File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
As an PR applicant with H1B, masters degree in US and 6+ years experience; I know a lot of my friends who applied for PR (Canada/Australia) as safety net.

Let me make this clear. It doesn't matter if you have applied from US, Canada, UK, Pakistan, India, or any part of the world the CRS points are exactly same for candidates with exactly same profile. If you already know this, then stop blaming and look for ways to increase your score!

So, let me answer few questions/assumptions from the thread:
1. H1Bs with few years in US might do better in IELTS speaking section, however we have to study and put same effort to get good scores.
2. True, may of us are over 30+, which usually implies that most of 'us' are married, and our wife has at least bachelors degree and has given IELTS to increase CRS score.
3. True, this is a safety net however, I personally know a bunch of my friends who moved to Canada leaving their high paying jobs. Because Canada has to offer one thing that we don't have in US (or takes a long time to get) Green Card!

Let me make this clear, moving to Canada from US is not easy!
1. There's lot less companies/jobs compared to US, tougher to get similar/high paying job.
2. Its colder in most places.
3. Only few 'major' cities
4. Things are more expensive, homes(in major cities), electronics, car, gas, etc.
5. Higher taxes

Pros:
1. Freedom with respect to immigration and getting PR lot faster.
2. Universal healthcare
3. Easier to sponsor parents, siblings get additional points
4. No uncertainty after PR, can settle down have a family!

This is a level playing field, you have exactly same opportunity like anybody else do! So stop blaming on H1B, PNP, CIC, or your mother! (I mean, if you were born a few years earlier, the CRS was lot lower)
Haha. The mother thing. Gold post. I echo your words and am not even in the US. I do not understand the obsession with US candidates.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
This is the prediction table for remainder of this year, I hope it keeps the low side:

13N 27N 11D 25D
Hi 472 467 465 464
Mid 470 466 462 459
Low 468 464 459 454
Accurate prediction for the high but change the 25 December to 18 December. That means, we will have back to back draw in December.

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
This is the prediction table for remainder of this year, I hope it keeps the low side:

13N 27N 11D 25D
Hi 472 467 465 464
Mid 470 466 462 459
Low 468 464 459 454
why are you predicting a 1 point drop for the b2b draw on 18th dec?

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
i just have a question. I am not sure if you guys can help. but give a details answer if you can.

I completed my masters from Canada. did one year job in noc b. added my spouse with no ECA and ielts.. my score is 460. My job was one year contract. now they have extended and provided another job offer.
can i claim points for job offer?
They do not provide LMIA. but it is a big multi national health care company. what can i do to boost my points?? I am so much worried. i was so certain that 40 is a good score and I will apply PR after Sep. Now my spouse is back home. they rejected sowp twice. :( providedeverthings.

Guys kindly suggest. about Job offer without LMIA and also that my work permit is open and nothing is mentioned infront of LMIA exempt.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
As an PR applicant with H1B, masters degree in US and 6+ years experience; I know a lot of my friends who applied for PR (Canada/Australia) as safety net.

Let me make this clear. It doesn't matter if you have applied from US, Canada, UK, Pakistan, India, or any part of the world the CRS points are exactly same for candidates with exactly same profile. If you already know this, then stop blaming and look for ways to increase your score!

So, let me answer few questions/assumptions from the thread:
1. H1Bs with few years in US might do better in IELTS speaking section, however we have to study and put same effort to get good scores.
2. True, may of us are over 30+, which usually implies that most of 'us' are married, and our wife has at least bachelors degree and has given IELTS to increase CRS score.
3. True, this is a safety net however, I personally know a bunch of my friends who moved to Canada leaving their high paying jobs. Because Canada has to offer one thing that we don't have in US (or takes a long time to get) Green Card!

Let me make this clear, moving to Canada from US is not easy!
1. There's lot less companies/jobs compared to US, tougher to get similar/high paying job.
2. Its colder in most places.
3. Only few 'major' cities
4. Things are more expensive, homes(in major cities), electronics, car, gas, etc.
5. Higher taxes

Pros:
1. Freedom with respect to immigration and getting PR lot faster.
2. Universal healthcare
3. Easier to sponsor parents, siblings get additional points
4. No uncertainty after PR, can settle down have a family!

This is a level playing field, you have exactly same opportunity like anybody else do! So stop blaming on H1B, PNP, CIC, or your mother! (I mean, if you were born a few years earlier, the CRS was lot lower)
those whinging on endlessly - they are essentially saying that you are trading one privilege (US) for another (Canada). Sure, it makes no sense, but that's all they are saying. End game? Just that they are trying to attribute some reason to why they haven't or won't receive an ITA.

Reactions: prin999

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
i just have a question. I am not sure if you guys can help. but give a details answer if you can.

I completed my masters from Canada. did one year job in noc b. added my spouse with no ECA and ielts.. my score is 460. My job was one year contract. now they have extended and provided another job offer.
can i claim points for job offer?
They do not provide LMIA. but it is a big multi national health care company. what can i do to boost my points?? I am so much worried. i was so certain that 40 is a good score and I will apply PR after Sep. Now my spouse is back home. they rejected sowp twice. :( providedeverthings.

Guys kindly suggest. about Job offer without LMIA and also that my work permit is open and nothing is mentioned infront of LMIA exempt.
you will need LIMA to get points, from details provided by you, if your wife's ECA can be done to boost your score ?