Ray of Hope - 119th Draw

johanex

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
29-06-2019
Well, I am also in the same boat. Reading these posts encouraged me to share my story in case it could lift up anyone's spirit (especially people sitting at 450s who are sounding too impatient and hopeless or someone who is struggling in language score. I apologize in advance for the longer post.

I have been following ROH since Nov-2017 (mostly silently) and have read numerous posts here be it negative or positive. And it won’t be wrong to say that ROH has played a key role in keeping me positive despite a few negative occasions. It is only because of a few good & appreciable people(@13nitinsharma , @NikSharma01 and many others before them) in every ROH thread who keep motivating others, including me. :)

Anyway, How it started for me?:

It was the golden year 2017 which motivated me to join this race, and I thought that I too stand a decent chance to be through. I calculated the potential CRS and found that the best I could easily reach to is 438. Very well, I said to myself, since the cut-off score that time was dipping even to 413s. So, Hell yeah! I am into it. Although I am having only bachelor’s degree, and my spouse is holding master’s, I dint thought to bother her with the IELTS thing, and thought I could deal with it alone. Without wasting any time, I gave my first IELTS attempt in Jan 2018 (assuming my English is good enough to write the exam straight away), and wallah! I wasn't much disappointed. I got L:8.5|R:9:S:8|but W:6.5. I imagined well it’s not gonna take long and 2018 could be my year. :) (oh man! I was so wrong). Overall, by the end of Jan-2018 I was sitting at 389.

One failure is nothing, let move on:

As you might guess my next step, was to book another slot, and this time too I got CLB10 in all the other module but CLB8 in W. ☹ another set back. Urggghhhh!!!!!

Ok. Ok. Let’s prepare a little bit. I spent next one month on W and felt confident enough to go one more time……. Any guesses???? Yeah. W was again 6.5.

By now, it was Jun-2018 and this IELTS thing took a huge toll on my confidence level. On several forums, I read that BC & IDP do it intentionally. I wanted to believe those stories cause it was easy to blame someone else for your own failures. Hahaha. But would it solve my problem. No way, I definitely need to pull myself together again. I decide to go through Wren n Martin, university paper writing and what not. Well I was ready once again. I told myself lets do it for the final time. This time I got CLB10 in R & L. CLB9 in S(I blame my lower confidence for this), but W again 6.5. What the f*%$^$%.

Should I aim a bit lower:

Ok. I must get over 400 CRS first to increase my PNP chances as the CIC cut-off was oscillating at 440s. I made one more attempt in Oct-2018 to score 7 in W. And this time, I got a 7 but in S ☹. W was again 6.5. Other 2 modules were again 8.5-9. I gave another thought to blame BC/IDP, and honestly I did it this time for a while to console myself a bit. but making further understanding about the expectations in W made me change my mind and I decide to leave it to Jan-2019. By this time, I lost 5 points to my Happy(not so happy btw!) B’day. I was literally cursing myself for not going for a 1 year diploma earlier and for not involving my spouse into it. In order to mend the damage done, I asked my wife to prepare and got myself enrolled in a 1 year diploma.

Final nail in the coffin:

Luckily, IDP has introduced CBT in India by Oct 2018 and being an IT guy, I was happy . I booked another slot. I was prepared more than ever, not for IELTS, but for unfavourable outcome. What else could be devastating than my previous results? I was only focused to give my best that’s all. I finished up L with a feeling that I got all of them correct. Now, it was R time. To my surprise, my test was finished in 35 mins. Wait, I must have missed an entire section. I checked again and found that I am done with R. Again with the feeling of getting all of them correct. Good going! I appreciated myself But now is the real test i.e. W. On computer I was able to finish W in 45 mins. I proof-read twice and thought I cant do any better than this. If this time result is negative, I will bid farewell to IELTS & PR dream.

I got the result after 5 days, I was sitting in a meeting in office when my phone’s message tone rang. It was L:9 | R:9 | W:7 | S:7.5.

F*** you IELTS, I cheered in my mind, but it seemed that everyone else in that meeting room read my thoughts by my expression. I was so happy to beat this demon with the hard work and never giveup attitude.

So, now I am sitting at 428. Hoping to get some PNP invite. But I guess now its time for OINP/SINP/MPNP….. to smirk at me.

But, I know one thing I am not gonna giveup on what I started. Not until I get it. It may take another year till I get additional education certificate to boost my score. I wish my spouse will get the CLB9 soon and all this may end soon.
Wow man, that's crazy.
I think we should just believe these stories about BC and IDP. My first test I had W6, the 2nd one was W6.5 then I stopped and booked TEF, I knew I would just keep wasting my money.

