+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

KMB2C2019

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Yes. First step is to get NOI from the province in your CIC account. Then, you submit your application at their ePortal and your file is assesed followed by ‘Decision in Progress’ stage and finally approved.

Once it is approved, you get 600 additional points in your EE profile.
How long does the assessment take typically? 1-2 months?

sarak1812

May 21, 2019
Glad i saw this since i was a total newbie in immigration policies.

So my birthday is in early Feb.
And my score will be 455 on 20 Aug.
So if i can get an ITA in September (or even October) i suppose everything would be fine 'cause i have enough time to upload necessary documents, most of which would have been ready in August. Then i can reach the eAPR stage safely before the end of January and the score would be locked by then. Is my understanding correct? According to viki1805, "They are locked at the time of eAPR, not the ITA."

If eAPR passes my birthday in 2020, i know i have no hope anymore ... really envy you young people.
I don't understand your reason to worry.
lets say worst case (i really hope not) but you get ITA in October and you gather and submit your documents and the fees by end of November or worst case again by first week of December

you will get AOR right away and your file will be locked for further review.
Then whats the problem ?

The day you submit your e-APR that same day you get AOR then whats wrong ?

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey guys,

I'm back. I jusy want to share my experience with CD IELTS test I took few hours ago. Overall, it was great experience. I prefer it more than Paper based one. Listening and Reading are much easier for me,personally as answers are automatically saved.

In Listening, only need to write one or two words for form completion and note completion. For MCQs (single and multiple answer/s), just need to tick/click the (A,B,C box), I got flow chart and matching questions which required me just to drag the answers to the question box. I didn't get map questions.

Reading section is almost the same as Listening. Passages/Paragraphs are on the same page as questions. Unlike on Paper based. Most of the passages will be on one page and the questions is on another page which I find really annoying. Required only little writing. For which I just copy paste the words from the passage to the answer box( helped with spelling errors) :D and in True-False questions just need to tick/click in the chosen box and the same for the MCQs.

For Writing, as you guys might already know that there is a word count on the bottom of the screen so that's a plus. Task 1 topic was to write a letter for a friend in another countey who is moving to your country and will be living near your neighbourhood and asked you about local school for their children. 1. Write about the size and location of school, 2. Facilities.3 why is it good for their children. Task 2 topic was about historic buildings around the world in danger of being damage or destroy. What are main dangers and how can those building be protected, so I guess it was problems solutions tyoe essay.

All in all, I would say that for those who are hesitant to do the CD IELTS, they should give it a try. Especially those who are worried about their writing. I am not a fast typer myself but I still manage to finish both tasks 5 mins early to check for spelling errors and editing.

And, only 3 of us did the test in IDP Jalandhar test centre and oh I asked other candidates about some questions in each sections and I found out that all of us got different topics, even in Reading and Listening :eek::eek:

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Guys need an expert opinion here.

My CRS score is 450 if i include my spouse, and it is 458 if I do not.

Also I do have a valid reason with proof for leaving my spouse behind. Please let me know what I should do? Should I wait for the next draw and then decide (or) can i go ahead and create the EE profile for myself as the primary without including spouse.

Kinda worried . Pls suggest.
No worry, pal.

For instance, me, i gotta leave my spouse behind, i have no choice ...

You are not alone. 458 stands a very good chance, me only 455 in August.

Reactions: Herlo

gursimran walia

May 29, 2019
i m at 462 with birthday on 24 july.i think i will be able to get in 10 july draw but is it possible to submit a o r in 13 days. i already have police certificate ready but funds and medical will take time

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm back. I jusy want to share my experience with CD IELTS test I took few hours ago. Overall, it was great experience. I prefer it more than Paper based one. Listening and Reading are much easier for me,personally as answers are automatically saved.

In Listening, only need to write one or two words for form completion and note completion. For MCQs (single and multiple answer/s), just need to tick/click the (A,B,C box), I got flow chart and matching questions which required me just to drag the answers to the question box. I didn't get map questions.

Reading section is almost the same as Listening. Passages/Paragraphs are on the same page as questions. Unlike on Paper based. Most of the passages will be on one page and the questions is on another page which I find really annoying. Required only little writing. For which I just copy paste the words from the passage to the answer box( helped with spelling errors) :D and in True-False questions just need to tick/click in the chosen box and the same for the MCQs.

For Writing, as you guys might already know that there is a word count on the bottom of the screen so that's a plus. Task 1 topic was to write a letter for a friend in another countey who is moving to your country and will be living near your neighbourhood and asked you about local school for their children. 1. Write about the size and location of school, 2. Facilities.3 why is it good for their children. Task 2 topic was about historic buildings around the world in danger of being damage or destroy. What are main dangers and how can those building be protected, so I guess it was problems solutions tyoe essay.

All in all, I would say that for those who are hesitant to do the CD IELTS, they should give it a try. Especially those who are worried about their writing. I am not a fast typer myself but I still manage to finish both tasks 5 mins early to check for spelling errors and editing.

And, only 3 of us did the test in IDP Jalandhar test centre and oh I asked other candidates about some questions in each sections and I found out that all of us got different topics, even in Reading and Listening :eek::eek:
Hey dear,

Glad to know that you had a great experience today! Thanks for sharing it along with us. After listening to your story it feels like I must also give it a try..

Yes, you're right. Task 2 was based on problems-solutions essay (which I told you previously to emphasis on).
Lol, Can we really do the copy-paste thing to write down our answers?:p
Moreover, On a serious note - are you sure all 3 of you had got different topics in each module?:confused:

Reactions: Dheana90

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I graduated in 2018 [Course years: 2013-2018], but have been working as a developer since 2016, and had setup a pvt ltd company whose I am a director and have been receiving funds in the company bank account since 2016. Client references and proof of income generated can be shown. From when should i calculate my foreign work experience, from 2018 or 2016?
If you were a Canadian student:
Self employed work experience while as a student and/or on a PGWP does not count towards work experience.

If your work experience is in another country, you should probably have articles of incorporation, accounts and invoices, taxes reports, etc.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey dear,

Glad to know that you had a great experience today! Thanks for sharing it along with us. After listening to your story it feels like I must also give it a try..

Yes, you're right. Task 2 was based on problems-solutions essay (which I told you previously to emphasis on).
Lol, Can we really do the copy-paste thing to write down our answers?:p
Moreover, On a serious note - are you sure all 3 of you had got different topics in each module?:confused:
Yes,dear... Thank you so much for telling me about the problem-solution type essay. I practise more on that.

Yes. We can do Ctrl + C/V :D:D

And yes, one of the candidate got question about agree/disagree question I forgot the topic was and the other candidate got topic opinion question: More and more Kids own there own cell phones nowadays. Some people say this is a good thing and others disagree. What is your opinion about this?

Reactions: NikSharma01

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It is disappointing not to have a draw today
As I have posted on ROH 119 before and seeing no sign of draw happening today, I feel like CIC is trying to maintain in conducting 2 draws per month fron now on until the end of year. If they really have a target of issuing 90,000 ITAs this year then with the 13 draws left to go, they will have to issue approximately 3,900 ITAs per draw from this coming Wednesday if they really want to achieve the target. Currently, they had issued 38450 ITAs (2x3900 + 9x3350 + 500 FST) since January, so 51550 ITAs to go divided by 13 draws = 3965 ITAs. and if that the case then I think the round of invitation date will be:
June 26th
July 10th and 24th
August 7th and 21st
September 4 or 11 and 25th
October 9th and 23rd
November 6th and 20th
December 4th and 18th or 11th and 24th or 26th

Last edited: