+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Any specific reason for asking about my migration plans!?
saw you were active here and tried so many ways to immigrant here.

just curious what is the reason others people want to migrate

I personally from Hong Kong and HK is too stressful and small space

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Don't go,
coz you have 2 moduiles

Dont go for revaluation. try again if you want. The reason is your other two modules are high. When a candidate has two modules higher, but 1 module is low with 2 point difference they automatically re verify.
Trust me Buddy don't go coz its a waste. I know your feeling .. i had the same issue. was stuck at 6.5. Re-evaluation changed nothing. Only best shot is a good 1 weeks prep. write more words. like essay i wrote 300 words. see youtube video.
Per my understanding, we can choose which section to re-evaluation. Dear @Dark_Night, please confirm this. Listening and Reading have fix answer anyway, so I don't think it will change. For Speaking and Writing is a 50:50 change because those 2 are mark by examiner. I have seen more and more people getting half a band or even 1 mark increase in Writing.

Your suggestion actually make me do not want to re-sit the test again because I don't know whether I can get the same score in Listening and Reading again. What if I get difficult test queations next time and resulted in decrease in all modules? :D:D:D

Last edited:

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto
Don't go,
coz you have 2 moduiles

Dont go for revaluation. try again if you want. The reason is your other two modules are high. When a candidate has two modules higher, but 1 module is low with 2 point difference they automatically re verify.
Trust me Buddy don't go coz its a waste. I know your feeling .. i had the same issue. was stuck at 6.5. Re-evaluation changed nothing. Only best shot is a good 1 weeks prep. write more words. like essay i wrote 300 words. see youtube video.
I had 8.5 in one module and 6.5 in writing. I asked for a remark of that section and got bumped up, but I knew my writing was worth at least a 7 based on the band descriptors.

Reactions: Dheana90

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto
Per my understanding, we can choose which section to re-evaluation. Listening and Reading have fix answer anyway, so I don't think it will change. For Speaking and Writing is a 50:50 change because those 2 are mark by examiner. I have seen more and more people getting half a band or even 1 mark increase in Writing.

Your suggestion actually make me do not want to re-sit the test again because I don't know whether I can get the same score in Listening and Reading again. What if I get difficult test queations next time and resulted in decrease in all modules? :D:D:D
Ask for rewrite and resit the exam, that way you have the best chances of getting that 7 in W.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I know about that but unfornately my recent IELTS result was not up to the mark.

Anyways, that's too close for you man. You know what you don't have to worry anymore. Because you've pretty much high chances of getting an ITA in the first draw of July. Good luck for that!

Haha.. I can understand that dear. May God blesses your batteries of strength an extension Or with non-drainable batteries! :D

BTW, if I were the examiner, looking at your performance in other modules, I would simply give you .5 to 1 band in Writing post the revaluation request. ;)
So, you've pretty good chances of getting an improvement.
Yes. Amen to that. Hopefully I will get that 0.5

and YES. I wish you were my Writing examiner, dear..:D:D

Reactions: NikSharma01

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hi guys,

As promised. I'm back. I just got sms of my CD IELTS result 15mins ago. My result is 9L/9R/8S/6.5W. Should I go for revaluation? I know I don't have enough time to practise for writing but I thought I would get atleast 7.
I had L9 R8 S7.5 & W6.5 I went for rechecking and my score now is L9 R8 S7.5 W7. So according to me go for revaluation. They will refund your fee if your score gets an increase.

I know that they automatically double check if there is a difference of two bands. But in case of revaluation they send your test to their head office for rechecking.

Good luck!!!

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I had L9 R8 S7.5 & W6.5 I went for rechecking and my score now is L9 R8 S7.5 W7. So according to me go for revaluation. They will refund your fee if your score gets an increase.

I know that they automatically double check if there is a difference of two bands. But in case of revaluation they send your test to their head office for rechecking.

Good luck!!!
Thank you for your valuable input,dear. I'm more confident now and will definitely ask for EOR.

Reactions: Angel1113

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Don't go,
coz you have 2 moduiles

Difference in my case was 2.5 bands, still rechecking increased the score, so go for it

Reactions: Angel1113

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Thank you dear. Yeah, I feel so down now. Finding time to practise is impossible these days if u have hyper active toddler,hahaha..

Yes. I think I should go for revaluation. But I will book test again in 3weeks or so as well, just in case the score does not change after revaluation.

I was actually worried about my speaking though, because I was unwell and stop a bit during discussion in part 3 because I couldn't generate good ideas. But surprisingly, I got 8.
You can opt for re-evaluation. If your score changes, you get your re-evaluation fees refunded. Isn't that great?

Reactions: star88 and Dheana90