+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 122th draw

dilpreet3991

Jun 27, 2019
Basically, those with OINP get a chance to jump over the cut off instead of through the cut off. So the effect would be a slight increase CRS when they get ITAs because the number of ITA going out in the 600+ range do not have an effect of reducing the cut off. For example if in one draw, all the ITAs are given to those with 600+ points, no regular FSW candidate will get ITA. That will of course result in cut off increasing because no fsw candidate is moving ou
So, what are the effects of that draw on 24th July

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
So, what are the effects of that draw on 24th July
It is very unlikely to have any impact so soon as July 24th. I understand it takes a few months to receive the nomination certificate (600 points).we will start seeing the effect after a few months as the PNP candidates start receiving the PNP certificate approvals

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Guys i have a question, i got an ITA back in January but my app got cancelled due to a missing PC which i forgot to upload, at the time ( in march 2019) me and my wife got our medicals done in order to submit the app. Now we are back on the pool, we have our hopes high on the 24th draw, in case we do get an ITA do any of you know if we can we still use this medicals or do we need to get them done again??

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Guys i have a question, i got an ITA back in January but my app got cancelled due to a missing PC which i forgot to upload, at the time ( in march 2019) me and my wife got our medicals done in order to submit the app. Now we are back on the pool, we have our hopes high on the 24th draw, in case we do get an ITA do any of you know if we can we still use this medicals or do we need to get them done again??
You most definitely can use the same medicals. Keep in mind though your CoPR will be valid only till one year from the date of your medicals. If you are ok with that there is no problem in using the same medicals

Reactions: jjk505

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I have got invitation under OINP program,and my current CRS score is 447 ,However I will be completing my 3 year of work expierence on August 12th ,2019 (next month)
so it will boost my CRS score from 447 to 472

I have 45 days to accept OINP invitation .Even though 472 looks safe score to get ITA ,but i would like to get yours view points shall i accept OINP and follow PNP route or wait to get ITA in express entry ?

Please comment
No need to spend money and time on OINP. Going with direct ITA will be faster in your case.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Yes, You can use the same medical but I suggest you get a new one done. It is already July so 6 months are gone. PR can take upto 6 months and as @alexross mentioned above you will have to land before the expiry date of medical.

Reactions: jjk505

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If someone have all their paystubs for 1 year of experience. Is it good to submit them for CEC inland???
Also one of my friend only worked part time for 4 months during her 2 year of canadian work experience. So she worked 4 extra months (part time) to compensate before accepting ITA. How can she show that to CIC?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
There is no extra time. There is only minimum hours per week for a work experience to be considered as a full time work experience. But you can work longer if you want to (up to 24 hours per day and 7 days per week) and it will be still counted as 1 year of work experience. The only advantage it might bring (if you have for example 2 part time jobs each in a different NOC) is to use that time for that specific NOC when trying to go through PNP process .

jricardobt

Jun 12, 2019
Hello friends, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a quick question.

Ontario tech draw was held a couple of days ago.

Although I have experience on noc 2172, my primary occupation was set to NOC 4163 (because it is the noc that I have more experience).

I have already changed to 2172, but I am wondering if on the next Tech Draw I will get an invite or it is not that certain. If so, does anyone know when will be held the next draw?

thanks!!!

Rose1207

Jul 8, 2019
Thanks mate. I find it easier on computer too, especially for the reading and writing part. I had 2 attempts since May and I think I just started to get a feeling of what IELTS actually wants. Finger crossed for my upcoming 8 tests haha XD
Guys what should I do??
I just got CELPIP result and its same as last time. This time I paid extra for express rating, but my CRS still the same (waste of money )
If I want to use the old CELPIP score and not the new one, can I do that??
Could there be a system error? Because 3 times CELPIP and I got same score for writing and speaking.

Last edited:

Rose1207

Jul 8, 2019
One more point to add, just take it easy, I know it is difficult but to me that was the key. I had to take almost 12 times for almost two years before getting 8777. I recently took the test again (CBT) to see if I can improve anything better. Since I knew it was not gonna give me much in terms of crs, I was very calm and didn't even prepare for a day. I just went as if any other usual day for the test and I got 9/8.5/7/7 this time - holy cow, the score I was trying for for almost 2 years. My score is now 453 from 450. Only 3 points jump, but still it was worth it.
Wow you guys are motivating me right now. I gave IELTS 3 times, and CELPIP 3 times and still struggling with reading and writing. I living in Canada for 5 years and still can’t get through this stupid tests. I was so upset that I still have to prove that I can right an essay and a letter even after being in Canada and working for many years in professional work environment where I send emails and letters thousand times.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Guys what should I do??
I just got CELPIP result and its same as last time. This time I paid extra for express rating, but my CRS still the same.
If I want to use the old CELPIP score and not the new one, can I do that??
And I feel there is system error- 3 times CELPIP and I got same score for writing and speaking.
So hopeless
I’m sorry to say this but there is no flaw in their system. It isn’t a scam, as some say. The points we get are the points we earn. A re-evaluation might change it a point or two but we get what we earn.

