+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016

amyung

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hello all. Finally the draw happened, phew. My score is 473 and have not yet received my ITA. Can anyone tell me how long does it usually take to receive one?
You should have already received your invitation by now. I got mine after 2-3h.

breakthrough2019

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Let’s not Fret guys! For me if the 2 weekly draws hold consistently with at least one b2b in the future. I can guarantee a gradual drop of scores. All the pile of people were as a result of inconsistencies in the fortnight draws since May 2019.
I’m optimistic it can drop to 450’s in Feb at the pace of the 2weekly draws.
Cheers!

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Yes I hope that too, but it looks bleak. The prediction in the forum suggests that the next cutoff on November 27th would be 469-471. If three draws occur until December end then these could be the cutoffs. Below is my conservative ballpark prediction (with 3600 invites):

Nov 27- 471-472
Dec 11- 470-471
Dec 18- 468-470
I am hopeless and don't want to predict nothing but people saying there will be 4 draws of 3600. If they are right on this then 465 would be closing for 2019. If their target for 2020 is higher and they keep more than 3300 ITA throughout year, We can expect score to come down by 457 again and in May there would be armageddon again.

Reactions: cadiee

Alberta18

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
I am on work permit in Canada and took upfront medical for Work permit application 6 months back in this year. Now I am applying for PR, do I need to take medical exam again or I can use the old one because that is still valid for 6 more months?

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
Guys i have a question regarding proof of funds.

CIC says that the funds should be in your account at the time when you submit the profile and at the time when we give you the PR visa. Does this mean that once we submit the EAPR then we can use that money somewhere else or do we have to keep that money in the bank untill we get the PPR? lets say if they take 7-8 months for PPR, do we have to keep that money in the bank for 7-8 months?

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Guys i have a question regarding proof of funds.

CIC says that the funds should be in your account at the time when you submit the profile and at the time when we give you the PR visa. Does this mean that once we submit the EAPR then we can use that money somewhere else or do we have to keep that money in the bank untill we get the PPR? lets say if they take 7-8 months for PPR, do we have to keep that money in the bank for 7-8 months?
Those funds are necessary to support yourself and your family when you land in Canada. So at any point of time, CIC can ask for updated bank statements or even at the time of landing at Canada. Advisable to always have them above the minimum required amount stipulated by CIC.

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
Those funds are necessary to support yourself and your family when you land in Canada. So at any point of time, CIC can ask for updated bank statements or even at the time of landing at Canada. Advisable to always have them above the minimum required amount stipulated by CIC.
right, but my question is that these funds are mine, and i get few investment opportunities, so rathen than keeping that money in the bank i would want to invest it and earn more, in the end i will be bringing it along to canada. Just curious that whether i should play with that money during the PPR waiting time or should keep it in the bank? Lets say if they ask about the updated statement i will again have that deposited in my bank and will show them.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Any chance for 464 before this Feb? Will turn 30 by then :(
Hoping that new addition to pool will be quite less and back to back draws could equally happen (the normal pattern)

Feeling extremely hopeless with 464:(

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
right, but my question is that these funds are mine, and i get few investment opportunities, so rathen than keeping that money in the bank i would want to invest it and earn more, in the end i will be bringing it along to canada. Just curious that whether i should play with that money during the PPR waiting time or should keep it in the bank? Lets say if they ask about the updated statement i will again have that deposited in my bank and will show them.
The funds must be readily accessible to you anytime. That's the main criteria. If those investments you are trying to make for example are for fixed deposits, then it is fine. But if they are to invest in shares or mutual funds where the returns are unpredictable, CIC may not consider them to be readily available to you. And CIC may ask the reason for any sudden increase or decrease of funds in the account.

But again I am not an expert in this, and its better to consult someone more knowledgeable if you take a decision.

Reactions: haris_rasheed

akwadhwa08

Nov 14, 2019
Hi Guys, my CRS score is 472 and I couldn't get ITA as I created my profile on 1st November. Is there any hope of getting an ITA in next draw or can I try something else to increase my score ?
Please suggest.