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wow man, that's crazy.
I think we should just believe these stories about BC and IDP. My first test I had W6, the 2nd one was W6.5 then I stopped and booked TEF, I knew I would just keep wasting my money.
Well. In short I learned that ielts W is more of a receipe than the just the knowledge of English.;) btw, I dint had any other choice than IELTS. Celpip is nowhere available in my vicinity. And French is not my cup of tea. :p

Reactions: johanex

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
First of all I just wanna say , to all the people who are disheartened that the draw did not happen yesterday, Cheer Up, You have no way of knowing what tomorrow will bring, but if you smile, you will breeze through it all. I won't give you any cliched advice like "god has a plan" and all that, Just believe in yourself, we can only dream, and that's not a bad thing. Dreamers make the world a better place. Who knows you might end up in US!

Now I have a question, I Got my recommendation letter and it has my name written as Mohan R. Singh, Where as my Name on my EE profile is Mohan Rakesh Singh. is that going to be a problem? especially since I am about to submit my documents for OINP. Also My bosses name is Rakesh Singh, would that affect me somehow in the long run. What do you guys think. Could really use your advice.

mahmod2020

Nov 8, 2017
I took me two years to reach a score of 8777..more than 7 attempts missed by 0.5 three times..Wes took more than 3 months for the second level evaluation. Finally things started getting better atlast got a score of 8777 on May 10th reaching a cut-off of 453. Till May 1st the cut-off was just 450 451. Will lose 5 points by Aug due to age factor. I don't know wat ll happen..but trying to Stay positive.
Will lose the same 5 points in August as well for my bday!
Waiting at 465 here

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
First of all I just wanna say , to all the people who are disheartened that the draw did not happen yesterday, Cheer Up, You have no way of knowing what tomorrow will bring, but if you smile, you will breeze through it all. I won't give you any cliched advice like "god has a plan" and all that, Just believe in yourself, we can only dream, and that's not a bad thing. Dreamers make the world a better place. Who knows you might end up in US!

Now I have a question, I Got my recommendation letter and it has my name written as Mohan R. Singh, Where as my Name on my EE profile is Mohan Rakesh Singh. is that going to be a problem? especially since I am about to submit my documents for OINP. Also My bosses name is Rakesh Singh, would that affect me somehow in the long run. What do you guys think. Could really use your advice.
Get a dual or multi name affidavit prepared.
List down all names their with details that in this document it’s is xyz, in that doc it is abc etc

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Get a dual or multi name affidavit prepared.
List down all names their with details that in this document it’s is xyz, in that doc it is abc etc
Well in that case getting another Recommendation Letter would be simpler. I just wanted to know if it was going to be a problem. Thanks for the help!

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello Guys ,

It is good to see such positive attitude in this thread.

I already received my Copr and am waiting for my interview with cic to confirm my permanant resident status.

I know for sure that canada has several immigration options through which you can immigrate, so dont let the the temporary spike in crs scores discourage you.

A helpful tip i can suggest is mention you are applying for ielts for a job offer rather than immigration . I got clb 9 bands in my first attempt when i did that after preparing for just 1 week

The ielts marksheet does not mention the immigration / job offer section so it does not matter to cic .

AB17

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Well, I am also in the same boat. Reading these posts encouraged me to share my story in case it could lift up anyone's spirit (especially people sitting at 450s who are sounding too impatient and hopeless or someone who is struggling in language score. I apologize in advance for the longer post.

I have been following ROH since Nov-2017 (mostly silently) and have read numerous posts here be it negative or positive. And it won’t be wrong to say that ROH has played a key role in keeping me positive despite a few negative occasions. It is only because of a few good & appreciable people(@13nitinsharma , @NikSharma01 and many others before them) in every ROH thread who keep motivating others, including me. :)

Anyway, How it started for me?:

It was the golden year 2017 which motivated me to join this race, and I thought that I too stand a decent chance to be through. I calculated the potential CRS and found that the best I could easily reach to is 438. Very well, I said to myself, since the cut-off score that time was dipping even to 413s. So, Hell yeah! I am into it. Although I am having only bachelor’s degree, and my spouse is holding master’s, I dint thought to bother her with the IELTS thing, and thought I could deal with it alone. Without wasting any time, I gave my first IELTS attempt in Jan 2018 (assuming my English is good enough to write the exam straight away), and wallah! I wasn't much disappointed. I got L:8.5|R:9:S:8|but W:6.5. I imagined well it’s not gonna take long and 2018 could be my year. :) (oh man! I was so wrong). Overall, by the end of Jan-2018 I was sitting at 389.

One failure is nothing, let move on:

As you might guess my next step, was to book another slot, and this time too I got CLB10 in all the other module but CLB8 in W. ☹ another set back. Urggghhhh!!!!!

Ok. Ok. Let’s prepare a little bit. I spent next one month on W and felt confident enough to go one more time……. Any guesses???? Yeah. W was again 6.5.

