Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

VKA

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Dubai
Category........
Thank you for your Swift reply
Sorry to bother again, hope you don mind
What if I don get ita before my birthday but my profile was created before it ..
You will loose 5 points when you turn a year older on your next birthday. Having said that, if you receive ITA before that, you will be handsomely home without loosing any points since your age and points will be locked.
Good luck

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Its beyond many of us to understand the true logic of 3900 reduced to 3600.

What we all need to think about it is to draw a realistic approach for 2020 now.

52 weeks in a year, 2 FSW draws per month is the way forward, IRCC is getting candidates with high scores now, they will not break this trend that they have started this year, it's going to extremely rare that a Back to Back will ever happen in 2020. So out of 52 weeks in 2020 we can expect 24 or 25 FSW draws at the max.

IRCC wants to support international students and that's for sure, since every year they are taking in students in large numbers, so I am guessing if the scores hover around the below range, IRCC will be comfortable and they are least bothered about people coming in without Canadian education or Canadian work experience . Their main interest going forward will be to safe guard the students with Canadian education and CEC applicants.

(Assumption is one year work experience in canada is in the NOC 0,A or B)
1) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with Nil foreign work experience, with a 3 year degree in Canada and 1 year CEC work experience stands at 462.
2) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with Nil foreign work experience, with a 1 year degree in Canada and bachelors from home country and 1 year CEC work experience stands at 467.
3) A student aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, with a 1 year degree in Canada and bachelors from home country and Nil CEC work experience stands at 477.
4) A CEC applicant aged 21-29 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, bachelors from home country and one year CEC work experience stands at 482.
5) A CEC applicant aged 33 (CLB 9) with 3 years foreign work experience, bachelors from home country and one year CEC work experience stands at 460.

I am sure there a few more scenario's that are applicable to international students and CEC applicants, I have just listed down the obvious ones but the point we all need to understand is IRCC will safeguard this score range between 460-480 so that all international students and CEC applicants make it and stay back as a PR in the country.

So all express entry candidates who have no ties with Canada need to ensure you fall in this range, if for some reason you can't place yourself into this range, then look at pnp but please do not build up false hope, as this is the way forward, being honest and realistic is definitely the way forward for 2020.
Very good observation. Also to add they want people to accept PNP, 61000+ PNP for this year. This looks like any way forward for folks with lower scores

Clare1204

Nov 13, 2019
Hi Maik. Actually your age is locked on the AoR date (when u received confirmation that CIC received your submitted papers), not ITA. But if your age change between the time you receive an ITA and the time you submit papers (meaning in the 60 days granted), officer can review your case to consider an exeption.

Reference here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/crs-score-change-between-ita-and-application-filing-due-to-change-of-age.588718/page-2

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Interesting that number of people entering the pool in 451+ range is roughly the same as the number of ITAs issued. If the were no gaps earlier this year, we would see 450/60 draws as a constant nowadays. However, that required additional draws, meaning more invitations and getting significantly over the government's plan.

Only thing necessary for scores to drop down is a consistency, predictability, draw every 14 days. There will be 3 weeks gap by the end of the year, but no IELTS in most western-world countries, meaning lesser input of candidates, therefore maybe we can see drop in January. But, then again that would require that number of ITAs remain 3600-3900, and the policy of CIC doesn't let us predict that.

Good luck :)

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
“there would be armageddon again.”what does that mean?another huge rise?
hopefully not but it looks like if they are still on 465 at the end of the year, then reduced ITA to 3300 will definitely keep CRS high, unless PNP are totally not effecting but that is highly unlikely to happen

Maik

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
You will loose 5 points when you turn a year older on your next birthday. Having said that, if you receive ITA before that, you will be handsomely home without loosing any points since your age and points will be locked.
Good luck
Thanks mats

Maik

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi Maik. Actually your age is locked on the AoR date (when u received confirmation that CIC received your submitted papers), not ITA. But if your age change between the time you receive an ITA and the time you submit papers (meaning in the 60 days granted), officer can review your case to consider an exeption.

Reference here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/crs-score-change-between-ita-and-application-filing-due-to-change-of-age.588718/page-2

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
Thanks for your valuable info .... It seems I need to wait till the cut off comes to 460

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi Guys, my CRS score is 472 and I couldn't get ITA as I created my profile on 1st November. Is there any hope of getting an ITA in next draw or can I try something else to increase my score ?
Please suggest.
Prolly u should be getting ita by next draw unless something weird happens.

Reactions: akwadhwa08

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
Guys i have a question regarding proof of funds.

CIC says that the funds should be in your account at the time when you submit the profile and at the time when we give you the PR visa. Does this mean that once we submit the EAPR then we can use that money somewhere else or do we have to keep that money in the bank untill we get the PPR? lets say if they take 7-8 months for PPR, do we have to keep that money in the bank for 7-8 months

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Guys i have a question regarding proof of funds.

CIC says that the funds should be in your account at the time when you submit the profile and at the time when we give you the PR visa. Does this mean that once we submit the EAPR then we can use that money somewhere else or do we have to keep that money in the bank untill we get the PPR? lets say if they take 7-8 months for PPR, do we have to keep that money in the bank for 7-8 months
it is always recommended to keep the money till copr, you can deposit money but you should not withdraw from your POF as it would only increase processing time and chances of refusal

laypang

Oct 17, 2019
Guys I'm at 460 till my next birthday in Sep 2020.
I've just enrolled in an ielts test in December, prolly will enroll in a masters degree or diploma in Canada.
Do you think the cutoff will ever drop to 460 in 2020 before September?

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
it is always recommended to keep the money till copr, you can deposit money but you should not withdraw from your POF as it would only increase processing time and chances of refusal
as per CIC website the funds should be in the bank at the time of filling profile and at the time when they issue PR visa. They have not mentioned anything regarding the time in between. what abt that?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
as per CIC website the funds should be in the bank at the time of filling profile and at the time when they issue PR visa. They have not mentioned anything regarding the time in between. what abt that?
they can check POF anytime in between that so it is always recommended to keep the money intact

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Guys I'm at 460 till my next birthday in Sep 2020.
I've just enrolled in an ielts test in December, prolly will enroll in a masters degree or diploma in Canada.
Do you think the cutoff will ever drop to 460 in 2020 before September?
yes don't worry