+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 121st Draw

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Hey guys, there have been some changes to the OINP.. I think I was ineligible for the work experience as my experience wasn't in the last 5 years as per the requirement. As per the requirement it says, "Previously, an applicant’s work experience was assessed as of the date that an applicant received a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario. From now on, the program officers will assess work experience as of the date of application. In effect, this will give more applicants a chance to obtain a coveted OINP nomination because they will have up to 45 additional days to accrue at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or equivalent part-time work experience."

Does this mean I can now claim my one year work experience that was gained between July 2014 and July 2015? This could be a blessing in disguise!! @NikSharma01 @13nitinsharma @Punitsingh
Sorry bro, no idea:rolleyes:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey guys, there have been some changes to the OINP.. I think I was ineligible for the work experience as my experience wasn't in the last 5 years as per the requirement. As per the requirement it says, "Previously, an applicant’s work experience was assessed as of the date that an applicant received a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario. From now on, the program officers will assess work experience as of the date of application. In effect, this will give more applicants a chance to obtain a coveted OINP nomination because they will have up to 45 additional days to accrue at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or equivalent part-time work experience."

Does this mean I can now claim my one year work experience that was gained between July 2014 and July 2015? This could be a blessing in disguise!! @NikSharma01 @13nitinsharma @Punitsingh
Yes, you can claim your one year experience that you mentioned (July 2014 to July 2015). If you read the Ontario application guide, it's clearly mentioned if you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, you must provide documentation clearly demonstrating that:

• you have at least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience, or the equivalent in paid part-time work experience, within the last five years before the date of submitting your application to the OINP,
• your work experience was in the same NOC occupation as your primary NOC listed in your Express Entry profile.

http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_hcp.pdf

Reactions: NikSharma01

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Well..what you're saying would be an understandable position if the person in question, has always had or currently has an intention to live in Canada but it has always been the second choice. After all, PR isn't a right but a privilege offered to those who intend to live in the country.

Having said that, I find it hard to believe that life in one country offers a perfect subsitute for life in another. For example, if I have always wanted to immigrate to the UK but my current attempts to immigrate have failed, I can't see how applying for PR to Australia will subsitute for the life I had intended to live in the UK. After all, they are two different countries.

Relocating to another country isn't as simple as a game of dice and involves considering numerous factors. Anyways, I was just asking a general question. I don't intend to pass judgements on what other people do with their lives.
First, if you have been to both countries you will notice how similar English speaking Canada is to America. And I genuinely don’t have other options.

Second, Canadian and Mexican citizens can directly go to the US and work thanks to North America trade deals, which is my intended eventual pathway back here.

Reactions: jamlabhai

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
My score is 436. Any chances of score dropping this year?

WES has made a mistake in the report. It has evaluated 2 degrees but mentioned only one in the summary which is why I can’t claim points for 2 or more certificates.

I will be able to do it only when the report is rectified. Till then sitting with 436
Don’t wanna discourage you, but you need to be more realistic. Honestly I don’t see this point happening in any immediate future.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Finally, the ‘D-Day’ has come again. It’s time to re-unite again and celebrate the day.

Like I say always on every draw day - Undoubtedly, today's draw will bring some kind of excitement, anxiety and hopes for many of us since everyone is waiting for FST draw from the last 14 days!
  • Congratulations in advance to those who've equal & above 459 score, it's their time to celebrate today :)
  • Good luck to those who've 458 score, they might be picked up today too:)
  • Patience to those who've 456-457 score, they can expect their turns in the next round :)
  • A Big salute to those who've 455 score & below, they're the real fighters and they don't need any motivation since they're self-motivated and will never quit until they WIN :)
PREDICTION FOR TODAY:

ITA’s: 3,350

CRS: 459-461

ITA’s: 3,500

ITA’s: 3,750
CRS: 458-460

ITA’s: 3,900
CRS: 457-459

Good Luck Everyone!!

JovitaSoares

Aug 6, 2014
Hello, welcome to the forum.

I don’t mean to be negative but with 440 score it could be a wait, maybe a never ending one. Historically, I believe score dropped below 440 only once in recent couple years. The score has been hovering in the 450s, with the last 3 invitations being 470, 465, 462.

So to answer your question, your chances as it is on the EE pool is slim. Yes, if you get selected for OINP please do apply as it will give you much needed boost for your score.

Some things to consider:
1. Is it possible for you to improve your CRS score from language? This is typically the easiest way.
2. What is your highest level of study? Maybe with another diploma you can get more competitive score.
3. What does your agent advise you to do? Just submit your profile and sit in the pool? If yes, reconsider using another agent or not at all as this does not help you at all.

Good luck and I’m sure other seniors and members of this forum will be glad to give in their 0.02 cents.
Thx for your response.

Yes i agree, but with best IELTS Score our score can reach only up-to 445 only.
Let me start preparing for that.

ramank22787

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-07-2019
Finally, the ‘D-Day’ has come again. It’s time to re-unite again and celebrate the day.

Like I say always on every draw day - Undoubtedly, today's draw will bring some kind of excitement, anxiety and hopes for many of us since everyone is waiting for FST draw from the last 14 days!
  • Congratulations in advance to those who've equal & above 459 score, it's their time to celebrate today :)
  • Good luck to those who've 458 score, they might be picked up today too:)
  • Patience to those who've 456-457 score, they can expect their turns in the next round :)
  • A Big salute to those who've 455 score & below, they're the real fighters and they don't need any motivation since they're self-motivated and will never quit until they WIN :)
PREDICTION FOR TODAY:

ITA’s: 3,350

ITA’s: 3,500

ITA’s: 3,750
CRS: 458-460

ITA’s: 3,900
CRS: 457-459

Good Luck Everyone!!
Thanks for sharing Nitin, do you think range for 3500 and 3350 should be different, or is it correct? Just meant that when the ITA increased range should come down right for 3500?

SimAneja

Aug 15, 2018
Hi Folks....how many of you sitting at office with no mood to work. Here comes another day.
From yesterday itself, mood is like this only.. Waiting at 458 and have very less hopes of getting it picked today. But still, those little hopes only playing with my mind and not allowing to focus on single line of code.

mmkaur1087

May 7, 2019
From yesterday itself, mood is like this only.. Waiting at 458 and have very less hopes of getting it picked today. But still, those little hopes only playing with my mind and not allowing to focus on single line of code.
Hopefully u will be picked today