Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Obligatory where is my ITA post? Jk
Anyone received their's yet?
Hope I made it, submitted my profile just yesterday, thanks to wes ☹

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
The mere fact that the person is marking the spouse as non accompanying for the sole purpose of getting an ITA amounts to misrepresentation. Their spouse intends to go to Canada and when they are marking them as non accompanying that too would amount to misrepresentation.

As you rightly said no one can predict about the decision that will be taken by VO. They might get an approval or their file will be rejected if it’s put under further scrutiny.

IMHO I think it’s better to wait for a few months and get an ITA with all personal circumstances accounted for. Other seniors have also recommended this on the other thread that I shared in my previous post.

Now if this person has a very good reason for non accompanying spouse then they are good to go, but I personally would not take that risk as I would wait for a month rather than start over again after AoR.
And this is why I am not a senior.. @Sindhuja Karthikeyan I never could thought of this.. Follow this person's advice

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019
Kudos, to the great people who predicted this cut off today, you did a great work. Pls can we get predictions for 26th June,and 10th July? Looking at the CRS distribution as at today..thanks

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
I don't know if you said so in jest, but the reason has to come from the applying individual. Yes, the application is done as if the dependants are accompanying and the proof of funds have to account for them as well. The videos were to defy the mill of myths surrounding non-accompanying spouse application and hear it from people with credibility.
Oh, I meant they will need to consult a lawyer to identify if the reason being stated by them would be accepted.

I fear that if many people start doing this then their applications might be scrutinised down the line.

By the way, did you hear of any rejections due to this?
Again, It isn't misrepresentation just because the spouse isn't accompanying. And it isn't misrepresentation either if you are just making him un-accompanying just because you want additional points.

However, they ll most likely ask you for a reason as to why is he/she not accompanying. And that's where it gets tricky.
You can't say that you did it for the extra points, which in case is the truth. Instead you 'd have to concoct a story to make them believe that he actually cannot accompany you.

This here is the definition of the term 'misrepresentation' according to CIC-

'When a person makes false statements, submits false information, submits false or altered documents, or withholds information relevant to their application to IRCC.'

As by concocting a story, you 'd be feeding them false info, you are surely committing misrepresentation. But to what extent and whether it ll be considered by the VO as misrepresentation, that's pretty much beyond guessing.

Thus, eventually, like everything else, it all boils down to one word, 'VO'.

If he's convinced, you shall pass. If he isn't you shall not.
Did she get ITA today?
She got it this afternoon i.e not in the draw. Instead, she had registered a grievance with CIC and the ITA was a result of that, after much going back and forth with them.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Again, It isn't misrepresentation just because the spouse isn't accompanying. And it isn't misrepresentation either if you are just making him un-accompanying just because you want additional points.

However, they ll most likely ask you for a reason as to why is he/she not accompanying. And that's where it gets tricky.
You can't say that you did it for the extra points, which in case is the truth. Instead you 'd have to concoct a story to make them believe that he actually cannot accompany you.

This here is the definition of the term 'misrepresentation' according to CIC-

'When a person makes false statements, submits false information, submits false or altered documents, or withholds information relevant to their application to IRCC.'

As by concocting a story, you 'd be feeding them false info, you are surely committing misrepresentation. But to what extent and whether it ll be considered by the VO as misrepresentation, that's pretty much beyond guessing.

Thus, eventually, like everything else, it all boils down to one word, 'VO'.

If he's convinced, you shall pass. If he isn't you shall not.

She got it this afternoon i.e not in the draw. Instead, she had registered a grievance with CIC and the ITA was a result of that, after much going back and forth with them.
Could you share how did she register the grievance.. it'd be helpful to others in case they need that info..