAs were reduced to 3600(usually that always happen after first draw in January. On several occasion it could have gone low but then also draws were irregular so it remain high and very high number of PNPs were issued this year makes me believe that their intention is to keep CRS high. That is my personal belief. I am not forcing anybody to tune up with me
I definitely agree with you. As EE is becoming increasing popular worldwide, this can be seen as a future-proof strategy to ensure stability of the country. Also, by keeping the score high, the government creates a high demand for Canadian education (in order to get points) and this could bring way more benefits to the country. Of course some people will say this may discourage many people but if you compare Canadian immigration to Australia or the US, Canada is still the best no matter what. Keeping CRS score high (> 470) will make it more selective and only the best "overall" candidate can immigrate. It's the same with selling a product. Once your product is well known and receive high praise, its understandable to charge for more knowing that people will still buy it anyway :). So complain less, and rather spend that energy to improve your score guys :)