I sat the celpip exam twice. I was tri-lingual as a child. I honestly don’t know what my first language was. English was one of the three. I’m a Canadian college graduate. This was going to be easy, right? I walked out of the 1st one thinking I aced it. The score said differently. L12, R12, S11, W8. 8?!?! In writing?! I write for a living. A re-evaluation did nothing. The 8 was there to stay.

So I sat the Celpip test again, and again paid for express rating. I’d be happy if I got a 10 in all. I need max as I have 0 for age. Score came in. R12, L12, W10 (YAY!!), S9.... excuse me?! After two weeks I paid for a re-evaluation again and got my 11 back.

The reading and listening is all about focus. The writing is knowing how to answer and vocabulary. Speaking is all about vocabulary and clearly voicing (that’s not the same as screaming, but at least not mumbling) using the correct word and complexity of words. Not repeating the same word over and over. Using synonyms instead. (Same in writing).

There are several YouTube videos on celpip tests. Don’t go for celpip’s own YouTube channel. It was of no real help at all. I found this guy’s channel (linked below) being way more helpful as he goes through HOW to analyze the question for the correct answer.

Pay for the practice tests. (They can’t be shared) DON’T read the answers before you answer. I was disheartened when I first worked with the practice tests. My scores were horribly bad. But I carried on. And I did manage to get max CLB after 2 sittings and 2 reevaluations. It is 100% doable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUeS2Jmgiu0OFaTeRqkuXtw

Rose1207

Jul 8, 2019
Omg thank you so much!!!! I thought I am the one struggling. I will again send for re-eval for writing 7 and speaking 8. (Hope they get increased) just in Celpip those two are trouble. In IELTS I got 8.5 in speaking
I also watched that Celpip video on YouTube and it wasn’t a help. I will go over that link and hope it works for me as well. You really have gave the right guidance. Thank you.

I’m sorry to say this but there is no flaw in their system. It isn’t a scam, as some say. The points we get are the points we earn. A re-evaluation might change it a point or two but we get what we earn.

I sat the celpip exam twice. I was tri-lingual as a child. I honestly don’t know what my first language was. English was one of the three. I’m a Canadian college graduate. This was going to be easy, right? I walked out of the 1st one thinking I aced it. The score said differently. L12, R12, S11, W8. 8?!?! In writing?! I write for a living. A re-evaluation did nothing. The 8 was there to stay.

So I sat the Celpip test again, and again paid for express rating. I’d be happy if I got a 10 in all. I need max as I have 0 for age. Score came in. R12, L12, W10 (YAY!!), S9.... excuse me?! After two weeks I paid for a re-evaluation again and got my 11 back.

The reading and listening is all about focus. The writing is knowing how to answer and vocabulary. Speaking is all about vocabulary and clearly voicing (that’s not the same as screaming, but at least not mumbling) using the correct word and complexity of words. Not repeating the same word over and over. Using synonyms instead. (Same in writing).

There are several YouTube videos on celpip tests. Don’t go for celpip’s own YouTube channel. It was of no real help at all. I found this guy’s channel (linked below) being way more helpful as he goes through HOW to analyze the question for the correct answer.

Pay for the practice tests. (They can’t be shared) DON’T read the answers before you answer. I was disheartened when I first worked with the practice tests. My scores were horribly bad. But I carried on. And I did manage to get max CLB after 2 sittings and 2 reevaluations. It is 100% doable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUeS2Jmgiu0OFaTeRqkuXtw
ng

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Omg thank you so much!!!! I thought I am the one struggling. I will again send for re-eval for writing 7 and speaking 8. (Hope they get increased) just in Celpip those two are trouble. In IELTS I got 8.5 in speaking
I also watched that Celpip video on YouTube and it wasn’t a help. I will go over that link and hope it works for me as well. You really have gave the right guidance. Thank you.

ng
You are most welcome.
The test isn’t just how good a command you have of the English language. It has Canadian cultural aspects baked in to it. Do you think and reason like a Canadian? As much as you want to show off angus he skills it’s also how you can logically use the language.

If you need to translate English to another language in your head, then you do have a problem. Don’t translate. Think in English when you do the test. It helps seeing the logic behind it.

Reactions: Rose1207

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Let's start predictions

24th July Draw
3350 ITAs = 459-460
3500+ ITAs= 458-459
3900+ ITAs= 457-458

But, things could change if draw happens today (less chance of happening).
Draw today will drop CRS to 457 with 3350 ITAs.
With 3900 CRS may drop to 455-456.
But if this happens today it is not good for the profiles below 455 since there is a high chance of another 3 weeks gaps afterwards.
3 weeks gap will allow OINP candidates to increase their score and jump to high 600+. Therefore, personally I feel 2 week gap draws with increased ITAs is the best for all.