+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
I was under the impression that the draws are every 2 weeks on a wednesday.

Fingers crossed!

How easy has it been for you guys to ask for employer's letter? I am very afraid my employer would not give me if i mentioned i needed it to apply for Pr ...

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Why did u say so? Even without out the system maintenance notice not popping up at this time?

It has already been established in this thread, that there is no correlation between a maintenance notice/period and a draw.

Why I said Wednesday, because, this week, though a maintenance was there on Tuesday, draw did not take place on Wednesday. However, coming Wednesday will be the 14th day from the previous draw and generally draws happen after 14 days on Wednesdays.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I was under the impression that the draws are every 2 weeks on a wednesday.

Fingers crossed!

How easy has it been for you guys to ask for employer's letter? I am very afraid my employer would not give me if i mentioned i needed it to apply for Pr ...
They are generally held every 2 weeks on Wednesday, sometimes they do a draw after a week, which is called a back to back draw, a B2B decreases the CRS, and sometimes they do a draw after 3 weeks on Wednesday, which increases the CRS.

On some random days, they conduct a draw on Monday's, but that happens rarely.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I just hope they increase no. Of ITA in this draw & cut off stays between 459-461.

Reactions: Maddy1150

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Reactions: WantToImmigrate

Pakchikpak

Dec 12, 2018
PCC is valid for 6 months only. If you are sure of getting ITA in next draw then only you should go for proactively. IRCC usually takes 6 months processing application and if your PCC expires you will be requested a new one. Further delay in application.
This is incorrect. Your PCC and all other documents have to be valid at the time of AOR, not six months after also. Also the processing time can be anything more than 6 months also.

crjusuf

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Indonesia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
PCC is valid for 6 months only. If you are sure of getting ITA in next draw then only you should go for proactively. IRCC usually takes 6 months processing application and if your PCC expires you will be requested a new one. Further delay in application.
If you’re an Express Entry candidate
You have 60 days to submit your police certificate. Avoid delays by starting your police check as soon as you’re in the pool.

Get more detail about police certificates for Express Entry.”

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.”

Although your post has some valid points, however the instructions on IRCC website states that EE candidates should start getting their PCC as soon as they are in the pool. Some countries put expiry date, they will still be accepted if above conditions are met although VO may or may not ask for a new one later.

Don’t forget to get non french/english documents translated, certified and accompanied with affidavit.

I think they’re more concerned about applicants getting their documents submitted within the 60 days and that the PCC should be valid when they submit the e-APR and not when they make the final decision on the PR visa/status.

Reactions: merlz

merlz

May 25, 2019
Dear All,
Need your help please for NOC code confirmation. I work in a banking firm and confused between NOC 1122 and 1114. Does anyone have a similar profile, if yes which NOC have you chosen ?

Since May 2014
Senior Compliance Analyst - Compliance and Control
· Supporting the yearly execution of the enterprise wide compliance risk assessment (EWCRA) as per defined timelines, assessed final output of previous year and incorporate deliverables into the current year plan and track progress of remedial actions including updating of compliance manuals related to CRA using best practices to provide visibility and transparency of status and issues in the CRA process thus ensuring smooth flow of the process
· Leading the platform testing process and execution testing of test scripts for various technical requirements which includes UAT testing (end to end) and preparing tactical user stories for various changes to be done in the CRA Tool.
· Actively engaged in Quality Assurance (QA) process, reporting and all the adhoc requests facilitated by the stakeholders.
· Generating and preparing of CRA Business results for all senior stakeholders
· Analyzing control gaps to identify the function related Gaps affecting the business, rules analysis for various policies related to various regulations.
· Preparing Training decks for various respondents and QA reviewers to get a better understanding of the process and CRA tool.
· Calculating and aggregating the conduct risk key risk frameworks for various policy risk to themes mapping.
· Assisting in the RCSA and CMRA calculation for Protiviti Risk Assessment business unit alignment

My Academic profile as per WES:
a) Bachelor degree of 4 years
b) Post Graduate Diploma of 1 year

P.S. I strongly feel its 1122 but suggestions will be helpful.

Last edited:

Ican2019

Jun 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
They are generally held every 2 weeks on Wednesday, sometimes they do a draw after a week, which is called a back to back draw, a B2B decreases the CRS, and sometimes they do a draw after 3 weeks on Wednesday, which increases the CRS.

On some random days, they conduct a draw on Monday's, but that happens rarely.
Not witnessed draws on mondays in 2019. Monday draws happened long time ago.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
This is incorrect. Your PCC and all other documents have to be valid at the time of AOR, not six months after also. Also the processing time can be anything more than 6 months also.
No, I had first hand experience . My friend was asked for new PCC. Your IELTS and Age is locked at AOR, rest documents can expire and may be requested new most common is people get remedial requests as they expire.

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
If you’re an Express Entry candidate
You have 60 days to submit your police certificate. Avoid delays by starting your police check as soon as you’re in the pool.

Get more detail about police certificates for Express Entry.”

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.”

Although your post has some valid points, however the instructions on IRCC website states that EE candidates should start getting their PCC as soon as they are in the pool. Some countries put expiry date, they will still be accepted if above conditions are met although VO may or may not ask for a new one later.

Don’t forget to get non french/english documents translated, certified and accompanied with affidavit.

I think they’re more concerned about applicants getting their documents submitted within the 60 days and that the PCC should be valid when they submit the e-APR and not when they make the final decision on the PR visa/status.

This is what is worrying me right now. I am afraid I cannot get my police clearance in time and get rejected for my PR :(