+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 125th Draw

Dblessed

Jan 8, 2019
Hi peeps. I read an Express Entry applicant's refusal letter, where reasons for refusal were stated as his reference letter not having roles and responsibilities, as well as not having submitted ANY AFFIDAVITS. My focus is on the affidavit aspect: 1) What are some major examples of situations when an affidavit is required by the IRCC to be submitted with application for Express entry? 2) Does anyone have a sample of what it looks like or can describe the key details in such an affidavit? Please advice blessed people ✌

Dblessed

Jan 8, 2019
Hi peeps.

I read an Express Entry applicant's refusal letter, where reasons for refusal were stated as his reference letter not having roles and responsibilities, as well as not having submitted ANY AFFIDAVITS.

My focus is on the affidavit aspect:

1) What are some major examples of situations when an affidavit is required by the IRCC to be submitted with application for Express entry?

2) Does anyone have a sample of what it looks like or can describe the key details in such an affidavit?

Please advice blessed people ✌

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
NOI 22 May
Applied 04 July
Approved 16 August
Accepted 24 August
This could be due to person preference.. but I have a query for time time between 16 Aug and 24 Aug.. Was it that status against your file was shown as approved on 16 August on OINP portal but you didn't get option to add 600 points till 24 August?

Tangygal27

Feb 13, 2018
Hey guys! I have a friend whose CRS score 405 and has been in pool since 2017 but coz of the low score, he’s still waiting. His agent doesn’t seem that proactive too. So I wanted to ask if there is any other option as in like PNP or anything else. He’s given Ielts like 5 times and latest is 7.5 always missing by a .5! NOC 0631. He recently got married too but his wife doesn’t have much to add as no experience and has done only a diploma. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks

Reactions: y3sm4u

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey guys! I have a friend whose CRS score 405 and has been in pool since 2017 but coz of the low score, he’s still waiting. His agent doesn’t seem that proactive too. So I wanted to ask if there is any other option as in like PNP or anything else. He’s given Ielts like 5 times and latest is 7.5 always missing by a .5! NOC 0631. He recently got married too but his wife doesn’t have much to add as no experience and has done only a diploma. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated! Thanks
With 405 points, unless you friend is FST candidates, he might have a chance but if he's been waiting since 2017, it is clear that he's FSW candidate. The cut off points might be roaming around in the 400s before 2017 but the lowest cut off score for the last 2 years was 413 in draw #65 31st May 2017. Which is 8 points higher that your friend's score and the cut off score has been higher ever since

So, please don't be misguided by the agent and keep trying to get higher IELTS score. It makes a lot of difference if he get L8 R7 W7 S7.

Additionally, ask his wife to do IELTS as well and get her diploma assess for ECA. Even if his wife only get R4 L5 S5 W5, she will contribute 4 points for IELTS. If she get 6 each in IELTS, she will be rewarded 12 points and and if she gets L8 R7 W7 S7 or more in each skills, she will get the highest points which is 20points

Furthermore, if her diploma is assessed as equivalent to even only 1 year diploma, she will get rewarded 6 points. 2 years diploma 7 points.

Her foreign experience won't add any points even if she has one. Only experience gained in Canada is earning points as a spouse.

All the best.

Last edited:

Tangygal27

Feb 13, 2018
I agree the cut off has been quite high lately. He’s got more than the desired score in ielts but all in seperate tests, need to have those magic numbers in one test collectively. I’ll pass on Ye suggestions to him. What about PNP? Oinp/ Alberta or Manitoba?

With 405 points, unless you are FST candidates, you friend might have a chance but if he's been waiting since 2017, it is clear that he's FSW candidate. The cut off points might be roaming around in the 400s before 2017 but the lowest cut off score for the last 2 years was 413 in draw #65 31st May 2017. Which is 8 points higher that your friend's score and the cut off score has been higher ever since

So, please don't be misguided by the agent and keep trying to get higher IELTS score. It make a lot of difference if he get L8 R7 E7 S7.

Additionally, ask his wife to do IELTS as well and get her diploma assess for ECA. Even if his wife only get R4 L5 S5 W5, she will contribute 4 points for IELTS. If she get 6 each in IELTS, she will be rewarded 12 points and and if she gets L8 R7 W7 S7 or more in each skills, she will be rewarded the highest points which is 20points

Furthermore, if her diploma is assessed as equivalent to even only 1 year diploma, she will get rewarded 6 points. 2 years diploma 7 points.

Her foreign experience won't add any points even if she has one. Only experience gained in Canada is earning points as a spouse.

All the best.
With 405 points, unless you are FST candidates, you friend might have a chance but if he's been waiting since 2017, it is clear that he's FSW candidate. The cut off points might be roaming around in the 400s before 2017 but the lowest cut off score for the last 2 years was 413 in draw #65 31st May 2017. Which is 8 points higher that your friend's score and the cut off score has been higher ever since

So, please don't be misguided by the agent and keep trying to get higher IELTS score. It make a lot of difference if he get L8 R7 E7 S7.

Additionally, ask his wife to do IELTS as well and get her diploma assess for ECA. Even if his wife only get R4 L5 S5 W5, she will contribute 4 points for IELTS. If she get 6 each in IELTS, she will be rewarded 12 points and and if she gets L8 R7 W7 S7 or more in each skills, she will be rewarded the highest points which is 20points

All the best.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I agree the cut off has been quite high lately. He’s got more than the desired score in ielts but all in seperate tests, need to have those magic numbers in one test collectively. I’ll pass on Ye suggestions to him. What about PNP? Oinp/ Alberta or Manitoba?
For PNP..he has to search information about it in each Province individual websites. Every province has its own eligibility requirements but most depends on the occupations and quired job offer or connection such as family members/relatives living in that provinve. OINP doesn't require job offer but only support certain occupations and invitation score has been high as well so he needs to do his own research regarding PNP programs eligibility requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tangygal27

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hello guys,

Pls expect a draw this week too. In 2017, cic issued more than 9000 ita with 3 draws in August so i should say there is a good chance of seeing the same this year. Lets hope for a back to back draw tomorrow.

Best wishes for everyone.

Last edited:

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Thanks to you, my support group and a wonderful community, I have submitted my OINP application last night. With work and OINP application, it became really very hectic for me for the last 10 days. Have been burning the candle at both ends.

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Thanks to you, my support group and a wonderful community, I have submitted my OINP application last night. With work and OINP application, it became really very hectic for me for the last 10 days. Have been burning the candle at both ends.
How many bank statements have you submitted? Did you include the one with the 3 month activity as well?