+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Something is better for nothing..seniors please add your views @13nitinsharma @WantToImmigrate @Not_Your_Donkey_Kong
Me.. a senior?.. No sir :D

No idea about time it takes to sponsor wife.. look around this forum and you'll surely find timelines and/or people who have done it..

About scores.. In short, Its a wait and watch..

The long answer - Its as simple as this.. its a pool.. rate of people incoming and outgoing, and their CRS scores matter.. No one can accurately predict what's going to happen.. and with all that's going on and all that's expected from this year; its really hard to say at this moment..

If I were you, I'd look at timelines, and if all circumstances would be in okay for leaving family in your home country for X time; then yes "Something is better than nothing"..

One more point to consider is the time it takes from getting an ITA to stamping on Passport.. I know people who have been waiting for about 220 days, which is not the worst case scenario.. I expect the score to drop to 447 in 220 days from now.. so think about the situation where you got an ITA and ur application is being processed, then the score drops to 447..

Furthermore, seniors - @SithLord @pessacanada can give you better advice.

Reactions: EnthuChap

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Okay so this might seem unprecedented and peculiar but this is a real thing that happened.

One of my friends entered EE with <450 points in the month of march. Sensing that she won't get an ITA soon nuff, she took the french exam and passed it. That raised her score to 470. She updated the score on 28th April. And the system reflected the new score promptly.

But guess what! Come May 1st draw, and she isn't picked up (the cut off was 450 then)!

She told me this, and I kept arguing with her that this isn't possible and that she might be mistaken, that the score might not have updated or she probably forgot to actually submit here profile after updating, but then she showed me the screenshots from that date (28 april) with her updated score.

This heckin' bamboozled me.
like HOW. IS. THIS. EVEN. POSSIBLE.
Does this happen often?
I mean it's totally okay if it was India and some armchair babu forgot to press the right button because he was intoxicated by his six cups of office 'chaaaiiiii' (and that the lady couldn't timely bring to the table 'ahem', a Sifaaarish :p), but come on, is the Canadian system also that unreliable? :/

Also, can a CSE be opened in this case? o_O
See, technically speaking.. reading your post, there must be some programmer would be losing his s*** right now..

Did she get it during draw on 29 May?

If the profile is active, I'd advise the candidate to wait for today's draw, and then report it to CIC's email for technical issues.. or give them a call.. I have no idea how their response is over email and calls..

If I were you, I'd check your friend's profile myself to see if there's any funny business going on..

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Something is better for nothing..seniors please add your views @13nitinsharma @WantToImmigrate @Not_Your_Donkey_Kong
Lol I am in no meaning of the term 'senior', a senior. Thanks for the consideration though haha.

As for your query, I don't really think it will amount to misrepresentation if you reapply as an applicant with a non accompanying spouse.
Can't be sure with what VO thinks though, but I don't think this should constitute as misrepresentation as technically you aren't misrepresenting anything. You have a spouse, you are declaring that truthfully.
Besides there isn't anything that makes it compulsory that if you have a spouse then he/she must accompany you!
Though as one of the members said earlier, he might ask you the reason for them non accompanying, and then you ll have to write explanation letters and all.

P.S - I AM IN NO WAY AN EXPERT ON ACCOMPANYING/NON-ACCOMPANYING SPOUSE CASES.
DON'T ACT ON THIS ADVICE UNLESS YOU CAN CORROBORATE THIS FROM ELSEWHERE.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
See, technically speaking.. reading your post, there must be some programmer would be losing his s*** right now..

Did she get it during draw on 29 May?

If the profile is active, I'd advise the candidate to wait for today's draw, and then report it to CIC's email for technical issues.. or give them a call.. I have no idea how their response is over email and calls..

If I were you, I'd check your friend's profile myself to see if there's any funny business going on..
No she didn't. I don't know why or how.
And yea, I did check her profile with my own eyes.
(I am a lawyer, I have suspicion imbued into my psyche. :p)

This must have arisen on account of some glitch in the system. A one off. But still, terrible. :mad:

lazarus

Star Member
May 21, 2019
NOC Code......
If your wife plan on moving to move to Canada with you tell her to forget about that extra experience as it will not help her there. Another piece of advice have her do the post grad course in Canada after getting PR.
Thanks canbnd for the suggestion!
1 year of Post Graduation studies is already done, and the course will be completed by July 2020. So can't drop out mid-way for pursuing a Canadian PG degree, which can happen after she moves to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: star88

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
Lol I am in no meaning of the term 'senior', a senior. Thanks for the consideration though haha.

As for your query, I don't really think it will amount to misrepresentation if you reapply as an applicant with a non accompanying spouse.
Can't be sure with what VO thinks though, but I don't think this should constitute as misrepresentation as technically you aren't misrepresenting anything. You have a spouse, you are declaring that truthfully.
Besides there isn't anything that makes it compulsory that if you have a spouse then he/she must accompany you!
Though as one of the members said earlier, he might ask you the reason for them non accompanying, and then you ll have to write explanation letters and all.

P.S - I AM IN NO WAY AN EXPERT ON ACCOMPANYING/NON-ACCOMPANYING SPOUSE CASES.
DON'T ACT ON THIS ADVICE UNLESS YOU CAN CORROBORATE THIS FROM ELSEWHERE.
The mere fact that the person is marking the spouse as non accompanying for the sole purpose of getting an ITA amounts to misrepresentation. Their spouse intends to go to Canada and when they are marking them as non accompanying that too would amount to misrepresentation.

As you rightly said no one can predict about the decision that will be taken by VO. They might get an approval or their file will be rejected if it’s put under further scrutiny.

IMHO I think it’s better to wait for a few months and get an ITA with all personal circumstances accounted for. Other seniors have also recommended this on the other thread that I shared in my previous post.

Now if this person has a very good reason for non accompanying spouse then they are good to go, but I personally would not take that risk as I would wait for a month rather than start over again after AoR.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
The mere fact that the person is marking the spouse as non accompanying for the sole purpose of getting an ITA amounts to misrepresentation. Their spouse intends to go to Canada and when they are marking them as non accompanying that too would amount to misrepresentation.

As you rightly said no one can predict about the decision that will be taken by VO. They might get an approval or their file will be rejected if it’s put under further scrutiny.

IMHO I think it’s better to wait for a few months and get an ITA with all personal circumstances accounted for. Other seniors have also recommended this on the other thread that I shared in my previous post.

Now if this person has a very good reason for non accompanying spouse then they are good to go, but I personally would not take that risk as I would wait for a month rather than start over again after AoR.
I am no expert either in non-accompanying spouse application. However, I have watched the views of licensed immigration consultants on making such application for the purpose of raising CRS. The key is to give a valid reason. The next question is what constitutes a valid reason? A reason as simple as economics is a genuine reason. There is no harm in applying solo but reason has to be justifiable.

Moreover, I personally know a person who made such application successfully, but what happened with him may be unheard of before. He received a call from Delhi VO asking him everything he had disclosed on his application. One of the question was on non-accompanying spouse, to which he responded with the same reason he had included in the eAPR.

Enclosing few links: