Ray of hope 122th draw

m.alassaad

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Can you put some lights how you prepared??
First time I went with no preparation just to have a feel of the IELTS exam. I got all the marks I needed except writing (6.5)

Next time I honestly prepared only for an hour and only for the writing part. I just went through the free course they give you when you register for a test.

I've been in Canada for 8 years now (Study + Work) so my speaking + listening are pretty good

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
Liberals are ahead by 0.5 in some polls only not in CBC Poll which is accurate almost every time. And don’t forget the scams and Justin Trudeau’s india’s Trip.
Liberals are ahead by 2.5 points (which is within margin of error). They have covered much ground coming from 6% lead to conservatives.
What about his India trip?

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I think this small increase already is positive sign for us! Let's hope they follow last year's trend (even from September onwards) so that we can get by this year :)
Absolutely bro. I'm greatly enthused by the a rise in the draw size. We can now be certain that CIC is working on a higher target indeed and would do something for the 28 days gap they had created.

Cheers

Reactions: Lazybug

m.alassaad

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Were both computer or paper?
Computer. I definitely prefer to type when writing rather than actually hand write. Much faster like this. Also, computer based test spots are available twice a week here in Canada, whereas paper based tests are more like once a month to find a spot.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Yes. Being prepared is always better. If you long have travel history, you should start working on your police clearances.
Thank you for your answer. How long will the police clearances be valid? I am sure the score will come down in two draws so I am trying to get things done ahead of time rather than panic!

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Guys,

Can I change the NOC code from 2173 to 2174? I was under the wrong assumption that 2173 was dedicated to software developers while 2174 also had interactive media developers. After close scrutiny, I came to the conclusion that 2174 suits my work profile.

Will it be an issue if I change my NOC.
Please note that I did not receive an ITA yet.

Thanks!
If you have received and ITA, I don't know
I you haven't, you can

Reactions: AttitudeAdjustment

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you for your answer. How long will the police clearances be valid? I am sure the score will come down in two draws so I am trying to get things done ahead of time rather than panic!
Depends, when you applied and when you got them and when you stayed here. PCC's do not carry any validity, it is upto the organisation you applu to whether to consider it or not. PCC for your current residence is normally valid for 6 months. Practically, a 1-year-old PCC of a place where you lived 6 years before, would also be accepted.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Depends, when you applied and when you got them and when you stayed here. PCC's do not carry any validity, it is upto the organisation you applu to whether to consider it or not. PCC for your current residence is normally valid for 6 months. Practically, a 1-year-old PCC of a place where you lived 6 years before, would also be accepted.
ok, it should be fine then

ray.aditya

Jun 29, 2019
1. CES, CES is faster than IQAS. CES takes around 7 weeks, IQAS takes around 24 weeks. If WES evaluates your PGDM as Bachelor's, you'll have two bachelor's equivalencies and would be able to get points under "two or more degrees". [Assuming you already have an evaluated bachelor's beside your PGDM].

2, If your IELTS is already maxed out, you can't do anything much, except for consider some PNP's.
Which is the best institute to get a PGDM evaluated with lower evaluation time? I have the same PGDM degree from IMT Mumbai.

alibutt2013

Sep 3, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th may 2013
Med's Request
11th september 2013
Med's Done....
17th september 2013
Passport Req..
already submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27th november 2013
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
Keep Claim bro ~ wish you good luck here

Btw, I am working at Royal Bank of Canada 155 Wellington Street West, Toronto, ON

Nothing related to IT and I am good here thanks :)
what a coincidence? I work in the same building (close to union and st.andrew station) lol

Pk canada 19

Jul 9, 2019
Anyone applying with masters in engineering?
Did someone got only masters degree evaluated from WES as mentioned on their website.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
hey, i have a question, is it possible to stay in canada as a visitor when the work permit is expiring? i mean what would be the purpose of the visit etc? isnt it complicated to get an approval for visitor visa?
Apply to change your status to visitor before work permit expires. Purpose could simply be I want to stay for a bit longer to sort things out, visit friends etc. First time application can usually be approved without issue.
It's not an application for a 'visa'. It's an application to change your status. You'll receive a visitor record which specifies the length of time you can stay in Canada, not a visa