+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 123rd Draw

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Disclaimer: This is based on my opinion. Follow this at your own risk.

Its not about designation.. Its about the work that one does.. Even though your position is manager, if your work matches Consultant NOC more than Manager then write that..
Thank you for your response.
It is actually other way round. Its a big 4 consulting firm and I have been performing Manager role while being on Sr. Consultant role.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
T

Thanks Nitin
Got the point with showing only 3-4 years exp But I am still confused about my current experience. I have gained two designations while working with my current organization. Here are the dates and designation. My only worry is my current designation says Manager so it should not be case of rejection the moment CIC reads it as Manager against noc 2173. Hence do u advise to put both of them separately or shall i only project 0213 or only 2173 or both. However my primary NOC is 2173

May 2013 - August 2018 : Senior Consultant (2173)
August 2018 - Till Date : Manager (0213)

Thanks!
Your Job duties should match with your NOC you’re claiming for. So, title is not a concern but make sure your NOC should be as per your job duties mentioned in your employment reference letter.

Hope this makes sense!

Reactions: Angel1113

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Hi People, I need an advice.

I am above 460 without spouse accompanying. With her accompanying, we are at 449. We are currently in Canada on work and study permits respectively, do y'all think it's risky to apply without spouse accompanying, then sponsor her later?

Scores are really high, reason I am looking at the option.

Help!
Scenario 1:
1. Create some documented urgency at home
2. Send your wife immediately back home
3. Apply w/o wife
4. Get ITA

Scenario 2:
1. Wait forever at 449

Scenario 3:
2. Apply without her while she is in Canada , May get rejected, dream over

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Scenario 1:
3. Apply w/o wife
4. Get ITA

Scenario 2:
1. Wait forever at 449

Scenario 3:

I agree with the @Punitsingh . Crux of the matter is, you can easily apply for your application with your spouse non accompanying if she is not in Canada. I mean, it is common sense that someone within Canada is actually accompanying you within the same geographical boundaries. Think about it. Many people apply without their spouse, but all of them are outside Canada.

chirkut

May 26, 2019
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-10-2019
IELTS Request
L: 8.5,R: 7, W: 7, S: 8.5
Would there be a problem if I want to reissue a job letter again from my HR?
Reasons being salary not mentioned and want to elaborate more on my duties.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Scenario 1:
3. Apply w/o wife
4. Get ITA

Scenario 2:
1. Wait forever at 449

Scenario 3:
Something pings me here to question the logic. I believe his spuse is on an independent visa and offcourse she can retain that visa status, while he can become a primary applicant and applies on EE.

Now, because he's applying for PR, why would he have to send the spouse back. She on a study/work visa, she can offcourse continue to study/work. I'm no expert but doesn't sound right. Immigration lawyer consultation is required here.

Oxygen25

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Something pings me here to question the logic. I believe his spuse is on an independent visa and offcourse she can retain that visa status, while he can become a primary applicant and applies on EE.

Now, because he's applying for PR, why would he have to send the spouse back. She on a study/work visa, she can offcourse continue to study/work. I'm no expert but doesn't sound right. Immigration lawyer consultation is required here.
Yeah, would be interesting to hear what an immigration lawyer has to say about this. There are several people in Canada trying to do this, a couple has, while others (including myself) are scared to do it. I suspect that this is already happening and is one of the factors leading to high cut-offs(460s) that we are seeing these days.

Meanwhile, I understand that CIC has expressly said on twitter that if your points is low, then consider having your spouse non-accompanying, get PR and sponsor him or her afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: EnthuChap

Zain1211

May 31, 2019
Hi just a quick question

Can i claim 3 years experience for the following timeline in September 2019.

Company A: September16 – December 16 ( 4 Months) Cash salary

Company B January 17- October 18 ( 1 year 10 months) Salary in Bank

Company C Nov 18- September 19 ( 11 months)
Salary in Bank

Any assistance on this will be appreciated

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi just a quick question

Can i claim 3 years experience for the following timeline in September 2019.

Company A: September16 – December 16 ( 4 Months) Cash salary

Company B January 17- October 18 ( 1 year 10 months) Salary in Bank

Company C Nov 18- September 19 ( 11 months)
Salary in Bank

Any assistance on this will be appreciated
Could you go to applicable program page and check documents required.. in case you don't have all the documents required, post a question requesting alternatives for the document along with program that you are applying for

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Yeah, would be interesting to hear what an immigration lawyer has to say about this. There are several people in Canada trying to do this, a couple has, while others (including myself) are scared to do it. I suspect that this is already happening and is one of the factors leading to high cut-offs(460s) that we are seeing these days.

Meanwhile, I understand that CIC has expressly said on twitter that if your points is low, then consider having your spouse non-accompanying, get PR and sponsor him or her afterwards.
Can you share URL to tweet you are referring to or was it a DM?

Reactions: Dream Come-True

Abd2019

Apr 28, 2019
And because of those so called 0-35 with 5+ 8+ or 10+ yrs experience - young people have no chance to getting a PR in countries like Australia (this is where I am currently). And do you mean to say young people don't boost economy as much as corporate sitting in those tall high rise buildings? Would prefer Canada's system and ranking any day over Australia.
My point of view was to give equal opportunity to everyone and balance it out (like younger ppl getting pts and similarly experience ppl getting pts). I never meant to say young people are any less talented or don’t deserve but it shouldn’t be like “no country for old men” (pun intended for calling 30-35 old) either. I see so many people in these ROH forums who equally want to migrate if not more based on whatever their scenarios and circumstances are but yet feel sad when they age.

Zain1211

May 31, 2019
I am
Could you go to applicable program page and check documents required.. in case you don't have all the documents required, post a question requesting alternatives for the document along with program that you are applying for
I am talking about claiming foreign experience points in express entry for fsw.

My question was about that if i count my timeline as 3 years experience in my profile