+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Don't go,
coz you have 2 moduiles

Dont go for revaluation. try again if you want. The reason is your other two modules are high. When a candidate has two modules higher, but 1 module is low with 2 point difference they automatically re verify.
Trust me Buddy don't go coz its a waste. I know your feeling .. i had the same issue. was stuck at 6.5. Re-evaluation changed nothing. Only best shot is a good 1 weeks prep. write more words. like essay i wrote 300 words. see youtube video.
@Dheana90 I think that if you feel really really confident that your writing was worth a 7 then go for it. I got L:8.5 R: 8.5 W:6.5 S:7 on my first attempt and asked for a revaluation because I felt I have done well at writing. Meanwhile, I registered for a second exam and prepared myself for retaking it.

One day before my second attempt they contacted me to tell me that the indeed were wrong and that my writing was corrected to 7 (I presented the second exam anyway since I had already paid for it; the only difference was that I got 9 in reading). When you ask for a revaluation it's done by a completely different professor who doesn't know what your original score was. Plus if it turns out that they were wrong and your score is adjusted, they'll give you back the money you paid for the revaluation.

Of course, there's always the risk that your score doesn't change, but if you feel really confident about your writing I would suggest going for it and prepare another test meanwhile. There's always the risk to mess up another band in a second attempt, and if you were short just for .5 in this attempt I think it's worth trying it (as long as you truly feel that your writing was worth a 7).

Good luck!

Reactions: Dheana90

tonyzz

Apr 28, 2019
Anyone can give suggestions on improving IETLS writing to get 7? I have tired for many times and my writing only stay around 6-6.5....so sad

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Anyone can give suggestions on improving IETLS writing to get 7? I have tired for many times and my writing only stay around 6-6.5....so sad
if you did IDP IELTS they usually provide feedback did you check that feedback ?

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please how did you manage to get 9in listening and reading? Can you help me out with some tips or materials please i am writing next week
Hey dear, I just kept on practicing. I do practice from the IELTS 12 book that IDP sent me and some random IELTS listening videos on youtube. I usually get 39-40 from the practices I've done. If I get wrong answer, I usually listen to the recording again to try to understand why I get it wrong. Additionally, read the questions properly and kinda guess what could be the answer. Then listen to understand the conversation not only to listen for answer as the sentence in the question won't be exactly the same as in listening. For example, in the answer option, it say Monday to Friday mornings, but in the recording, you will hear 9 a.m on weekdays.

In reading, personally, I'm good at skimming words. I read the questions first and just skim through the passage to find the answer and u might already know that in Reading, the answers are in order, so if you find the first answer in 1 paragraph, the Q.2 answer will be in the next paragraph...So you don't have skim the first one to find answer for Q.2 That's all I did, dear..

Reactions: NikSharma01

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
this sentence is indicative of why you are stuck on 6, which is quite generous. you need to completely rewrite this to get to a 7 or 7.5

Reactions: Punitsingh

caeepr

Jan 12, 2019
When multiple people have minimum crs score in a draw. Then person who submitted his/her profile earlier gets an ITA & that person's profile time and date becomes the tie breaker time.
If anybody has submitted the profile and updates it after few days, is it the initial date of submission considered or the updated one?

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@Dheana90 I think that if you feel really really confident that your writing was worth a 7 then go for it. I got L:8.5 R: 8.5 W:6.5 S:7 on my first attempt and asked for a revaluation because I felt I have done well at writing. Meanwhile, I registered for a second exam and prepared myself for retaking it.

One day before my second attempt they contacted me to tell me that the indeed were wrong and that my writing was corrected to 7 (I presented the second exam anyway since I had already paid for it; the only difference was that I got 9 in reading). When you ask for a revaluation it's done by a completely different professor who doesn't know what your original score was. Plus if it turns out that they were wrong and your score is adjusted, they'll give you back the money you paid for the revaluation.

Of course, there's always the risk that your score doesn't change, but if you feel really confident about your writing I would suggest going for it and prepare another test meanwhile. There's always the risk to mess up another band in a second attempt, and if you were short just for .5 in this attempt I think it's worth trying it (as long as you truly feel that your writing was worth a 7).

Good luck!
Thank you, dear and Yes, I've requested for EOR already and will book my next test soon :)

Reactions: greenboymx

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I got an 8 in writing. I wrote about 350 words for part A and close to 600 words for part B. Kept it simple and added my own personal views to the topic given.

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I think the writing part is much more subjective in terms of how it is marked. I got three 9s and a 7 for writing which was a ‘disappointing’ surprise. I should have got it remarked but didn’t think I needed to. Those extra points would come in handy now!