By now, it was Jun-2018 and this IELTS thing took a huge toll on my confidence level. On several forums, I read that BC & IDP do it intentionally. I wanted to believe those stories cause it was easy to blame someone else for your own failures. Hahaha. But would it solve my problem. No way, I definitely need to pull myself together again. I decide to go through Wren n Martin, university paper writing and what not. Well I was ready once again. I told myself lets do it for the final time. This time I got CLB10 in R & L. CLB9 in S(I blame my lower confidence for this), but W again 6.5. What the f*%$^$%.

Should I aim a bit lower:

Ok. I must get over 400 CRS first to increase my PNP chances as the CIC cut-off was oscillating at 440s. I made one more attempt in Oct-2018 to score 7 in W. And this time, I got a 7 but in S ☹. W was again 6.5. Other 2 modules were again 8.5-9. I gave another thought to blame BC/IDP, and honestly I did it this time for a while to console myself a bit. but making further understanding about the expectations in W made me change my mind and I decide to leave it to Jan-2019. By this time, I lost 5 points to my Happy(not so happy btw!) B’day. I was literally cursing myself for not going for a 1 year diploma earlier and for not involving my spouse into it. In order to mend the damage done, I asked my wife to prepare and got myself enrolled in a 1 year diploma.

Final nail in the coffin:

Luckily, IDP has introduced CBT in India by Oct 2018 and being an IT guy, I was happy . I booked another slot. I was prepared more than ever, not for IELTS, but for unfavourable outcome. What else could be devastating than my previous results? I was only focused to give my best that’s all. I finished up L with a feeling that I got all of them correct. Now, it was R time. To my surprise, my test was finished in 35 mins. Wait, I must have missed an entire section. I checked again and found that I am done with R. Again with the feeling of getting all of them correct. Good going! I appreciated myself But now is the real test i.e. W. On computer I was able to finish W in 45 mins. I proof-read twice and thought I cant do any better than this. If this time result is negative, I will bid farewell to IELTS & might try CELPIP or something.

I got the result after 5 days, I was sitting in a meeting in office when my phone’s message tone rang. It was L:9 | R:9 | W:7 | S:7.5.

F*** you IELTS, I cheered in my mind, but it seemed that everyone else in that meeting room read my thoughts by my expression. I was so happy to beat this demon with the hard work and never giveup attitude.

So, now I am sitting at 428. Hoping to get some PNP invite. But I guess now its time for OINP/SINP/MPNP….. to smirk at me.

But, I know one thing I am not gonna giveup on what I started. Not until I get it. It may take another year till I get additional education certificate to boost my score. I wish my spouse will get the CLB9 soon and all this may end soon.
Thanks for sharing your story. Really your efforts will not go waste definitely it will happen.

For others, worrying only makes it worse... I know downward spiral it can take to been there, never again... Now i put all my efforts to think Only positive. It will happen if it is meant to happen... if not well something else might be there.

They have given so many means to increase the score.. so people stuck should definitely explore all options before thinking negative and hopeless...

Reactions: mohit2018

alexross

Jan 11, 2018

This is not at all a problem. I also had the same thing with my middle initial in many documents. Actually in my employment letter and a few other documents my middle name was missing altogether, not even initial was there. They are very understanding about initials and their expansions. Some people will say get an affidavit, but that is a waste as it is not required. Just make sure you enter your name in your application the same as in your passport.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
I'm at 446 and I feel a little beaten I won't lie. Logically speaking I know that scores have been high before and have come down. So here is to hoping that cycle is repeated.
I am at 446 too!
But I am pretty optimistic.
Score will take a dive for sure. Just give it sometime.

A stone drops in the water and creates not one but many ripples. It takes some time before the pond regains its serenity. But for sure it does. ;)

Last edited:

Punitsingh

Jul 27, 2018
Hop
I am at 446 too!
But I am pretty optimistic.
Score will take a dive for sure. Just give it sometime.

A stone drops in the water and creates not one but many ripples. It takes sometime before the pond regains its serenity. But for sure it does. ;)
i hope there are no more stones in coming months

Shishir Chandra Kumar

Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
Nomination.....
17-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
IELTS Request
24/11/2018
Med's Done....
26-09-2019
My score is 462..118th draw is really horrible.. hoping for the best in the next draw.. fingers crossed!!!
There is nothing for you to worry about.
If you follow the ROH thread, you will get to know you are perfectly safe. You will get through in the coming draw or the next one for sure.

Eepool

Apr 3, 2019
Hello everyone , thank you all for being here as a support to each other .

As 5th june did not show up any draw . What is the expected crs score drop,provided a draw happens evry 14 days beginning 12th june.
Any chances of 453 this year?