+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I think if your score is above 462, there is absolutely no need to spend over 300 dollars to rewrite IELTS considering you might even get a lower score. Just be patient folks there are gonna be at least 2 or 3 draws before year end and even if the points only decrease by 3 points each draw , then CRS for last draw of year is 463.

Relax folks
omg this is the most stressful thing ever!! I dont want to spend $300 when it's not even guaranteed but i am at 461...looking at celpip this saturday (results back in 5 days) to max and get to 464. what do you think y'all??? i did ielts the first time..

Last edited:

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
I am a guy of bad luck. Trust me.
When you yourself are so confident of your bad luck, even good luck can’t help you. Loose all your sobbing demotivation and attract positivity dude. Sometimes it doesn’t take a miracle to turn things around, perhaps, its all about your mindset. If you are in a position to enhance your score, kill it, else just think positive and wait for your time. You are not at all in a miserable position by the way, its just about time.
Good luck :)

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Exactly I was thinking this only. The 450's people are gone , nobody is asking anything about the upcoming draws, I myself is at 458 and feeling hopeless.
Tell me about it. I cleared IELTS in 7 attempts, 6 of them over a span of 8 months. Ironically, I work in a call center, and have been speaking English for a living for over 10 years.

With a score of 455, I sensed the outrageous increase in cut-off back in August so I sent my Masters degree to CES. In the meantime, I cleared IELTS (CLB 10 except for writing) and got into the pool with 455. CES gave me Masters which increased my score to 462 last week.

But I have a short window of 1 month to land an ITA as I lose the points gained on Masters on my birthday next month. I will be back to 456. If I don't make it to the other end, I probably won't have any regrets but still, the burden of failure will be huge man.

cshetna

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Tell me about it. I cleared IELTS in 7 attempts, 6 of them over a span of 8 months. Ironically, I work in a call center, and have been speaking English for a living for over 10 years.

With a score of 455, I sensed the outrageous increase in cut-off back in August so I sent my Masters degree to CES. In the meantime, I cleared IELTS (CLB 10 except for writing) and got into the pool with 455. CES gave me Masters which increased my score to 462 last week.

But I have a short window of 1 month to land an ITA as I lose the points gained on Masters on my birthday next month. I will be back to 456. If I don't make it to the other end, I probably won't have any regrets but still, the burden of failure will be huge man.
In meanwhile, go for pnp

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
In meanwhile, go for pnp
My NOC code is 0125, only possible PNP stream is Saskatchewan. But darn there are so many people out there with ineligible POF, education or work experience that SINP cut-off isn't declining either. SINP is very strict w.r.t POF, ECA and work experience. I wish people could understand that.

Reactions: Bond 007

omersalam

Nov 14, 2019
WES assessment usually takes 35 days.
My wifes assessment was received 1st october and we just got a message that it will be evaluated by december 11. Thats like 70 days
Ia this normal and does it vary by country.of education.

jskywalker

Oct 2, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-08-2019
Passport Req..
17-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2019
LANDED..........
22-10-2019
Hi guys I wanted to study in Canada but our consultant advised us to apply for the EE program. Our score is 446, now when we tried to apply student visa non of the agents in our country willing to take our case. Please advise.
There's no hope for that score.

They don't want to take your case because student visa requires a lot of work, probably same or a little bit less than EE, but they make much less money.

Just apply for student visa yourself. If you can't handle the visa application, I doubt if you can handle the study here.

XSY_ghostlike

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
I suggest people with CRS under 465 start looking for alternatives right now. After the next 2 draws, the 450-464 sector's density will approach 1000 people per-score. So it is mathematically impossible for the cutline to drop 2 points per draw after that.

Reactions: alexross

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Its beyond many of us to understand the true logic of 3900 reduced to 3600.

What we all need to think about it is to draw a realistic approach for 2020 now.

52 weeks in a year, 2 FSW draws per month is the way forward, IRCC is getting candidates with high scores now, they will not break this trend that they have started this year, it's going to extremely rare that a Back to Back will ever happen in 2020. So out of 52 weeks in 2020 we can expect 24 or 25 FSW draws at the max.

IRCC wants to support international students and that's for sure, since every year they are taking in students in large numbers, so I am guessing if the scores hover around the below range, IRCC will be comfortable and they are least bothered about people coming in without Canadian education or Canadian work experience . Their main interest going forward will be to safe guard the students with Canadian education and CEC applicants.

(Assumption is one year work experience in canada is in the NOC 0,A or B)
1) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with Nil foreign work experience, with a 3 year degree in Canada and 1 year CEC work experience stands at 462.
2) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with Nil foreign work experience, with a 1 year degree in Canada and bachelors from home country and 1 year CEC work experience stands at 467.
3) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, with a 1 year degree in Canada and bachelors from home country and Nil CEC work experience stands at 477.
4) A CEC applicant aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, bachelors from home country and one year CEC work experience stands at 482.
5) A CEC applicant aged 33 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, bachelors from home country and one year CEC work experience stands at 460.

