+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
When will CRS drop to 458?

It’s very difficult to predict approximate scores right now as May 29th draw has turned the tables against us. Who would have thought that CRS would rise to 470 from 450 in just 4 weeks?

It’s also very difficult to guess next cut-off since it’s impossible to determine what is the next trick up CIC’s sleeve. We can draw all kinds of tables and charts and try to guess the next cut-off, but chances are that they will be off by a huge margin.

If they continue to conduct bi-weekly draws with same # of ITA’s your turn can come up as soon as next month, if they increase the # of ITA’s you could see an ITA in the very next draw. Or, the opposite might happen if they reduce ITA’s or don’t conduct draws regularly. I hope you get my point, no one can predict or guess what’s going to happen in next draw, it’s very ambiguous and it’s best to wait out your turn instead of panicking.

I’m hoping for the best, not only for myself and you, but for people sitting at 440’s as well. I really, really, really hope that CIC increases the # of ITA’s going forward.

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Question about indian PCC. I live in Texas and applied for Indian PCC at Houston.
They emailed me saying PVR (Police verification request) is not complete and would need to get clearance from RPO , Hyderabad.

Does anyone why why this happening and how much time it usually takes ?

BLACKPILL

Star Member
Jun 8, 2019

I'm 461, but I believe 462 will be the cut-off.
To reach 461, we need to clean more than 36 weeks of accumulated profiles, which is unrealistic in my opinion.

Note: This is considering a fairly uniform distribution in profiles between 461-470 range.

Update:
When I say 36 weeks on Jun 26th to reach 461, is about the pink part:
2 weeks of accumulated profiles for 470-1200 +
2 weeks of accumulated profiles for 469 +
2 weeks of accumulated profiles for 468 +
2 weeks of accumulated profiles for 467 +
2 weeks of accumulated profiles for 466 +
2 weeks of accumulated profiles for 465 +
8 weeks of accumulated profiles for 464 +
8 weeks of accumulated profiles for 463 +
8 weeks of accumulated profiles for 462 +
---------------------------------------------------------
= 36 weeks of profiles accumulated from 462-1200

The draw in Jun, 12th cleaned around 29±3 weeks of accumulated profiles. My prediction is based on this number and the uniform distribution of in that range (461-470).
The pile up is a vague idea and it looks scary! But we only had around 2500 left after June 12th draw. 2500 people or 8 weeks of carryover, the latter sounds more scary. Look at the numbers and your ranking in the pool! It helps better

Mutchas

Jun 13, 2019
The pile up is a vague idea and it looks scary! But we only had around 2500 left after June 12th draw. 2500 people or 8 weeks of carryover, the latter sounds more scary. Look at the numbers and your ranking in the pool! It helps better
It's scary, I agree. But the only thing that avoided the score to go lower than 465 last draw was exactly the combination of piled profiles and inflow of high score candidates...
I'm really hoping to be wrong

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
No maintenance notice yet. Isn't it usually up by friday night? :confused:

BLACKPILL

Star Member
Jun 8, 2019
It's scary, I agree. But the only thing that avoided the score to go lower than 465 last draw was exactly the combination of piled profiles and inflow of high score candidates...
I'm really hoping to be wrong
Think about it this way, even with a higher influx of 460+ candidates, the CRS point decreased by 5 points! If I follow your logic the point should still be at 470. I doubt this influx is constant for future so I believe it should reach 450s by the middle of September. One thing to bare in mind is the PNP or Skilled worker draw potentially could happen at the end of September, and that could lead to another surge of CRS points. However according to last year's schedule after September the draws will continue till early next year without disturbance. I am counting on my 456 to be drawn by the first draw of September.

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
So what's the final consensus? Predicted scores?

I finally get my ECA on 4th July - which means I'll lose 5 points and my score will come down to 452 once I enter the pool. My husband refuses to retake his ielts. If he does and he gets a CLB10, our score will jump to 461 till 13th July and then down to 457. He's being super stubborn about it so I guess we'll be at 452.. Any chance that score can make it soon enough?

EESH

Apr 16, 2019
Maintenance notice is not up!
Holiday on Monday.
Are we going for a 3 week draw...
Don't worry, the draw will come.

We shouldn't focus too much on the maintenance notice, of course everyone tries to make some predictions, but the most logical explanation is that it has nothing to do with the draws.

As a fun-fact, some time ago people thought that if there is a notice, there will be NO draw. See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/draws-pattern-know-when-there-will-be-a-draw.480148/#post-5995365

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Don't worry, the draw will come.

We shouldn't focus too much on the maintenance notice, of course everyone tries to make some predictions, but the most logical explanation is that it has nothing to do with the draws.

As a fun-fact, some time ago people thought that if there is a notice, there will be NO draw. See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/draws-pattern-know-when-there-will-be-a-draw.480148/#post-5995365
Great piece of information!
I also believe that a site/system can’t be so rubbish in today’s technology, that someone has to bring the complete system down , just to select 3350 top candidates from database. This is very simple and regular excercise which can be done while system is up.
System must be brought down for some enhancements only not for a regular exercise like draw.

So maintenance notice have no link with draw, conducting a draw should be inbuilt feature of website (just a single click) without bringing it down

Let’s see

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Yeah..here the problem is i am the branch manager and my zonal manager is not willing to provide me reference.
And i am stuck.
You can ask for the experience letter. Write to the Central Office / Head Office. If its a Govt. PSU, you need to keep acknowledgements / receipts of your request for follow up, because of the way they work.

Reactions: star88

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I can give letter as reference is just to verify the roles and responsibilities but to my subordinates. But to another branch manager i can, in my power ,but is it valid with ircc?
IRCC will verify that you are an employee or not once you have submitted your profile. I would encourage you to submit the reference letter by your colleague (which should be on an official letterhead with his contact information and credentials) along with other proof's that I had mentioned earlier.

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
Yeah it is required but only if you get it from hr or ur manager. But m asking about alternative where senior or same scale colleague comes in?
You can take references from your seniors / collegues on plain paper, and get it notarised to prove it is genuine. Also, do take their visiting cards & copy of company ID.

Reactions: star88