I am sure there a few more scenario's that are applicable to international students and CEC applicants, I have just listed down the obvious ones but the point we all need to understand is IRCC will safeguard this score range between 460-480 so that all international students and CEC applicants make it and stay back as a PR in the country.

So all express entry candidates who have no ties with Canada need to ensure you fall in this range, if for some reason you can't place yourself into this range, then look at pnp but please do not build up false hope, as this is the way forward, being honest and realistic is definitely the way forward for 2020.
so will ITAs will not be reduced to 3300 from Jan !!!

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019

What we all need to think about it is to draw a realistic approach for 2020 now.

52 weeks in a year, 2 FSW draws per month is the way forward, IRCC is getting candidates with high scores now, they will not break this trend that they have started this year, it's going to extremely rare that a Back to Back will ever happen in 2020. So out of 52 weeks in 2020 we can expect 24 or 25 FSW draws at the max.

IRCC wants to support international students and that's for sure, since every year they are taking in students in large numbers, so I am guessing if the scores hover around the below range, IRCC will be comfortable and they are least bothered about people coming in without Canadian education or Canadian work experience . Their main interest going forward will be to safe guard the students with Canadian education and CEC applicants.

1) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with Nil foreign work experience, with a 3 year degree in Canada and 1 year CEC work experience stands at 462.
2) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with Nil foreign work experience, with a 1 year degree in Canada and bachelors from home country and 1 year CEC work experience stands at 467.
3) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, with a 1 year degree in Canada and bachelors from home country and Nil CEC work experience stands at 477.
4) A CEC applicant aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, bachelors from home country and one year CEC work experience stands at 482.
5) A CEC applicant aged 33 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, bachelors from home country and one year CEC work experience stands at 460.

I am sure there a few more scenario's that are applicable to international students and CEC applicants, I have just listed down the obvious ones but the point we all need to understand is IRCC will safeguard this score range between 460-480 so that all international students and CEC applicants make it and stay back as a PR in the country.

So all express entry candidates who have no ties with Canada need to ensure you fall in this range, if for some reason you can't place yourself into this range, then look at pnp but please do not build up false hope, as this is the way forward, being honest and realistic is definitely the way forward for 2020.
I wish u r right.
honestly there is no point of spending $30000 to study in Canada as an international student. Where the resident pay only $7000. I’m an inland applicant. I see lot of student across the globe come to Canada to study and want to settle.. CIC first priority is them. As they have already adjusted to country standards and have contributed to the economy.
And an important point to note is THEY are YOUNG 21-29.

I see lot of people who just want to come thinking Canada is heaven .
Nope it’s not. Adjusting to the weather is very challenging. And if someone is above 30 , moving to a new place and starting from the very beginning and doing very odd jobs and working more hours just to support the family is something next level.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I wish u r right.
honestly there is no point of spending $30000 to study in Canada as an international student. Where the resident pay only $7000. I’m an inland applicant. I see lot of student across the globe come to Canada to study and want to settle.. CIC first priority is them. As they have already adjusted to country standards and have contributed to the economy.
And an important point to note is THEY are YOUNG 21-29.

I see lot of people who just want to come thinking Canada is heaven .
Nope it’s not. Adjusting to the weather is very challenging. And if someone is above 30 , moving to a new place and starting from the very beginning and doing very odd jobs and working more hours just to support the family is something next level.
This is a great post. And something to keep in perspective while applying.

danda

Mar 5, 2018

Your whole post makes it easy oh yea internationals get the high scores when in reality it is very difficult to get a CLB 9 or CEC work experience, the main reason express entry is messed up now is because of outland applicants they come here study a 1 year degree in Canada and mess up the system. I'm not against you... Heck getting a study permit back in 2012 was a difficult process with a lot of complications...now it seems like a piece of cake. I've been here for 7 years and I can tell you this many people who been into Canada in my situation ended up being stuck... Why because we got used to the system. Meanwhile, legitimate international students end up leaving the country because our PGWP is worthless even though it is LMIA exempt Why? Because Canadian employers know that after CEC requirement is fulfilled we will leave them hanging so they don't prefer to hire us. There needs to be a law to stop this 1 year degree BS you either get a 3 or 4-year degree to claim points or Masters or Phd or no points awarded. Express entry should not be a requirement for international students nor CLB 9 now, there needs to be a proper way instead of turning this system into an auction the irony of this is the fact that no one expected the system to be that mismanaged. I believe 2019 is a signal to CIC to get their game together you either conduct regular draws with no backlogs or you increase the ITA numbers, PNP shouldn't be part of express entry either should be a provincial thing not a federal thing. 451-600 backlog needs to clear through B2B draws now or else we are looking at chaos those 15,000+ people are qualified people.